By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
radishhead said:
farlaff said:

Still don't know why or how you, a mod, got modded!

I had the nerve to say that MK8 would fail to sell 350k first week

And what, exactly, is wrong with that? Some kinda "no flaming on console sales" rule for mods? Because many others have done worse predictions and I see no offense on having a particular opinion.

Around the Network

hope it will sell 1mil+ first week,
but I think 950k is max.

leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

WHAT? MK does much better on home consoles. super circuit didn't sell more than DD with 4x the installed base. mk ds sold a lot less than mk wii even with 50 million extra users. the 3ds has a much bigger installed base than either N64 or gamecube, yet MK7 is stll slightly bellow MK64 and not far above DD.

Like already said, MKSS was the first game of the series in a handheld, it wasn't necessarily destined to do good numbers. And maybe you are right, doesn't care if MKwii had bundles or not, it sold due to the fad which Wii was. 

This gen could be the first where handheld>home console but I bet the next ones are gonna be the same.

It sold because of the amazing and addictive game it was.

Zero999 said:
leyendax69 said:

Like already said, MKSS was the first game of the series in a handheld, it wasn't necessarily destined to do good numbers. And maybe you are right, doesn't care if MKwii had bundles or not, it sold due to the fad which Wii was. 

This gen could be the first where handheld>home console but I bet the next ones are gonna be the same.

Not saying it wasn't a good game, but we all know it sold that huge figure because of wii and not for the game itself.

I highly doubt it. Either there'd have to be a huge movement in new Wii U's bought that week or like a fifth of all current Wii U install base would have to buy it in that first week, which would pretty much be incredible if that happened. 500 k is more than a high enough goal to shoot for.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

Not saying it wasn't a good game, but we all know it sold that huge figure because of wii and not for the game itself.

there's no excusing, MK wii sold because it was amazing. being the first hme console online MK was also a huge factor. wii wasn't a "fad", that's a cheap excuse. and if you were right, many other tradicional nintendo 1st party would have sold 20M+

Zero999 said:
leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

there's no excusing, MK wii sold because it was amazing. being the first hme console online MK was also a huge factor. wii wasn't a "fad", that's a cheap excuse. and if you were right, many other tradicional nintendo 1st party would have sold 20M+

Mkwii is the worst in the series, is pretty clear that didn't sold good due to its high quality. About what I marked, all Nintendo's first party are not for the casual market and even with that, series like Mario 3d, zelda, dk, smash all of them got a minor boost on their sales compared to past gens. But it  won't be at the same level of a casual game like Mk or Mario 2d, that's for sure.

And yes, Wii was a "fluke" or fad of a couple years which won't be repeated so soon. Proof of that is the wii series flopping on wii u. You can't sustain or repeat a sucess like that so easily. Its like if you ask for a new Harry Potter to Jk Rowling or a new call of duty to Activision.

leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:
leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

Mkwii is the worst in the series, is pretty clear that didn't sold good due to its high quality. About what I marked, all Nintendo's first party are not for the casual market and even with that, series like Mario 3d, zelda, dk, smash all of them got a minor boost on their sales compared to past gens. But it  won't be at the same level of a casual game like Mk or Mario 2d, that's for sure.

And yes, Wii was a "fluke" or fad of a couple years which won't be repeated so soon. Proof of that is the wii series flopping on wii u. You can't sustain or repeat a sucess like that so easily. Its like if you ask for a new Harry Potter to Jk Rowling or a new call of duty to Activision.

Make the bet already!!! You lose if it sells a million First Week :0

USA might be good for 250-300K, rest of the word perhaps the same again, so 600K? And that would be very impressive, considering that is almost 60% of MK Wii's first week with as you noted an install base of 24 million.

I don't know how someone can predict that MK8 will do 1 million week 1 when MK Wii just managed it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm gonna be mr positive and say YES, not only will it break 1 million in the first week, it will sell 12 million in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....I think it's time for me to go to bed.

Something...Something...Games...Something