By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

Vasto said:
Conina said:
Landguy said:

Please read before replying.  I clearly said that the best CONSOLE version.  So, I should buy a $1,000 plus PC to play it?  Or should I go spend $200+ buying a 360 to play it?

THe question assumes that you don't own any console or PC.

How many people interested in a game like Titanfall don't already own any console or PC? That's a very narrow target group.

How many people do you think own a gaming pc? Most people own cheap laptops that are not made for gaming.

You must have missed the "any console or"-part. But it's excusable within that big wall of text. ;)

Around the Network
Conina said:
Vasto said:

Xbox 360 was a better system last generation and nobody can tell me anything different. I own both systems and actually wish I never even bought that PS3.

So why didn't you sell your PS3 if you are so unhappy with it?

Becasue I bought it for my Son and Daughter so it belongs to them. They had a Xbox 360 but broke it so I decided to try PS3 since Gamestop had the Uncharted / Infamous Bundle on sale during a Black Friday sale. Even downloading a simple demo is a pain compared to doing it Xbox 360.

Conina said:
Vasto said:
Conina said:
Landguy said:

Please read before replying.  I clearly said that the best CONSOLE version.  So, I should buy a $1,000 plus PC to play it?  Or should I go spend $200+ buying a 360 to play it?

How many people interested in a game like Titanfall don't already own any console or PC? That's a very narrow target group.

How many people do you think own a gaming pc? Most people own cheap laptops that are not made for gaming.

You must have missed the "any console or"-part. But it's excusable within that big wall of text. ;)

No, I saw that but I keep hearing people say just get it on PC like everybody owns a gaming PC. You have to buy or build a pc for gaming and most people dont have a pc like that. They have pc made for internet browsing, social networking and youtube.

Vasto said:
Conina said:
Landguy said:

I agree, That's kind of my point.  This thread seams to assume that I own a 360 or a gaming rig.  The only people who seem to answer that way seem like Sony Fans.  Most people have not been upgrading  or replacing their PCs(see the windows sales figures and the financials for PC companies), they have replaced them with tablets and smartphones. 

It is near the end of the end....

@S.T.A.G.E.

Dude are you really serious? Sony has the best exclusives? Look at the reviews and Sales, Sonys exclusives normaly come in 3rd best on the market when it comes to Sales and reviews. Nintendo has by far the best exclusives followed by MS with games like Halo and Gears plus all the Rare titles they own. Sony doesnt even have a iconic character to repreresnt PS.. Sack Boy? come on. Infamous, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter and Killzone are all reviewed as average to good games. Look at Playstation All Stars, how many people went out of there way to play there faverite Sony characters? not many. Dont get me wrong Sony have some great IPs that come out every so often like TLOU which is classed as there best game they ever created yet it only sold 4 million copies... Tomb Raider was critised by Square Enix when it only sold 3.4 million. I had a PS1 and i loved it however my faverite games were all 3rd party like FF7 and MGS. It does all come down to peoples opinions however MS has better exclusives, they just dont have many.

Around the Network
Landguy said:
Vasto said:
Conina said:
Landguy said:

I agree, That's kind of my point.  This thread seams to assume that I own a 360 or a gaming rig.  The only people who seem to answer that way seem like Sony Fans.  Most people have not been upgrading  or replacing their PCs(see the windows sales figures and the financials for PC companies), they have replaced them with tablets and smartphones. 

Yes, you are right. Most people probaly have a Xbox 360 or a PS3 and dont have a gaming PC. Now for that person that wants to play Titanfall what does he do? Does he buy or build a gaming PC? Does he wait and just buy the Xbox 360 version when it comes out or does he go and buy an Xbox One? Thats the way I see it.

Azzanation said:

@S.T.A.G.E.

Dude are you really serious? Sony has the best exclusives? Look at the reviews and Sales, Sonys exclusives normaly come in 3rd best on the market when it comes to Sales and reviews. Nintendo has by far the best exclusives followed by MS with games like Halo and Gears plus all the Rare titles they own. Sony doesnt even have a iconic character to repreresnt PS.. Sack Boy? come on. Infamous, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter and Killzone are all reviewed as average to good games. Look at Playstation All Stars, how many people went out of there way to play there faverite Sony characters? not many. Dont get me wrong Sony have some great IPs that come out every so often like TLOU which is classed as there best game they ever created yet it only sold 4 million copies... Tomb Raider was critised by Square Enix when it only sold 3.4 million. I had a PS1 and i loved it however my faverite games were all 3rd party like FF7 and MGS. It does all come down to peoples opinions however MS has better exclusives, they just dont have many.

And thats why the sales are concentrated, while on PS sales are dispersed among more AAA games because theres more choice for people than 2 IP's which are overhyped.

In the last 3 years, MS have done next to nothing for the core gamer and in that same time they have even lost exclusives they had from the years before.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Azzanation said:

@S.T.A.G.E.

And thats why the sales are concentrated, while on PS sales are dispersed among more AAA games because theres more choice for people than 2 IP's which are overhyped.

In the last 3 years, MS have done next to nothing for the core gamer and in that same time they have even lost exclusives they had from the years before.

I would rather have the Xbox 360 exclusives. They are better then the ones on Playstation and most are JRPGs that nobody cares about. More does not = better.

Vasto said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Azzanation said:

@S.T.A.G.E.

I would rather have the Xbox 360 exclusives. They are better then the ones on Playstation and most are JRPGs that nobody cares about. More does not = better.

firstly, they are not jrpg's just because a lot of the games were made in japan.

Secondly, since you care about metacritic so much....

http://www.ign.com/blogs/bravo.4/2013/03/20/ps3-vs-360-exclusives-metascores-fullretail-games-updated-3202013

Vasto said:
Landguy said:

Yes, you are right. Most people probaly have a Xbox 360 or a PS3 and dont have a gaming PC. Now for that person that wants to play Titanfall what does he do? Does he buy or build a gaming PC? Does he wait and just buy the Xbox 360 version when it comes out or does he go and buy an Xbox One? Thats the way I see it.

Nailed it. And on top of that, we are also talking about preferences. It is not everybody who likes to install and play games on a PC, a console is less painfull in many ways. It seems to be very hard for some to understand that just because for them the PC is number one choice.