By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
hsrob said:

It's not completely out of the realms of possibility but I think it's relatively unlikely given the userbase. I think 500-600K should be relatively easily achievable though.

Guaranteed though that there will be any number of threads proclaiming the game as a failure for not selling 1 million in its first week.

I kno at least 1 person day 1 with that kind of thread. No slack for him :p

Around the Network

150,000 worldwide

Bank it suckas! 0_o

Lyrikalstylez said:
150,000 worldwide

Bank it suckas! 0_o

better watch out somebody might take that seriously.

At least there aint money involved or you be broke

Lyrikalstylez said:
150,000 worldwide

Bank it suckas! 0_o

I know you aren't serious, but I would like to bet on that. One week ban for the person who loses. 

...I just want to try betting...

Zero999 said:

already wrote above but: it's much more anticipated than MK7, it's pre orders are above or equal to MK7, MK does better on home consoles. MK7 did 1.3M first week

Yeah but Mk7 released on a very successful handheld. And I disagree, Mario kart sold 20m+ on DS and is already at 10m on 3ds. Mario Kart does better in handhelds, MKWii was a exception not the rule. I don't think 1m fw is out of question, might be close, but won't do it "easily".

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:

Zero999 said:

already wrote above but: it's much more anticipated than MK7, it's pre orders are above or equal to MK7, MK does better on home consoles. MK7 did 1.3M first week

Yeah but Mk7 released on a very successful handheld. And I disagree, Mario kart sold 20m+ on DS and is already at 10m on 3ds. Mario Kart does better in handhelds, MKWii was a exception not the rule. I don't think 1m fw is out of question, might be close, but won't do it "easily".

This is one of 3 generations its going to win, you forgot MKDD (7mil) vs MKSC (5.5mil)

drake_tolu said:
For many, selling only 500,000 first week...
I bet it sells only 500,000 in the USA, maybe also 600,000.
Global i think 1,300,000.

that's the first prediction with some sense I see here. most of the predictions in this thread will be surpassed by US alone.

tbone51 said:
This is one of 3 generations its going to win, you forgot MKDD (7mil) vs MKSC (5.5mil)

Super Circuit was the first one of the series in a handheld and it did pretty good compared to other gba games. On the other hand Double Dash sold a lot less than 64. MKWii sold so much because of bundles and the huge market that Nintendo captive with the console, which is not going to happen again.

I predicted less than 200K first week and I still stand by that prediction.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

leyendax69 said:

Zero999 said:

WHAT? MK does much better on home consoles. super circuit didn't sell more than DD with 4x the installed base. mk ds sold a lot less than mk wii even with 50 million extra users. the 3ds has a much bigger installed base than either N64 or gamecube, yet MK7 is stll slightly bellow MK64 and not far above DD.