By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki (Feb 10-16)

pezus said:
Kresnik said:
I was just thinking... is the Knack download code included with every launch PS4 in Japan?

Because if it is, we could see a really weird situation where it doesn't chart in Media Create; but gets something like 250k or so on Famitsu. And VGC will likely take the average of the two and decided it had 125k FW sales.

ioi shouldn't track it since it's download imo. It's only fair.

You're buying product at retail. That's not a digital purchase. It's a physical purchase that redeems for digital software.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Just wow. Lower than I think anyone was expecting for DK and virtually zero boost. 

Funny how zero said I was (massively) underestimating WiiU WW sales 3 weeks from now when I said it'd do about 35k. I'm beginning to think I was too generous tbh

the hilarious is that you're comparing the results of one week in one territory vs several weeks from now, when dk will be out in it's biggest territories.

Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

onwards up to a certain point. it depends on what kind of legs dk shows.

That may be your funniest prediction yet. You expect Donkey Kong to improve hardware sales every week? Even though it did absolutely nothing during it's launch week? Ok. 

like 3d world, right? if most of those 43k were people who already had the console, if it keeps seling decently, those sales will come from new buyers.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

onwards up to a certain point. it depends on what kind of legs dk shows.

That may be your funniest prediction yet. You expect Donkey Kong to improve hardware sales every week? Even though it did absolutely nothing during it's launch week? Ok. 

like 3d world, right? if most of those 43k were people who already had the console, if it keeps seling decently, those sales will come from new buyers.

Don't backpedal Zero. You said Donkey Kong would offer week on week increases in Japan alone. If it did nothing for hardware during it's launch week, then it's not going to do anything next week. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Dat Tropical Freeze...

Excuse me, I'm going to cry in my sorrows and recite some 3DS sales figures.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
trestres said:
As expected, catastrophic situation for the Wii U. Nothing else coming until the last day of May.

More than 3 months of Drought.

We may see sub 3k numbers. The Wii U is officially dead.

bolded: you wish. literally, you seem to wish that in your posts.

Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

Don't backpedal Zero. You said Donkey Kong would offer week on week increases in Japan alone. If it did nothing for hardware during it's launch week, then it's not going to do anything next week. 

like 3d world, right?

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

like 3d world, right?

3D world launched with over 100k, triple that of Donkey Kong. And the WiiU increased the next few weeks because it was the holidays. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The Wii U is almost dead. "Almost",just not completely dead yet.

I am really starting to think Nintendo's biggest problem is the price. The Wii launched at $250 with a great game in Wii Sports and then was lowered to $199 in 2009 when sales started to slow down. The Wii U is still $299 with a game (NSMBU) that everyone has played atleast 2 of on Wii and DS. Just today someone was selling Mario Wii U bundles on Ebay for $270 and sold 1100 within 2 hours. The price is close to what people are willing to pay, but as of right now it's just not that cheap. Same goes for the 3DS. The XL model (which is the only one anyone really wants) is $199. The original DS really didn't sell very well but when the DS Lite came out for only $129 it sold like crazy. The 3DS XL needs to drop to $149, regular to $129 and the 2DS for $99. The $149 3DS XL's during the holidays sold like crack, but at $199 the sales will stay pretty mild.