By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:
Cause they want to play it with the best console experience. Just say, "Xbox, Goto TitanFall!"

And Motion Triggers!
Haptic feedback in the triggers! Just adds to the experience and feel of the game. It's like you can 'feel the weight' of the Titans. And in contrast, how light and limber you are as a pilot.

Make your own gaming community and blast away with your friends. Work together as you squash your enemies. Cheer each other on as you advance in skill and levels.

Plus it's a nice system. Plenty other fun game, and many more to come.

PS Plus there is that rumor about Ice Cream, but I think it's just a legend.

sorry to disapoint

http://www.cheats.co/blog/titanfall-weapons-xp-distribution-rumble-xbox-one-triggers/

i remembered reading this, not sure if it will change or not. 

I do remember reading that, but then I also thought people said it worked in Beta, no?

Either way, it feels really good in your hand.  If they add the rumble triggers later then, bonus, bonus.

Also, to the people talking about TitanFall II on the PS4.  We don't know if that will happen, but we do know it will not be before 2017 if it does.  That is still a 'if it will come to the PS4.'  EA has already said it's on a 3 year development cycle.

And who know, I have a feeling Microsoft might buy it from them.

I doubt Zampella would like to lose another one of his games. Its exactly the reason why EA doesn't own the product, but rather Respawn does. MS will have to fend for themselves this gen. They cant keep paying to keep games away from Sony.

What games did they pay to keep away from Sony?

Are you serious? The first three years of the 360's lifespan was third party exclusivity. The third party exclusives are slimming down and EA took a risk on Microsoft thinking that they would dominate Sony. Didn't happen. Zampella was open to the possibility of putting the game on the PS4 until he got notice from EA that Microsoft paid to keep the game as an exclusive. A major portion of the success of Microsofts launch is all due to EA, hype from a former Sony dev at E3 and an outside company named Double Helix making Rares title. Dead Rising 4 will be on the PS4 and Xbox One as well just like two was last gen. Microsoft funds the first game as it seems.

Link?

Wait...so you're telling me that you didn't know how Microsoft got the early adopters from the PS2 to make the switch? 

Xbox 360 was a better system and thats why people made the switch.  Xbox 360 will go down as one of the best consoles of all time.

I'm sure you believe so. Consumers are up for grabs based on price, games, specs and preparation (especially if what they mainly buy is third party). They both are pandering to the same audience. The 360 was the greatest Xbox ever for sure, but holds no candle to any of Sonys consoles in terms of exclusives. Its exactly why everyone was writing lists about Sony's exclusives and during the game of the year Microsoft rarely ever beat Sony for GOTY because of a lack of exclusives. They were too dependent on the same games. Last gen was Sonys worst gen ever and they still managed to sell over eighty million consoles. No brand can say that...at all. Look at Nintendo and Microsofts worst gens. Sorry. No comparison.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:
Cause they want to play it with the best console experience. Just say, "Xbox, Goto TitanFall!"

And Motion Triggers!
Haptic feedback in the triggers! Just adds to the experience and feel of the game. It's like you can 'feel the weight' of the Titans. And in contrast, how light and limber you are as a pilot.

Make your own gaming community and blast away with your friends. Work together as you squash your enemies. Cheer each other on as you advance in skill and levels.

Plus it's a nice system. Plenty other fun game, and many more to come.

PS Plus there is that rumor about Ice Cream, but I think it's just a legend.

sorry to disapoint

http://www.cheats.co/blog/titanfall-weapons-xp-distribution-rumble-xbox-one-triggers/

i remembered reading this, not sure if it will change or not. 

I do remember reading that, but then I also thought people said it worked in Beta, no?

Either way, it feels really good in your hand.  If they add the rumble triggers later then, bonus, bonus.

Also, to the people talking about TitanFall II on the PS4.  We don't know if that will happen, but we do know it will not be before 2017 if it does.  That is still a 'if it will come to the PS4.'  EA has already said it's on a 3 year development cycle.

And who know, I have a feeling Microsoft might buy it from them.

I doubt Zampella would like to lose another one of his games. Its exactly the reason why EA doesn't own the product, but rather Respawn does. MS will have to fend for themselves this gen. They cant keep paying to keep games away from Sony.

What games did they pay to keep away from Sony?

Are you serious? The first three years of the 360's lifespan was third party exclusivity. The third party exclusives are slimming down and EA took a risk on Microsoft thinking that they would dominate Sony. Didn't happen. Zampella was open to the possibility of putting the game on the PS4 until he got notice from EA that Microsoft paid to keep the game as an exclusive. A major portion of the success of Microsofts launch is all due to EA, hype from a former Sony dev at E3 and an outside company named Double Helix making Rares title. Dead Rising 4 will be on the PS4 and Xbox One as well just like two was last gen. Microsoft funds the first game as it seems.

Link?

Wait...so you're telling me that you didn't know how Microsoft got the early adopters from the PS2 to make the switch? 

Xbox 360 was a better system and thats why people made the switch.  Xbox 360 will go down as one of the best consoles of all time.

