By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

MoHasanie said:
Callum_Alexander said:
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:
I wouldn't get it just for X1. Perhaps those gamers who only play COD would get the game for the X1. In terms of FPS games, the X1 looks superior with Halo and Titanfall.

Add Gears to that and you have a deadly combo in the next three years for competitive shooters. 

Exactly. And Sony still struggles to create a good FPS. So MS has the potential to attract the FPS crowd which is a huge amount of gamers. Its still very early in the generation as well so a price drop + exclusives could still make the X1 very succesful.  

You discredit the fact that the next iteration of Titanfall is likely to be available on PlayStation 4, and not only that, but it will likely be a far more definitive iteration than the initial release as it is unlikely to be cross-generation. This could have a knock-on effect of people presuming that the fancy new visuals are because it is available on PlayStation 4, rather than the fact that it is no longer a cross-generation title.

As to Sony creating decent first-person-shooters, they don't, their studios do. And as for Microsoft creating decent first-person-shooters, they don't, they try to buy the studios that create the decent shooter, and if that fails they try to purchase some sort of exclusivity.

There's no conformation of that, so unless its officially announced, Titanfall stays an Xbox exclusive. 

Yes,  well obviously the studios make games. The studios are owned by Sony, they aren't seperate companies, so its still Sony's fault for not making a good FPS. 

Zampella has as good as confirmed it already by saying that the studio will be making games for the PlayStation 4, just not the first Titanfall. That in itself is a massive hint, especially when you consider how tightly Microsoft will have the whole team under contract. They shouldn't even really be mentioning the PlayStation 4 at all.

Regarding Sony, they give their first-party studios creative freedom, allowing them to create the games they want. Killzone is a very good first-person shooter, it just requires a lot of skill in the multi-player segment which is off-putting for the average shooter fan.

Around the Network

I think out of all the places you can play titanfall xbox one is the best place.

The graphics of the pc version or at least close to it along with the security of xbox live over the pc online services were the game will be hack zones soon enough. So far on xbox one, nothing has been hacked online.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Why get a console for a single game? How do you expect a good answer when the question itself is terrible?

Vasto said:
Blood_Tears said:
Vasto said:
Nate4Drake said:
Vasto said:
Nate4Drake said:
AZWification said:

Because it's the game that will end Sony's dominance...... Maybe.

Too bad for MS that Sony dominance will continue with Infamous SS and MGS : GZ.    XOne will go down and PS4 up again(compared to their respective average). My opinion.

Titanfall is already destroying Infamous and MGS is on Xbox One.

mmm, MGS : GZ will push PS4 sooo much more compared to XOne, I don't think I have to explain to you why. And Titan is not destroying Infamous.

Infamous: Second Son has over 600,000 pre-orders worldwide

http://insiderp.com/infamous-preorders.html

I only deal in facts and not opinions. MGS is on Xbox One so they have the option to play the game if they want to on their console. Its not going to push either console because its just not that type of game. We are on a sales site so I dont need links to blogs. What game is everybody talking about?

You can’t be serious?   So because a game is multiplat it won’t push systems on either?  TF is multiplat with PC and X360 and it’s still going to push X1 consoles. CoD pushes consoles for both, more so on MS the last few years and that’s multi. Also, MGS:GZ will push consoles as well in Japan. Both GZ and PP will push consoles for PS4 there. FFXV and KH3 will also push consoles for PS4 and they’re both multiplat as well. You don’t get to decide what game is a system seller or not because as you said “you deal in facts, not opinions”

Nope, MGS will not push consoles.  Its not in the same league as a game like Titanfall.

LOL   Okay now I know what type of gamer you are and there's no point in having a discussion with someone so close minded. Rather then calling you what you are and getting banned, I'll just leave it at that...

Blood_Tears said:
Vasto said:
Blood_Tears said:
Vasto said:
Nate4Drake said:
Vasto said:
Nate4Drake said:
AZWification said:

Because it's the game that will end Sony's dominance...... Maybe.

Too bad for MS that Sony dominance will continue with Infamous SS and MGS : GZ.    XOne will go down and PS4 up again(compared to their respective average). My opinion.

