By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

can we at least try stay on topic?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Mad55 said:
bananaking21 said:
Mad55 said:
Game looks great and i don't play pc games. Also the 360 version hasn't been shown and is being done by a different dev as well as launching later.

its launching just 2 weeks later, xb1 version certainly isnt a looker, neither has the frame rate proven to be stable (in the beta). the game its self looks like a avarage PS360 game at max settings on PC (rendered at 1080 though). is it worth speding 500$ just because you cant wait two weeks to see what the 360 version is like, which is most likely a good port too? 

Na I don't want to wait 2 weeks. Im not spending 500 just for titanfall though. Theres forza 5, dead rising, killer instinct and a few multiplats that i have held off on getting because I want to play them on xbox one instead of my 360 or ps3. Titanfall was just the last good reason to get one.  

so you arent really buying the XB1 for titanfall, you are buying it because forza, dead rising, killer instinct and to play superior multiplats compared to last gen. which is kind of the point i am getting to. Titanfall is a game that you want and will be a playing a good version of it on the XB1, but it isnt really the reason (or only reason) you are getting an XB1, actually its just one of the MANY reason. 

Question, would you be getting or have bought an XB1 if titanfall didnt exist? 

Who buys a console for one game and doesn't consider what else is on the system? I do want to play titanfall more than all the games I have mentioned though. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
I wouldn't get it just for X1. Perhaps those gamers who only play COD would get the game for the X1. In terms of FPS games, the X1 looks superior with Halo and Titanfall.

Add Gears to that and you have a deadly combo in the next three years for competitive shooters. 

Exactly. And Sony still struggles to create a good FPS. So MS has the potential to attract the FPS crowd which is a huge amount of gamers. Its still very early in the generation as well so a price drop + exclusives could still make the X1 very succesful.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Blood_Tears said:
Vasto said:
Nate4Drake said:
Vasto said:
Nate4Drake said:
AZWification said:

Because it's the game that will end Sony's dominance...... Maybe.

Too bad for MS that Sony dominance will continue with Infamous SS and MGS : GZ.    XOne will go down and PS4 up again(compared to their respective average). My opinion.

Titanfall is already destroying Infamous and MGS is on Xbox One.

mmm, MGS : GZ will push PS4 sooo much more compared to XOne, I don't think I have to explain to you why. And Titan is not destroying Infamous.

Infamous: Second Son has over 600,000 pre-orders worldwide

http://insiderp.com/infamous-preorders.html

I only deal in facts and not opinions. MGS is on Xbox One so they have the option to play the game if they want to on their console. Its not going to push either console because its just not that type of game. We are on a sales site so I dont need links to blogs. What game is everybody talking about?

You can’t be serious?   So because a game is multiplat it won’t push systems on either?  TF is multiplat with PC and X360 and it’s still going to push X1 consoles. CoD pushes consoles for both, more so on MS the last few years and that’s multi. Also, MGS:GZ will push consoles as well in Japan. Both GZ and PP will push consoles for PS4 there. FFXV and KH3 will also push consoles for PS4 and they’re both multiplat as well. You don’t get to decide what game is a system seller or not because as you said “you deal in facts, not opinions”

Nope, MGS will not push consoles.  Its not in the same league as a game like Titanfall.

bananaking21 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Plenty of people gave their reason.
You are just ignoring them because it does not make sense to you (as you are not hyped/interrested by the Xbox One at all). Which is fine, but stop pretending people did not gave you any reason (or that you are even interrested into their reasons)

Your anwser regarding the best version is a very good exemple of how closed you are. Those people are telling you that it is the best version for them (which is the reason you are "looking" for) and just because you have you own oppinion on what should be the best version (I guess resolution/mouse+keyboard is the best choice for you) you do not even consider the fact that for many people, Xbox Live, Xbox One controller maybe be a way better experience...

PS: I pre-ordered 2 Xbox One (already have one) for my son and my wife (Titanfall bundle) and I have like 5 PC at home, all capable of running Titanfall at high resolution... But I will never play this game on PC; again you will not understand it (even if it is the proper anwser to your question) but the experience of playing MP games on Xbox Live is greater for me than PC (by far) and then I prefer to play any FPS with a Xbox 360/One controller than mouse/keyboard; and as you certainly noticed I do not care about the resolution as long as the game looks great on my TV.

are you not understanding my posts or are you just so stuck me saying i am not intersted in an xbox one right now? because really you arent making any fucking sense.

i didnt ignore peoples opinions, i asked for it, most gave said to play the best console version, i added that to the op and asked if others felt the same. how is that me "ignoring what they say"?.  my personal opinion doesnt matter at all, i am asking others for theirs. so please i ask you, to either grow up and stop being so sensative about what console i like or not or just leave the thread. 

This is very rude but very usual coming from you, do not ask others to grow up when you are making that kind of comment.
I'm not going to emphasis on this and just re-explain what you missed from my post.

