By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:
Cause they want to play it with the best console experience. Just say, "Xbox, Goto TitanFall!"

And Motion Triggers!
Haptic feedback in the triggers! Just adds to the experience and feel of the game. It's like you can 'feel the weight' of the Titans. And in contrast, how light and limber you are as a pilot.

Make your own gaming community and blast away with your friends. Work together as you squash your enemies. Cheer each other on as you advance in skill and levels.

Plus it's a nice system. Plenty other fun game, and many more to come.

PS Plus there is that rumor about Ice Cream, but I think it's just a legend.

sorry to disapoint

http://www.cheats.co/blog/titanfall-weapons-xp-distribution-rumble-xbox-one-triggers/

i remembered reading this, not sure if it will change or not. 

I do remember reading that, but then I also thought people said it worked in Beta, no?

Either way, it feels really good in your hand.  If they add the rumble triggers later then, bonus, bonus.

Also, to the people talking about TitanFall II on the PS4.  We don't know if that will happen, but we do know it will not be before 2017 if it does.  That is still a 'if it will come to the PS4.'  EA has already said it's on a 3 year development cycle.

And who know, I have a feeling Microsoft might buy it from them.

I doubt Zampella would like to lose another one of his games. Its exactly the reason why EA doesn't own the product, but rather Respawn does. MS will have to fend for themselves this gen. They cant keep paying to keep games away from Sony.

Around the Network

So the flagship Xbox One title doesn't use Kinect, and doesn't use X1's unique trigger rumble.

My 8th gen collection

Zappykins said:

I do remember reading that, but then I also thought people said it worked in Beta, no?

Either way, it feels really good in your hand.  If they add the rumble triggers later then, bonus, bonus.

Also, to the people talking about TitanFall II on the PS4.  We don't know if that will happen, but we do know it will not be before 2017 if it does.  That is still a 'if it will come to the PS4.'  EA has already said it's on a 3 year development cycle.

not sure about the rumble triggers, but i havent read they have been added, ask someone who played the beta maybe? im sure somebody in the XB nation thread knows. 

TitanFall on PS4 will most likely happen, but either in 2016 or 2017, we are most likely going to get another FPS from EA this year, people tend to getget that. doubt EA will let TitanFall one go from a 90~ million console install base to just a 30/40 million one on the XB1 alone. just my opinion.

as far as MS buying titanfall, i really really doubt it. do you remember the reason the respawn guys signed with EA in the first place? its to own the IP, they want to control it and have creative freedom. selling TF to MS just doesnt make sense to me, specially after all the issues and problems that happened betweem EA, acti and the respawn devs. 

ICStats said:
So the flagship Xbox One title doesn't use Kinect, and doesn't use X1's unique trigger rumble.

triggers work well in forza, not sure why wouldnt they use it for a fps.

BeElite said:
ICStats said:

triggers work well in forza, not sure why wouldnt they use it for a fps.

It's one of the things I liked about the X1.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:
Cause they want to play it with the best console experience. Just say, "Xbox, Goto TitanFall!"

And Motion Triggers!
Haptic feedback in the triggers! Just adds to the experience and feel of the game. It's like you can 'feel the weight' of the Titans. And in contrast, how light and limber you are as a pilot.

Make your own gaming community and blast away with your friends. Work together as you squash your enemies. Cheer each other on as you advance in skill and levels.

sorry to disapoint

http://www.cheats.co/blog/titanfall-weapons-xp-distribution-rumble-xbox-one-triggers/

I doubt Zampella would like to lose another one of his games. Its exactly the reason why EA doesn't own the product, but rather Respawn does. MS will have to fend for themselves this gen. They cant keep paying to keep games away from Sony.

What games did they pay to keep away from Sony?

Callum_Alexander said:
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
I wouldn't get it just for X1. Perhaps those gamers who only play COD would get the game for the X1. In terms of FPS games, the X1 looks superior with Halo and Titanfall.

Add Gears to that and you have a deadly combo in the next three years for competitive shooters. 

Exactly. And Sony still struggles to create a good FPS. So MS has the potential to attract the FPS crowd which is a huge amount of gamers. Its still very early in the generation as well so a price drop + exclusives could still make the X1 very succesful.  

You discredit the fact that the next iteration of Titanfall is likely to be available on PlayStation 4, and not only that, but it will likely be a far more definitive iteration than the initial release as it is unlikely to be cross-generation. This could have a knock-on effect of people presuming that the fancy new visuals are because it is available on PlayStation 4, rather than the fact that it is no longer a cross-generation title.

As to Sony creating decent first-person-shooters, they don't, their studios do. And as for Microsoft creating decent first-person-shooters, they don't, they try to buy the studios that create the decent shooter, and if that fails they try to purchase some sort of exclusivity.

There's no conformation of that, so unless its officially announced, Titanfall stays an Xbox exclusive. 

Yes,  well obviously the studios make games. The studios are owned by Sony, they aren't seperate companies, so its still Sony's fault for not making a good FPS. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:

And Motion Triggers!

sorry to disapoint

Are you serious? The first three years of the 360's lifespan was third party exclusivity. The third party exclusives are slimming down and EA took a risk on Microsoft thinking that they would dominate Sony. Didn't happen. Zampella was open to the possibility of putting the game on the PS4 until he got notice from EA that Microsoft paid to keep the game as an exclusive. A major portion of the success of Microsofts launch is all due to EA, hype from a former Sony dev at E3 and an outside company named Double Helix making Rares title. Dead Rising 4 will be on the PS4 and Xbox One as well just like two was last gen. Microsoft funds the first game as it seems.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:

And Motion Triggers!

sorry to disapoint

Are you serious? The first three years of the 360's lifespan was third party exclusivity. The third party exclusives are slimming down and EA took a risk on Microsoft thinking that they would dominate Sony. Didn't happen. Zampella was open to the possibility of putting the game on the PS4 until he got notice from EA that Microsoft paid to keep the game as an exclusive. A major portion of the success of Microsofts launch is all due to EA, hype from a former Sony dev at E3 and an outside company named Double Helix making Rares title. Dead Rising 4 will be on the PS4 and Xbox One as well just like two was last gen. Microsoft funds the first game as it seems.

Link?

bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:

not sure about the rumble triggers, but i havent read they have been added, ask someone who played the beta maybe? im sure somebody in the XB nation thread knows. 

TitanFall on PS4 will most likely happen, but either in 2016 or 2017, we are most likely going to get another FPS from EA this year, people tend to getget that. doubt EA will let TitanFall one go from a 90~ million console install base to just a 30/40 million one on the XB1 alone. just my opinion.

as far as MS buying titanfall, i really really doubt it. do you remember the reason the respawn guys signed with EA in the first place? its to own the IP, they want to control it and have creative freedom. selling TF to MS just doesnt make sense to me, specially after all the issues and problems that happened betweem EA, acti and the respawn devs. 

True, but I have a feeling Microsoft can be really persuasive.  If you asked me if Microsoft would ever let Bungee go free or effectively buy Nokia I would think you were nuts, but both have happened.

That is really optimistic on the numbers.  As I have said before, I don't think Sony can sustain their sales in the long run.  I just haven't seen what they have to stay relevant.  We will see more I'm sure at E3, but once more Kinect stuff comes online for the Xbox One to grab the casuals, plus with Steam coming out to grab the hard core, seems like they will just get lost.

Who know, perhaps they can pull out an amazing 3D goggles thing, but with what they are investing, seems like they have already shown most of their cards.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!