By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789

OT: I believe it can go past the 1 million mark, but it depends a lot more on advertisement. I placed 500-750 on the poll, though, which I think is more likely.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

I see no way in which that is a reasonable expectation.

500K would seem amazing to me.  Put me in the 200-350K column.  It could do better if lucky, but I don't see it higher then 400-450K.

It's already got 100,000 US preorders before the Nintendo Direct hit. It was also before the bundles/free game were announced. Since then the game has been in the gamestop top best seller. 

I love how the closer it gets to launch, the less people say it will do poorly. Pavolink is always one of those though...no stopping that shoot.

farlaff said:

Still don't know why or how you, a mod, got modded!

I had the nerve to say that MK8 would fail to sell 350k first week

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Mario Kart Wii: 2 million first week on a user base of 25 million @ $49.99.

VGChartz Nintendo fan logic (for some users): Mario Kart 8, 1 million first week on a user base of 6 million @ $59.99 because *insert wrong reason here*

Around the Network
radishhead said:
farlaff said:

Still don't know why or how you, a mod, got modded!

I had the nerve to say that MK8 would fail to sell 350k first week

If I was a mod, I would have done the same thing. 

At the moment we have over 100.000 pre-orders and I think till the release it will be increase to 150.000 or 200.000. than the bundles will go out like bread. Maybe 300.000-500.000 unites will be go out in the first weak I think.

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

It's possible. It'll sell more than 300K in japan alone.

Train wreck said:

Mario Kart Wii: 2 million first week on a user base of 25 million @ $49.99.

VGChartz Nintendo fan logic (for some users): Mario Kart 8, 1 million first week on a user base of 6 million @ $59.99 because *insert wrong reason here*

lol, besides for the mockery of wat? 2 or 3 people whats your prediction since your very educated?

Edit: Even though its a lesser argument, MK7 did way over a mil with an 8mil user base. Dont bass this off my prediction, im just telling you since you love to put Nin Fans together :p

It's not completely out of the realms of possibility but I think it's relatively unlikely given the userbase. I think 500-600K should be relatively easily achievable though.

Guaranteed though that there will be any number of threads proclaiming the game as a failure for not selling 1 million in its first week.