By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
binary solo said:
USA might be good for 250-300K, rest of the word perhaps the same again, so 600K? And that would be very impressive, considering that is almost 60% of MK Wii's first week with as you noted an install base of 24 million.

I don't know how someone can predict that MK8 will do 1 million week 1 when MK Wii just managed it.

MKWii did 2 mil Fw...

Around the Network

tbone51 said:
Make the bet already!!! You lose if it sells a million First Week :0

Hmm I was actually asking to him the reasons of his confidence, not denying or something. I do think 1m is a possibility but like we went a little off-topic :d

Clyde32 said:
binary solo said:
USA might be good for 250-300K, rest of the word perhaps the same again, so 600K? And that would be very impressive, considering that is almost 60% of MK Wii's first week with as you noted an install base of 24 million.

I don't know how someone can predict that MK8 will do 1 million week 1 when MK Wii just managed it.

MKWii did 2 mil Fw...

So it did. I didn't realise it released later in the USA until just now. Well that makes 500K-750K make a lot more sense as that's ~1/3 of MK Wii's first week, with Wii U install base being closer to 1/4 of the install base. it should sell to a larger proportion of the install base, but not too much larger.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

spurgeonryan said:
Zero999 said:
leyendax69 said:

Not saying it wasn't a good game, but we all know it sold that huge figure because of wii and not for the game itself.

there's no excusing, MK wii sold because it was amazing. being the first hme console online MK was also a huge factor. wii wasn't a "fad", that's a cheap excuse. and if you were right, many other tradicional nintendo 1st party would have sold 20M+

Motion control was the fad, the wii was not.

Is not the same? that's like saying mobiles are not the fad, their apps are...

It will!!!
Also im taking bets!!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
The Wii still would of had those Nintendo games.^

Online still would have had ts true Nintendo birth on the Wii. Just the sales would not have been as huge. Wii sports would be gone, maybe in favor of Mario Galaxy. Lets face it...casuals went crazy over the motion control, not 4 player mario.

Yep, and would have hardware numbers quite similar to GC, N64 maybe a little better if they know how to do the wii series works. But like you said, it was all due to motion controls.

Wasn't there already a thread for this? I think I remember someone making a thread of people predicting what MK8 would do in its FW and LTD. As for myself, I don't think it will. I believe in that thread I predicted 850k FW.

POE said:
It will!!!
Also im willing to lose bets!!

fixed

my guess/vote was yes.

bout 500k in retail
about 200k Wii U bundles, and
about 300k in digital that get accounted for until a Nintendo press release.

I've heard a lot of people say they are getting this digital because they know they will never sell it.