Titanfall is already destroying Infamous and MGS is on Xbox One.

mmm, MGS : GZ will push PS4 sooo much more compared to XOne, I don't think I have to explain to you why. And Titan is not destroying Infamous.

Infamous: Second Son has over 600,000 pre-orders worldwide

http://insiderp.com/infamous-preorders.html

I only deal in facts and not opinions. MGS is on Xbox One so they have the option to play the game if they want to on their console. Its not going to push either console because its just not that type of game. We are on a sales site so I dont need links to blogs. What game is everybody talking about?

You can’t be serious?   So because a game is multiplat it won’t push systems on either?  TF is multiplat with PC and X360 and it’s still going to push X1 consoles. CoD pushes consoles for both, more so on MS the last few years and that’s multi. Also, MGS:GZ will push consoles as well in Japan. Both GZ and PP will push consoles for PS4 there. FFXV and KH3 will also push consoles for PS4 and they’re both multiplat as well. You don’t get to decide what game is a system seller or not because as you said “you deal in facts, not opinions”

Nope, MGS will not push consoles.  Its not in the same league as a game like Titanfall.

LOL   Okay now I know what type of gamer you are and there's no point in having a discussion with someone so close minded. Rather then calling you what you are and getting banned, I'll just leave it at that...

Titanfall is a game changer. There has not been a game with this much hype in a very long time. I am a real gamer and I will always tell it like it is.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NightDragon83 said:
Sareth said:
I know some people that thought it was exclusive to the XB1.

That's fine, I know some people who want a PS4 for future "exclusives" like Kindgom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV.

Theres no room for exclusives this gen. Devs are falling even after decent selling titles. Theres just no room for it Sony, Microsoft or otherwise unless they comissioned the title. Microsoft better start working on their first party game. Its truly sad that they dropped the major new IP they were doing with Black Tusk just to go back to status quo with Gears but its MS. Its more of a surprise when they do something creative. Multiplats are going to be a very, very big deal this gen, but true exclusives from second and first party will tell the story about each brands investment in bringing something fresh and different to their consumers. I personally cannot wait. Kingdom Hearts and FFXV's exclusivity being taken away was a given. MS definitely spoke to Square and I cannot blame them. Microsoft doesn't like people keeping hot third party exclusives from the, but they can do it to anyone though.

It's funny that you complain that M$ is releasing a status quo title like Gears and then mention games that are version 2-15.  I guess it is only Sony titles that can keep pumping out sequels and they are not status quo...

It is near the end of the end....

If you are interested in Titanfall - then it appears xbox one is the place to go for the best experience - by that i mean - it is likely most players will be on the one as oppose to PC and 360

Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:
Cause they want to play it with the best console experience. Just say, "Xbox, Goto TitanFall!"

And Motion Triggers!
Haptic feedback in the triggers! Just adds to the experience and feel of the game. It's like you can 'feel the weight' of the Titans. And in contrast, how light and limber you are as a pilot.

Make your own gaming community and blast away with your friends. Work together as you squash your enemies. Cheer each other on as you advance in skill and levels.

Plus it's a nice system. Plenty other fun game, and many more to come.

PS Plus there is that rumor about Ice Cream, but I think it's just a legend.

sorry to disapoint

http://www.cheats.co/blog/titanfall-weapons-xp-distribution-rumble-xbox-one-triggers/

i remembered reading this, not sure if it will change or not. 

I do remember reading that, but then I also thought people said it worked in Beta, no?

Either way, it feels really good in your hand.  If they add the rumble triggers later then, bonus, bonus.

Also, to the people talking about TitanFall II on the PS4.  We don't know if that will happen, but we do know it will not be before 2017 if it does.  That is still a 'if it will come to the PS4.'  EA has already said it's on a 3 year development cycle.

And who know, I have a feeling Microsoft might buy it from them.

I doubt Zampella would like to lose another one of his games. Its exactly the reason why EA doesn't own the product, but rather Respawn does. MS will have to fend for themselves this gen. They cant keep paying to keep games away from Sony.

What games did they pay to keep away from Sony?

