By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
spurgeonryan said:
I wonder if people would change their minds if I included digital sales?

No. Because for one, Digital won't make a large portion of sales. Especiallyfor Wii U. I'd expect less than 100k digital week one. And secondly, I'm going off user base and past sales. I think it will sell near 650k (and it should. If less then its a huge flop). That means if it sells 100k retail then 550 digital. or 600k retail 50k digital (which is what I would expect)

Around the Network

I am thinking 500k-600k and 3 million lifetime, but I guess it can get to 6-7 million if the wiiU last another 2 or 3 years, which I wonder if is the plan right now...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

POE said:
We will never know anyways because of digital sales not being tracked.

Yes we would. We could use reason to come to that conclusion. If it sells 500k retail then with reason we could conclude it's no where near 1m because digital doesn't make up near 50% of sales. If it sells 750k then we can conclude that it's most likely close to 1m but didn't quite reach it. If it gets greater than 800k its so close to surpassing it that we can say with confidence that it has or at least "close enough"

MK8 will pass a million first week easy. As long as Nintendo markets it correctly, and all that jazz about being a sell out is true.

Mario Kart 8 deserves high sells. It SHOULD sell about a million first week but I highly doubt it.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
binary solo said:
USA might be good for 250-300K, rest of the word perhaps the same again, so 600K? And that would be very impressive, considering that is almost 60% of MK Wii's first week with as you noted an install base of 24 million.

I don't know how someone can predict that MK8 will do 1 million week 1 when MK Wii just managed it.

MK wii sold 2.3 milion first week. MK8 can easily cross 1 million.

2.1m FW.... on' now where you get any of your figures anytime you argue. An you expect 50% of sales on 25% userbase of the Wii's

Max King of the Wild said:
POE said:

Yes we would. We could use reason to come to that conclusion. If it sells 500k retail then with reason we could conclude it's no where near 1m because digital doesn't make up near 50% of sales. If it sells 750k then we can conclude that it's most likely close to 1m but didn't quite reach it. If it gets greater than 800k its so close to surpassing it that we can say with confidence that it has or at least "close enough"

You are taking past events to create a law, a fact.  How can you be so sure that if the game sells 500k retail it didn´t sell other 500k digitaly? You can´t.

AnthonyW86 said:
Zero999 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Well Watch Dogs is going to outsell it FW atleast on PS4 and probably on XBone aswell. So anyone who is expecting MK8 to sell over 1 million is expecting Watch Dogs to do the same? I don't see Watch Dogs sell more than 1 million FW so no way MK8 is going to pull that off. (Or Japan sales should be insane, wich i do not expect).

You overestimate WD and underestimate MK8.

Watch Dogs ps4 is over 270k in U.S. pre orders alone, MK8 barely over 100k. The pre order charts are by no means a perfect way to predict sales but the gap looks to large to catch up.

Keep in mind that it will probably gain 100-200k a week during the final weeks. 

POE said:
POE said:

You are taking past events to create a law, a fact.  How can you be so sure that if the game sells 500k retail it didn´t sell other 500k digitaly? You can´t.

Why not 5 mill first week digital? Push the boat out!!

Zero999 said:
binary solo said:
USA might be good for 250-300K, rest of the word perhaps the same again, so 600K? And that would be very impressive, considering that is almost 60% of MK Wii's first week with as you noted an install base of 24 million.

I don't know how someone can predict that MK8 will do 1 million week 1 when MK Wii just managed it.

MK wii sold 2.3 milion first week. MK8 can easily cross 1 million.

2.1m FW.... on' now where you get any of your figures anytime you argue. An you expect 50% of sales on 25% userbase of the Wii's

Not agreeing with Zero Predictions but he's right (Its not 2.1mil, its 2.3mil)