By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

Buying a console for $500 and *one* game is of course, stupid. That said, you don't get a bad console with no games available for now and the future is also looking good. So perhaps it will move units for people who wanted an Xbone right from the start and who needed a good reason to buy it now.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Having more doesnt mean the games are going to be better. Dont get me wrong here, XB1 and PS have alot of crappy third party games however look what sells, Halo is bigger then anything Sony owns in there PS department and Gears has been proven to outsell Sonys best Exclusives aswell. Sony have good exclusives too. MS doesnt have as many exclusives as Sonys but you can bet your house MS exclusives sell alot more with better average ratings. Sonys best and latest FPS game has a 73 meta. MS has clearly got the better FPS exclusives and the best 3rd person shooter in Gears, Sony has the best Movie like and Hack and slash games. But you cant down play MS games. there as good as any games on any systems. in there respected genres.

Compare Genres with Metacritic. Nintendo has the better platformers and Adventures, MS has the best 1st and 3rd person shooters and Sony has the best action games. In my opinion.

MS's 1st party are consistently beaten by Sony's critically. Their two highest rated games (Halo 3 and Gears 2) both got 94's on metacritic, and neither is actually made by MS. They do own the IP (only recently for Gears), but both games were made by a second party (Bundgie and Epic). The highest rated game actually made by an MS owned studio is Forza 3 with a meta of 92. For comparison, the highest rated 1st party game from Sony is Uncharted 2 which sits at 96. Halo 4's score actually dropped a decent amount from the 1st three when MS took over, though hopefully we see Halo 5 climb back up.

I did a thread on it a while ago. The PS3 had both more exclusives and a higher average meta rating for it's top 50 than the 360 and Wii. Quite impressive actually considering how awful it's start was :P

It's also bit unfair to use Killzone:SF as an example though. Both Killzone and Forza received considerably lower scores than they normally do, which can be credited to the fact they are launch games (and as such somewhat rushed). (Forza 3/4 got 92/91 and Killzone 2/3 got 91/84).

I can think one big reason someone would pick Titanfall for X1 over all other platforms, and yes that is including PC.

The X1 version will run on MS fancy dedicated servers, while the PC version is on EA's own Origin servers. We all know how reliable EA's servers can be Cough*sim city, BF4, and any EA sports game* Cough. From what I heard the 360 version runs on MS's servers as well, but X1 version will be superior graphicely, and it comes out earlier.

Edit: Already established that I'm wrong about the servers. 

smroadkill15 said:
I can think one big reason someone would pick Titanfall for X1 over all other platforms, and yes that is including PC.

The X1 version will run on MS fancy dedicated servers, while the PC version is on EA's own Origin servers. We all know how reliable EA's servers can be Cough*sim city, BF4, and any EA sports game* Cough. From what I heard the 360 version runs on MS's servers as well, but X1 version will be superior graphicely, and it comes out earlier.

All 3 versions use MS's servers.

This is something that will be interesting in future releases though if the game hits Playstation consoles.

J_Allard said:
smroadkill15 said:

All 3 versions use MS's servers.

This is something that will be interesting in future releases though if the game hits Playstation consoles.Your

You're right. I heard origin version ran EA servers from youtuber boogie2988. That will the last time I use him as a source without verifying lol. It will be interesting to see how Playstation versions are handled later on.