By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

Quote again when you have something relevant to say.

It is relevant. Maybe the fact that every single one of your WiiU predictions has turned out wrong would clue you in to stop overpredicting WiiU sales. 

No, it wasn't all of my wii u predicitons that turned wrong and you're just provoking me instead of arguing.

what predictions did you have about WIi U that actually turned out to be right? Not trying to be an ass, just wanna know

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

what predictions did you have about WIi U that actually turned out to be right? Not trying to be an ass, just wanna know

He won against pezus in a bet :p  (though its not something to be proud of!)

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

He won against pezus in a bet :p  (though its not something to be proud of!)

details!

Max King of the Wild said:
spurgeonryan said:
I wonder if people would change their minds if I included digital sales?

No. Because for one, Digital won't make a large portion of sales. Especiallyfor Wii U. I'd expect less than 100k digital week one. And secondly, I'm going off user base and past sales. I think it will sell near 650k (and it should. If less then its a huge flop). That means if it sells 100k retail then 550 digital. or 600k retail 50k digital (which is what I would expect)

Oh - having a game ALWAYS INSTANT AVAILABLE ON FLASH isn't a huge thing? Having a quick MK 8 "fix" without changing the games disc you'll spend the next weeks with?

Come on... these kind of eShop Downloads are a Wii owners dream come true.

So serious MK players will get the download. 

You'll see when Nintendo announces their next quarterly results after the launch...

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:

details!

Dont know exactly but people thought ps4 in japan would be selling alot (not counting first week) weekly, so pezus told zero that ps4 in japan only in its 3rd(or might be 4th) week would outsell wiiu worldwide (that same week), pezus lost. I guess with ps4 domination worldwide, we all thought in japan it be similar to some extent :-/

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Dont know exactly but people thought ps4 in japan would be selling alot (not counting first week) weekly, so pezus told zero that ps4 in japan only in its 3rd(or might be 4th) week would outsell wiiu worldwide (that same week), pezus lost. I guess with ps4 domination worldwide, we all thought in japan it be similar to some extent :-/

even a broken clock is right two times a day

I say close to 1 mil but not more. Taking into account the Wii U sales compared to other Nintendo consoles that released a Mario Kart, I don't think it'll sell as well. I would feel more inclined to buy a first party game especially from Nintendo if I had a Wii U though in this case nothing really catches my eye. The only really notable change IMO is the transition to HD but other than that it's just another MK with different mode of transport that don't really alter the course of the game. I actually had the chance to try it out when I went to WonderCon and was not really impressed. On a side note, I'm confident Smash 4 will easily break 1 million in a week.

Yeah, its possible

It's really funny to see how digital is getting overestimated time and time again on consoles and handhelds and yet people are still angry about VGC over- and/or undertracking things after the NPD results.

It's possible. so much hype and the Club Nintendo promotion.

But someting around 666K units are more likely... doomed.