By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki (Feb 10-16)

Locknuts said:
Am I sick and twisted as a Nintendo fan for enjoying this game flopping?

Yes, you absolutely are.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Locknuts said:
Am I sick and twisted as a Nintendo fan for enjoying this game flopping?

As if Metroid wouldn't have performed even worse, lol. 

Haha I know. But at least my selfish ass would be happy.

Dengeki added to third post. They mostly seem to agree with Media Create this week.

Zero999 said:
trestres said:
As expected, catastrophic situation for the Wii U. Nothing else coming until the last day of May.

More than 3 months of Drought.

We may see sub 3k numbers. The Wii U is officially dead.

bolded: you wish. literally, you seem to wish that in your posts.

trestres loves Nintendo, he just criticizes them when they're messing up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Zero999 said:
trestres said:
As expected, catastrophic situation for the Wii U. Nothing else coming until the last day of May.

Indeed I do! I won a Wii U for that matter and 9 games already.

I try to be impartial. I started as a rabbid Nintendo fanboy, but later on started to realize that people like me at that time, were really useless. And Nintendo started taking the wrong direction. By 2009 my criticism grew even bigger. I'll give credit when it's deserved. For instance, I've been having a blast with the Wii U so far, unluckily, it's for short bursts, and droughts strike really hard.

You are a well balanced poster, way better than the majority, including myself

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
outlawauron said:
Zero999 said:
trestres said:

I try to be impartial. I started as a rabbid Nintendo fanboy, but later on started to realize that people like me at that time, were really useless. And Nintendo started taking the wrong direction. By 2009 my criticism grew even bigger. I'll give credit when it's deserved. For instance, I've been having a blast with the Wii U so far, unluckily, it's for short bursts, and droughts strike really hard.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

trestres said:
outlawauron said:
Zero999 said:
trestres said:

I remember you in 07 and 08, entirely different poster. It seems that a lot of people have problems distinguishing hatred from critique, I got the same flack all the time in the UNITY thread, even well-reasoned posts recieved a cold shoulder from some on the grounds of "you're just a hater", next comes the "flawed logic" argument, and so forth and so on.

For what it's worth; I think you're a good poster and we veterans know that you're a true Nintendo fan. True fans speak up when their favorite makes mistakes; it is absolutely paramount to the betterment of the industry that they do!

ryuzaki57 said:
Pretty good 2nd week for Super Heroine Chronicles =)

The Magi game on 3DS totally bombed, it was much higher in COMG. Bamco should really stick to Vita.

If they stick to vita, it wouldn't have made it into the top20. It's at #6, along with 12 other 3ds games in the top20...  If it sold 15k on 3ds for launch, it would sell that lifetime on vita. Why limit yourself to a maximum number of sales on vita, that would be the minimum sales on 3ds?  13 top 20 games is amazing, regardless of your personal disdain against the 3ds....

Justagamer said:

If they stick to vita, it wouldn't have made it into the top20. It's at #6, along with 12 other 3ds games in the top20...  If it sold 15k on 3ds for launch, it would sell that lifetime on vita. Why limit yourself to a maximum number of sales on vita, that would be the minimum sales on 3ds?  13 top 20 games is amazing, regardless of your personal disdain against the 3ds....

While I'm not agreeing with Ryuzaki's sentiment, the underlined sentences just aren't true at all.  When you're selling such a small amount of copies, maximum userbase doesn't mean squat, and there'a absolutely no guarantee that the games would've sold better on 3DS.

Since Magi sold ~15k FW, that's even in the ballpark of the other 3DS/Vita examples that show this isn't true:

Conception 2 - 19k FW Vita; 5k FW 3DS.

Exstetra - 11k FW Vita; 3k FW 3DS.

Even a sequel to a DS-exclusive title which went multi-plat with PSV and 3DS only managed 9k vs. 6k on Vita (Zero Escape).

While I don't think either of you are correct here (the game would've bombed regardless on what it came out on just because it isn't a desirable product by the looks of things); making sweeping statements like that about software sales (I assume) based on userbases is pretty much just flat out wrong when we're talking about such niche titles.

Justagamer said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Pretty good 2nd week for Super Heroine Chronicles =)

The Magi game on 3DS totally bombed, it was much higher in COMG. Bamco should really stick to Vita.

If they stick to vita, it wouldn't have made it into the top20. It's at #6, along with 12 other 3ds games in the top20...  If it sold 15k on 3ds for launch, it would sell that lifetime on vita. Why limit yourself to a maximum number of sales on vita, that would be the minimum sales on 3ds? 

I must disagree. Amagami and Disgaea, which are remakes, debuted around 30K. So we can be pretty sure an original game lik Magi would have performed better on Vita.