By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789

I'd say yes. 300k Japan + 200k Europe + 450k NA + 50k others...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

there's no excusing, MK wii sold because it was amazing. being the first hme console online MK was also a huge factor. wii wasn't a "fad", that's a cheap excuse. and if you were right, many other tradicional nintendo 1st party would have sold 20M+

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:
I wonder if people would change their minds if I included digital sales?

Unfortunately we will probably never know digital sales so making predictions with them it kinda cheating a little.

Also, some predictions here are needlessly low, whilst others are needlessly high. Just seems to be a warground for bets here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tbone51 said:
Train wreck said:

Mario Kart Wii: 2 million first week on a user base of 25 million @ $49.99.

VGChartz Nintendo fan logic (for some users): Mario Kart 8, 1 million first week on a user base of 6 million @ $59.99 because *insert wrong reason here*

lol, besides for the mockery of wat? 2 or 3 people whats your prediction since your very educated?

Edit: Even though its a lesser argument, MK7 did way over a mil with an 8mil user base. Dont bass this off my prediction, im just telling you since you love to put Nin Fans together :p

I'm' showing  at 15 million user base... and that was in December, aka the time when such games and systems are going to sell there most.

Well Watch Dogs is going to outsell it FW atleast on PS4 and probably on XBone aswell. So anyone who is expecting MK8 to sell over 1 million is expecting Watch Dogs to do the same? I don't see Watch Dogs sell more than 1 million FW so no way MK8 is going to pull that off. (Or Japan sales should be insane, wich i do not expect).

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
drake_tolu said:
For many, selling only 500,000 first week...
I bet it sells only 500,000 in the USA, maybe also 600,000.
Global i think 1,300,000.

that's the first prediction with some sense I see here. most of the predictions in this thread will be surpassed by US alone.

Thank you. :3

Conegamer said:
spurgeonryan said:
I wonder if people would change their minds if I included digital sales?

Unfortunately we will probably never know digital sales so making predictions with them it kinda cheating a little.

Also, some predictions here are needlessly low, whilst others are needlessly high. Just seems to be a warground for bets here.

Nintendo actually tells us their digital sales rather often and MK8 releases on the last week of May, so if they tell us the total sales with digital during NPD, we know that it only includes the first week. Japan shouldn't be a problem as well.
Besides I think most of us did already include digital sales. I for one did since in normal cases they only add about 10% and are thus rather insignificant.
I hear a lot that this and that game is surely going to do better digital, but it only really happened when Nintendo shipped too few retail copies (especially in Japan).

farlaff said:
radishhead said:
farlaff said:

Still don't know why or how you, a mod, got modded!

I had the nerve to say that MK8 would fail to sell 350k first week

And what, exactly, is wrong with that? Some kinda "no flaming on console sales" rule for mods? Because many others have done worse predictions and I see no offense on having a particular opinion.

We expect more common sense from our moderators.
But seriously he wasn't modded for that, it was a joke.

RolStoppable said:
Kasz216 said:
tbone51 said:

Edit: Even though its a lesser argument, MK7 did way over a mil with an 8mil user base. Dont bass this off my prediction, im just telling you since you love to put Nin Fans together :p

I'm' showing  at 15 million user base... and that was in December, aka the time when such games and systems are going to sell there most.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40881/Global/

8.9m installed base on launch week. But since tbone aligned MK7's launch week worldwide, we'll have to look at the following week which puts the 3DS at 10m. So 1m+ for Mario Kart 7 on an installed base of 10m.

Anything below 500k for MK8's launch week would be a disaster. Even Pikmin 3 moved 100k copies in summer in Japan alone. 150k (Japan), 250k (America) and 100k (Europe) for MK8's launch week aren't unreasonably high estimates. You should have been moderated too for your "less than 350k" prediction.

I think Mario Kart 8 will sell mostly existing Wii U owners like Titanfall sold mostly to existing X1 owners. Meaning it will not push tons of consoles immediately (not on a Cod or GTA 5 level). This I believe partly because it is in late Spring and also because the biggest Ninty fans already bought the WII U in my opinon. (Most Nintendo fans on this very site fit into this category I think).