By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 8th Gen Lacks excitement

which do you think is the worst generation?

Gen 1 78 15.57%

Gen 2 31 6.19%

Gen 3 7 1.40%

Gen 4 6 1.20%

Gen 5 10 2.00%

Gen 6 25 4.99%

Gen 7 41 8.18%

Gen 8 132 26.35%

What do these F*cking numbers mean? 61 12.18%

show results. 107 21.36%

Total:498
Rustuv said:

I am not the first to say this and I feel like I should not be the last.

Yeah you're right - People say this ever goddamn generation. I'm so sick of hearing this tbh.

I haven't read the rest of your post because there's nothing new in there just as this opinion of the 8th gen was around for the 6th and 7th as well.

In a year from now people will stop saying this shit. And then it'll start all over again when 9th gen starts.

*SIGH*

Around the Network

Just jump in here and let me enjoy BF4 & Ground Zeroes on my shiny PS4, as well as my pile of Vita games

I agree. The 8th gen needs more sexy games that will excite the masses!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I see no real hook for this generation...in each other generation there was some sort of hook to say "this is why you need to upgrade". For a while it was huge leaps in graphics, or more complex controllers, or online play, or motion controls...now, they are just saying "we are giving you a little bit more of everything" instead of "we are giving you some awesome new feature". For me, Nintendo is the only one who tried to do something new, although they failed to prove why "new" means "better" in this case.

Overall, I'm pretty sure I will be moving to Nintendo/PC gaming from here on out...

curl-6 said:
SvennoJ said:

Excitement of last gen?

Waiting for Lair? Heavenly sword, to finish it in 6 hours. That was 8 months after release already. Ratchet and Clank in October finally was worth the wait. Beginning of the year was Motorstorm, F1 championship edition, MLB 07 and Ninja Gaidan sigma. 
Same for 360, Dead rising in August broke the drought.

Don't let those rose tinted nostalgia glasses fool you

Last gen was insanely exciting; in just it's first year the Wii changed the way games were played, 3D Mario and Zelda returned to greatness in Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 set a new gold standard first person shooter control.

There's been nothing on any of the three 8th gen consoles as exciting as any of those games yet.

Mario galaxy came a year after release, november 2007. MP3 August. TP was a Game Cube game. Sure Wii sports and Zack and Wiki (in October) were quite refreshing. Give it time, it's April.... Start complaining after E3.

Around the Network

You haven't even given this gen enough of a chance to see 1 single E3 or full release year yet dude. Also as I have stated before, there is no major technological jump occurring with this gen release which definitely takes a way a lot of the excitement. 8 to 16 bit, or 16 to 32, or SD to HD, stereo to Dolby, or Blu-ray vs HDDVD, or HDMI etc. etc. etc. Nothing like that is occurring this gen. Also have you not played Resogun, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, MGS, Infamous SS, AC4, KI and so on?? there are a bunch of great games out for new gen and has been since day 1.  Tons of people say this everytime new consoles are released.  TONS.  There is absolutely nothing that makes this gen any inherently worse than most of the others in the past other than this instant gratification and entitlement attitude that has swept over the planet over the past 4 or 5 years regarding everything including video games.

I feel that the market leaders, 3DS and PS4, are severely lacking in games so far considering how popular they've been.

Other than that it has been fine. The drama last E3 was great, and there's plenty of great games on the horizon.

I packed my ps3 before getting ps4. After playing infamous second both good and bad I see no games. My ps4 is packed a well. I unpacked ps3 again to play resistance 3 and I lost interest. So I am now playing small games in pc.

For me the problem is this from n64/ps1 we got ps2 a dvd player and gta 3 and the graphics wow improvement. Then after ps2/xbox/gc we got 360 holy shit look at those graphics I need one of those......! Then wii with its crazy batshit contols everyone wanted one etc. Then we come to ps4/xbone and its like..... okayyy so there massive come with a weird massive camera thing and hmmm the graphics look kinda the same? With amazing games like knack and ryse erm no thanks ill wait for like 2, years. Wii u is decent tho im kinda hyped for mk8 for some reason

The WiiU has some pretty amazing games right now. Can't say the same about xbone and ps4, they have some good games, but nothing amazing.