By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
Zero999 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:

I'm expecting much more than 50%. words like hype and anticipation comes to mind.

You also expect 4mil more sales than the wii u already has 5 months ago based off similar things

Quote again when you have something relevant to say.

It is relevant. Maybe the fact that every single one of your WiiU predictions has turned out wrong would clue you in to stop overpredicting WiiU sales. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Not agreeing with Zero Predictions but he's right (Its not 2.1mil, its 2.3mil)

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
12th April 2008 1 1,084,638 N/A 1,084,638

USA First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
03rd May 2008 1 1,031,734 N/A 1,031,734

lol, i knew you do this :p  Its 2.1mil +200k with the rest of the world. Look at  japan+Europe sales that week, its at 270k+1,031,734 which means 1.30mil. Global that week of US release is over 1.5mil cuz other countries were frst release as well, so its 2.1mil

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39572/Global/

RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

Throwing out some arbitrary number like most people seems boring. It would only be interesting if there was some kind of bet involved.  The question I was getting at of whether it will move hardware both short term and long term is more interesting to me as it will have greater consequences toward the consoles future. Like how long it will be in stores, future games etc.  

I would never jump to talking about the NFC when I got the AFC as a topic. That is crazy. 

You are right. It should have been:

Q: Who will win the NFC in 2014?
A: I am rooting for the Broncos, that's all that matters to me.

That's more like you.

It is the team of my state. It would seem like heresy, or an abomination to closely follow any other team. I am not a disgrace to my dignity like Chunk and NoName. That and I actually do watch way more AFC games than NFC games in general. AFC West baby! Sue me! 

It's not astronomically unlikely, but it's also not likely at all to happen. I mean it only needs a 20% attach rate first week, which sounds doable, but it would be vastly outperforming everything, even things that currently have a 50%+ attach rate, if it got that much in its first week. I'm not counting it out, but I think half a mil would be more along the lines of what I'm hoping for. It'll definitely end up being the best selling game on the system by the end of the year, but I don't know about first week.

HylianSwordsman said:
It's not astronomically unlikely, but it's also not likely at all to happen. I mean it only needs a 20% attach rate first week, which sounds doable, but it would be vastly outperforming everything, even things that currently have a 50%+ attach rate, if it got that much in its first week. I'm not counting it out, but I think half a mil would be more along the lines of what I'm hoping for. It'll definitely end up being the best selling game on the system by the end of the year, but I don't know about first week.

MK is bigger than those games with 50%+ attach rate. and that percentage is related to the head start those games got. and the FW attach rate would have to be 15%, not 20. that's not hard to achieve and this MK in particular is super hyped.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

Quote again when you have something relevant to say.

It is relevant. Maybe the fact that every single one of your WiiU predictions has turned out wrong would clue you in to stop overpredicting WiiU sales. 

No, it wasn't all of my wii u predicitons that turned wrong and you're just provoking me instead of arguing.

Zero999 said:

MK is bigger than those games with 50%+ attach rate. and that percentage is related to the head start those games got. and the FW attach rate would have to be 15%, not 20. that's not hard to achieve and this MK in particular is super hyped.

where is this hype? Its not real world hype and I can assure you that. Its Nintendo fan, Wii U owners, forum dweller hype. Just like Wii U was before it lauched

Zero999 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

True, which is why I'm not counting it out yet. I'm just counting on half a mil because I KNOW it can manage that, and if/when 1 mil happens, I'll be pretty excited.

Oh, and concerning your sig Zero, Ps4s worst case scenario will be 14m and Wii Us best case will be 12m. If I were you, Id get that month sig control over with ASAP and concede the bet

Oh, and concerning your sig Zero, Ps4s worst case scenario will be 14m and Wii Us best case will be 12m. If I were you, Id get that month sig control over with ASAP and concede the bet

Heyyy! Did you see my last post, you didn't respond :x