Yes you ignored people's oppinion and you have been rude with anyone who gave their oppinions about your ridiculous question. By the way I gave my reasons too and you did not seem to really care (like you did with the majority of Xbox fans who gave their oppinion).

Editing the OP, copy/pasting the only reason fiting your agenda and adding rude comments is not really openning the discussion. People are telling you from their point of view it is the best version (you know, best is not only graphic wise there are other factors...) and you are just making fun of them by saying it is non-sense because the PC version "is superior". NO, PC is not supperior for those people and it is EXACTLY WHY they are buying an Xbox One for Titanfall. 

Now if you did not really understood in the past few months (and even years) why they are people who think the Xbox One (Xbox plateform in general) is a better experience for them; why on earth would you understand any justification we are giving you today?  

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
I wouldn't get it just for X1. Perhaps those gamers who only play COD would get the game for the X1. In terms of FPS games, the X1 looks superior with Halo and Titanfall.

Add Gears to that and you have a deadly combo in the next three years for competitive shooters. 

Exactly. And Sony still struggles to create a good FPS. So MS has the potential to attract the FPS crowd which is a huge amount of gamers. Its still very early in the generation as well so a price drop + exclusives could still make the X1 very succesful.  

Sony will be the king of TPS this gen for sure. The Order, Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4 will definitely all excel in third party shooting. The Order much like Uncharted started without multiplayer to make sure the standard mechanics were great, but once the multiplayer gets integrated into the gameplay, it will be fine. Sony didn't rule gaming when shooters were all the rage, it was mostly platforming and action games back then and when Halo came out it rock their world. They are learning though. Microsoft has only one genre on them for sure though and it is FPS and hopefully they can hold onto the gem that is the new Killer Instinct intact since the dev was bought out by Amazon. Thats what happens when you keep relying on third party.

bananaking21 said:
can we at least try stay on topic?

Plenty of people gave their reasons but you either made fun of them or you have been rude in your anwsers.
The only good replies we got from you are to the people who do not believe we should buy an Xbox One for Titanfall so what is the point of staying on topic?

Its not, i got an X1 for the sake of having it and getting some gens on it eventually.

TF i had the beta and got bored after a few hours, most of the its so great its the next cod is MS hype and fanboy wishes and not much to do with honesty. Its online only and extra 25 for some more content, given the lack of it for 60 paying extra for more seems like a joke to me. 85 for some 6 vs 6, no thanks Ill buy Tf2 when its a full game.

Halo will be a reason to buy a X1, maybe gears but that about it. Well GTA to but reality has tough us to expect it to run better on PS4.

Imaginedvl said:

This is very rude but very usual coming from you, do not ask others to grow up when you are making that kind of comment.
I'm not going to emphasis on this and just re-explain what you missed from my post.

Yes you ignored people's oppinion and you have been rude with anyone who gave their oppinions about your ridiculous question. By the way I gave my reasons too and you did not seem to really care (like you did with the majority of Xbox fans who gave their oppinion).

Editing the OP, copy/pasting the only reason fiting your agenda and adding rude comments is not really openning the discussion. People are telling you from their point of view it is the best version (you know, best is not only graphic wise there are other factors...) and you are just making fun of them by saying it is non-sense because the PC version "is superior". NO, PC is not supperior for those people and it is EXACTLY WHY they are buying an Xbox One for Titanfall. 

Now if you did not really understood in the past few months (and even years) why they are people who think the Xbox One (Xbox plateform in general) is a better experience for them; why on earth would you understand any justification we are giving you today?  

if you want to post lies, please make sure it isnt obvious to everybody that your lie is nothing but bullshit.

where have i mocked anybody for their opinion? as a matter of fact, where are all these people who posted all these opinions you claim of?

stage went on about microsoft.

others said you get an xbox one for many games not just TF, so basically they dont qualify to answer the question since its not directed towards them, this thread is asking a simple question, why get an Xbox one FOR titanfall, not why get an Xbox One?. 

tell me, do i need to reply to every fucking post in my thread? does that mean i am ignoring them? no, i read other peoples opinions, like the guy who wants to play with a Dual shock and wants trophies (he was talking about AC4 as an example).  i dont have to post his opinion in the OP, its my fucking thread after all. 

vasto is trying to start a flaim war and nate4drake is going exactly that by posting shit about infamous pre-orders. 

DirtyP is arguing with Stage.

others went about people thinking the game was exclusive, again why should i reply to them?

so tell me, where the fuck are all these opinions? come on, show me. all these different opinions that i mocked, please show me. im fucking waiting. 

or how about this, @bolded is the reason why you are quoting me, you dont like me, boo fucking hoo, and thats what all this is about. you know what?  you can quot me and talk nonesense all you want, claim false accusations as much as you like, but it wont change the fact that that is the reason you are quoting me and its pretty obvious as well. keep doing that though and derailing this thread, im pretty sure if you do so you will get banned for it. 

OT: Probably to play with friends. I hate playing FPS with randoms since most of them screw around. Playing with a couple buddies is much better and if my friends were getting it for X1, then if I really wanted to play it I would probably get it for that reason.