I'm sure you believe so. Consumers are up for grabs based on price, games, specs and preparation (especially if what they mainly buy is third party). They both are pandering to the same audience. The 360 was the greatest Xbox ever for sure, but holds no candle to any of Sonys consoles in terms of exclusives. Its exactly why everyone was writing lists about Sony's exclusives and during the game of the year Microsoft rarely ever beat Sony for GOTY because of a lack of exclusives. They were too dependent on the same games. Last gen was Sonys worst gen ever and they still managed to sell over eighty million consoles. No brand can say that...at all. Look at Nintendo and Microsofts worst gens. Sorry. No comparison.

Thats your opinion and everybody has one.

Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What...that Microsofts best gen was Sonys worst and they were neck-in-neck? Thats not an opinion but rather a matter of fact.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What...that Microsofts best gen was Sonys worst and they were neck-in-neck? Thats not an opinion but rather a matter of fact.

Both of you have valid opinions.  You're right Sony's worst generation is neck-in-neck with MS's best generation, but Sony lost a lot while MS gained a lot.

As a PS fan who got all three systems last gen I will not deny that Xbox 360 was an excellent console.  It had stronger online functionality than PS3 for a long time, and some really great exclusives in it's early years.  It also had a better GPU and a lower price, sound familiar?  MS led in several ways and Sony had to adapt to improve their online, to create PS+, and to support developers to get more out of the hardware, which they did after a while.  MS also stopped getting great exclusives while Sony kept making great exclusives every year.

MS did best in the 1st half, and Sony best in the 2nd half.  Overall, in heavily contested regions, MS won last gen.  Both of them proved a lot, MS made a very popular gamer's console, Sony proved their long term support is unsurpassed.  Both of them also suffered huge disasters like RROD, or losing billions.

But now the numbers reset to 0, and the comparison between X1 & PS4 are completely different between X360 and PS3 were in their time.  MS lost their luck I would say, no 1 year head-start, no lower prices, no better graphics, no better online play features.  Just Kinect 2 which is not a great advantage, and snatching the unborn Titanfall.  Sony's coming with PS Now, and supposedly VR. So far it's clear Sony is set to gain and MS set to lose ground in this gen.

Titanfall launch is a huge popcorn moment  a) It has a huge and long term effect and lets X1 fight on more level footing with PS4. b) It has little long term effect which leaves X1 still dominated by PS4 with nothing else to turn things around for at least 6 months.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Both of you have valid opinions.  You're right Sony's worst generation is neck-in-neck with MS's best generation, but Sony lost a lot while MS gained a lot.

As a PS fan who got all three systems last gen I will not deny that Xbox 360 was an excellent console.  It had stronger online functionality than PS3 for a long time, and some really great exclusives in it's early years.  It also had a better GPU and a lower price, sound familiar?  MS led in several ways and Sony had to adapt to improve their online, to create PS+, and to support developers to get more out of the hardware, which they did after a while.  MS also stopped getting great exclusives while Sony kept making great exclusives every year.

MS did best in the 1st half, and Sony best in the 2nd half.  Overall, in heavily contested regions, MS won last gen.  Both of them proved a lot, MS made a very popular gamer's console, Sony proved their long term support is unsurpassed.  Both of them also suffered huge disasters like RROD, or losing billions.

But now the numbers reset to 0, and the comparison between X1 & PS4 are completely different between X360 and PS3 were in their time.  MS lost their luck I would say, no 1 year head-start, no lower prices, no better graphics, no better online play features.  Just Kinect 2 which is not a great advantage, and snatching the unborn Titanfall.  Sony's coming with PS Now, and supposedly VR. So far it's clear Sony is set to gain and MS set to lose ground in this gen.

Titanfall launch is a huge popcorn moment  a) It has a huge and long term effect and lets X1 fight on more level footing with PS4. b) It has little long term effect which leaves X1 still dominated by PS4 with nothing else to turn things around for at least 6 months.

Xbox 360 was a better system last generation and nobody can tell me anything different. I own both systems and actually wish I never even bought that PS3.

Around the Network

There is no reason. Just stick to the 360 version, i'm pretty sure it'll be the same anyways.

Landguy said:

Please read before replying.  I clearly said that the best CONSOLE version.  So, I should buy a $1,000 plus PC to play it?  Or should I go spend $200+ buying a 360 to play it?

THe question assumes that you don't own any console or PC.

How many people interested in a game like Titanfall don't already own any console or PC? That's a very narrow target group.

Reasons to buy XB1 verson of Titanfall

1- XB1 Controller > 360 Controller

2- Better Graphics > 360 Version

3- XB1 Headset > 360 Headset

4- Possible Kinect functions (optional)

5- Future XB1 games.

6- Rumble Triggers

7- Future Xbox community

8- XB1 will be around another 5+ years

9- Future DLC and Patches

10- Best console experince.

11- XBOX LIVE Acheievments

12- Doesnt use PC Origins.

Conina said:
Landguy said:

Please read before replying.  I clearly said that the best CONSOLE version.  So, I should buy a $1,000 plus PC to play it?  Or should I go spend $200+ buying a 360 to play it?

THe question assumes that you don't own any console or PC.

How many people interested in a game like Titanfall don't already own any console or PC? That's a very narrow target group.

How many people do you think own a gaming pc? Most people own cheap laptops that are not made for gaming.

Vasto said:

Xbox 360 was a better system last generation and nobody can tell me anything different. I own both systems and actually wish I never even bought that PS3.

So why didn't you sell your PS3 if you are so unhappy with it?