By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:

It is already at 75,000 in Japan with 28 more days to go.

Could you stop doing COMG  points =1k. MK8 doesn't have 75k in pre orders

Around the Network

I think it will fall in the 750k to 1m range. I'd guess this is a game that a large percentage of WiiU owners want, but like all other WiiU games I don't see it having a massive launch week. Some good legs though.

Gaming since 1990

It would be lovely, we can only hope.

I see no way in which that is a reasonable expectation.

500K would seem amazing to me.  Put me in the 200-350K column.  It could do better if lucky, but I don't see it higher then 400-450K.

tbone51 said:
radishhead said:
Not even close - 350k maximum

Wattttttttttttttttttttt Crazy as hell, 350k Max? Want to bet it'll do over that?

Raise it to 400k and I'd be happy to bet on it

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:

RAdish please!

Over 100,000 in America with 28 more days to go.

Who knows about Europe.

Lets say 75,000 in Europe as well.

Did you just call in this prediction from your cell phone in your college dorm with MTHZEHVOR and your other college buddies?

So already could be at about 250-300 thousand. You still think it will only push out another 50-100 thousand copies over the next month, knowing full well that games get their biggest pushes the last week of pre-orders.

I am here to help you. I do not want to come back to this thread in a year and remind everyone of your horrendous prediction.

Want to choose again before we lock this in forever? Or change it to a higher number?

Nintendo games are never big on the pre-orders, and I don't think Mario Kart 8 will be any different. It'll sell a lot in the long term, but not week 1

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:
spurgeonryan said:

RAdish please!

Over 100,000 in America with 28 more days to go.

Who knows about Europe.

Lets say 75,000 in Europe as well.

Did you just call in this prediction from your cell phone in your college dorm with MTHZEHVOR and your other college buddies?

So already could be at about 250-300 thousand. You still think it will only push out another 50-100 thousand copies over the next month, knowing full well that games get their biggest pushes the last week of pre-orders.

I am here to help you. I do not want to come back to this thread in a year and remind everyone of your horrendous prediction.

Want to choose again before we lock this in forever? Or change it to a higher number?

Nintendo games are never big on the pre-orders, and I don't think Mario Kart 8 will be any different. It'll sell a lot in the long term, but not week 1

If it does not at least do double what you predicted I will attempt to bite my own dick off! Attempt....

Quoting for reference

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

radishhead said:
tbone51 said:
radishhead said:

Wattttttttttttttttttttt Crazy as hell, 350k Max? Want to bet it'll do over that?

Hmmmmm.... Tempting. I can do another bet (this will be 1 of 3 so its not too much atm) 2 weeks sig control for winner (399,999 or lower for you). We also get to keep wats in our sig! 

Deal?

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:
radishhead said:

Hmmmmm.... Tempting. I can do another bet (this will be 1 of 3 so its not too much atm) 2 weeks sig control for winner (399,999 or lower for you). We also get to keep wats in our sig! 

Deal?

Make it a one week ban bet.

Thats so mean, im not that type of guy. Its bad especially cuz...

1. I'll Easily Win (well not that easy :-/)

2. Radish will be missing out in the first MK8 Tourney :p

Edit: just remembered #s wont show up that quickly lol

Mummelmann said:
Just checked the numbers; Mario Kart Wii did close to 1.1 million first week in April 2008. On a 24 million installed base... This is quite simply impossible.

Mario kart wii sold 1.1 million on AMERICA's first week, worldwide was around 2.2 million. and MK8 is arguably more anticipated in a way that will drive more people to buy it FW.