By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 8th Gen Lacks excitement

which do you think is the worst generation?

Gen 1 78 15.57%

Gen 2 31 6.19%

Gen 3 7 1.40%

Gen 4 6 1.20%

Gen 5 10 2.00%

Gen 6 25 4.99%

Gen 7 41 8.18%

Gen 8 132 26.35%

What do these F*cking numbers mean? 61 12.18%

show results. 107 21.36%

Total:498
TravenousMaximus said:
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but generation 6 was disappointing; having to watch all those companies fold, and many of the other big names prior to Gen 6 compromised their old ways - budgets went up, creativity went down.

I agree; gen 6 was the worst gen I've lived through. (I started with the 4th)

Around the Network

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

wait till E3 that's when the excitement will really start but so far i'm not complaining, how can you be not excited for the these games.

last of us hd
witcher 3
new batman
the order 1986
infamous

curl-6 said:
zero129 said:

Its impact for me was really very small and im getting much more use out of my PS4 atm then what i was with my Wii when i got it.

But like i said all this comes back to the Wii and it was more so got to do with Nintendo using the Wii Remote that made Wii sports have such a big impact then the game itself imo as the game was only okish at best. and Zelda still launched on 6th gen hardware looking exactly the same pretty much as it did on the Wii it was in development for the GC before the wii by every defenition its a 6th gen game.

Anyway like everyone has said its way to early to call this gen but so far for me its showing good signs but it seems like your just not happy that Nintendo is not living up to what they done last gen? (Even if imo i think they are when it comes to games anyway even if that doesnt include success so i dont really see the problem people are having this gen).

Wii Sports was a pop culture phenomenon; can't say the same about anything this gen.

If TP launched on GC first I'd agree, but it didn't, it debuted as 7th gen.

And it's not just that Nintendo hasn't lived up to last gen so far, it's also that Sony and MS have not improved on their weak starts to last gen.

the zelda tech demo on wiiu excited me more then anything on wii. justin beaver is laso a pop culture phenomenon does that excite you.

joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

Wii Sports was a pop culture phenomenon; can't say the same about anything this gen.

And it's not just that Nintendo hasn't lived up to last gen so far, it's also that Sony and MS have not improved on their weak starts to last gen.

the zelda tech demo on wiiu excited me more then anything on wii. justin beaver is laso a pop culture phenomenon does that excite you.

No, but neither does anything on PS4/Xbone.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

witcher 3, the new batman, the order 1986 and drive club don't excite you?

joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

Not really, no.

I couldn't get into previous Witcher games, Batman Asylum/City were good but by Origins the series had  grown stale, and the other two just don't look like my cup of tea.

curl-6 said:
joel1989 said:
curl-6 said:

Not really, no.

I couldn't get into previous Witcher games, Batman Asylum/City were good but by Origins the series had  grown stale, and the other two just don't look like my cup of tea.

what  games are you excited for.

joel1989 said:

what  games are you excited for.

Monolith Soft's "X". Bayonetta 2.