Are you serious? The first three years of the 360's lifespan was third party exclusivity. The third party exclusives are slimming down and EA took a risk on Microsoft thinking that they would dominate Sony. Didn't happen. Zampella was open to the possibility of putting the game on the PS4 until he got notice from EA that Microsoft paid to keep the game as an exclusive. A major portion of the success of Microsofts launch is all due to EA, hype from a former Sony dev at E3 and an outside company named Double Helix making Rares title. Dead Rising 4 will be on the PS4 and Xbox One as well just like two was last gen. Microsoft funds the first game as it seems.

Link?

Wait...so you're telling me that you didn't know how Microsoft got the early adopters from the PS2 to make the switch? 

Landguy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NightDragon83 said:
Sareth said:
I know some people that thought it was exclusive to the XB1.

That's fine, I know some people who want a PS4 for future "exclusives" like Kindgom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV.

Theres no room for exclusives this gen. Devs are falling even after decent selling titles. Theres just no room for it Sony, Microsoft or otherwise unless they comissioned the title. Microsoft better start working on their first party game. Its truly sad that they dropped the major new IP they were doing with Black Tusk just to go back to status quo with Gears but its MS. Its more of a surprise when they do something creative. Multiplats are going to be a very, very big deal this gen, but true exclusives from second and first party will tell the story about each brands investment in bringing something fresh and different to their consumers. I personally cannot wait. Kingdom Hearts and FFXV's exclusivity being taken away was a given. MS definitely spoke to Square and I cannot blame them. Microsoft doesn't like people keeping hot third party exclusives from the, but they can do it to anyone though.

It's funny that you complain that M$ is releasing a status quo title like Gears and then mention games that are version 2-15.  I guess it is only Sony titles that can keep pumping out sequels and they are not status quo...

Sonys teams make those games and allows their teams to make new IP's by expanding them. Epic was better off selling the game to Microsoft because they were trying to make other games and Microsoft was dependent on profitable third party titles. Thats the same reason Bungie left Microsoft. They couldn't stand how Microsoft wont let them be creative and focus on making something new. When you work for Microsoft and make a profitable title you will make that same game until you die essentially.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Vasto said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zappykins said:
bananaking21 said:
Zappykins said:
Cause they want to play it with the best console experience. Just say, "Xbox, Goto TitanFall!"

And Motion Triggers!
Haptic feedback in the triggers! Just adds to the experience and feel of the game. It's like you can 'feel the weight' of the Titans. And in contrast, how light and limber you are as a pilot.

Make your own gaming community and blast away with your friends. Work together as you squash your enemies. Cheer each other on as you advance in skill and levels.

Plus it's a nice system. Plenty other fun game, and many more to come.

PS Plus there is that rumor about Ice Cream, but I think it's just a legend.

sorry to disapoint

http://www.cheats.co/blog/titanfall-weapons-xp-distribution-rumble-xbox-one-triggers/

i remembered reading this, not sure if it will change or not. 

I do remember reading that, but then I also thought people said it worked in Beta, no?

Either way, it feels really good in your hand.  If they add the rumble triggers later then, bonus, bonus.

Also, to the people talking about TitanFall II on the PS4.  We don't know if that will happen, but we do know it will not be before 2017 if it does.  That is still a 'if it will come to the PS4.'  EA has already said it's on a 3 year development cycle.

And who know, I have a feeling Microsoft might buy it from them.

I doubt Zampella would like to lose another one of his games. Its exactly the reason why EA doesn't own the product, but rather Respawn does. MS will have to fend for themselves this gen. They cant keep paying to keep games away from Sony.

What games did they pay to keep away from Sony?

Are you serious? The first three years of the 360's lifespan was third party exclusivity. The third party exclusives are slimming down and EA took a risk on Microsoft thinking that they would dominate Sony. Didn't happen. Zampella was open to the possibility of putting the game on the PS4 until he got notice from EA that Microsoft paid to keep the game as an exclusive. A major portion of the success of Microsofts launch is all due to EA, hype from a former Sony dev at E3 and an outside company named Double Helix making Rares title. Dead Rising 4 will be on the PS4 and Xbox One as well just like two was last gen. Microsoft funds the first game as it seems.

Link?

Wait...so you're telling me that you didn't know how Microsoft got the early adopters from the PS2 to make the switch? 

Xbox 360 was a better system and thats why people made the switch.  Xbox 360 will go down as one of the best consoles of all time.