By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo makes better video games than everyone else

DerNebel said:
Nice, by that definition Sony makes the best home consoles since the PS+PS2+PS3 have combined easily outsold all Nintendo consoles put together and the Xbox+360 put together as well. After all people wouldn't ever pay money for an inferior machine. :D

The OP was comparing any one game to any other one game.

You will need to apply that logic to systems.

BTW, the DS sold over 150 million. Or were you ignoring PSP & PS Vita sells to make Sony look better, by excluding Handheld Consoles. Unlike Handhelds which are just phones & tablets.

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:

So pop music is the best music ever created? And Budweiser is the best beer ever made? And McDonald's is good? Oh wait, nevermind, those are all just cheap and accessible and liked by pre 18 yr old people the most of their market.

Rap music is the most liked music in every country, and Anime becomes liked by more people in each country with each year that goes by.

Anime would have already reached way more people by now, if it had started from America.

Nintendo is liked most, in most countries.

Rapper Psy has near 2 billion hits on YouTube, I might add.

TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:
Do they make the best platformer and kart racing, definately the latter mostly the former, there are many great platform games made by others.

Do they make the best FPS? No
Third Person Shooter? No
Racing Game? No
Puzzle Game? No
RPG? Yes
Light Gun/Rail Shooter? No
RTS? No
MMORPG? No
Fighting Game? Yes
Sandbox Game? No
Beat Em Up? No
Run and Gun? No
Vertical/Horizontal Shooter? No
Arcade Games/Arcade Style? No
Party Games? Sure
Text/Point and Click Adventures? No
Survival Horror? No
Stealth Game? No
City Building/Management Sims-ish? No
Strategy? No
Sports? No
Hack and Slash? No
Tower Defense? No

Can't think of any other genres but Nintendo has great Party games (if you don't consider playing online party games), best Kart racers and great platform games but there are plenty of great platformers over the years.

Fixed a couple there.

Best RPG?  Which is?  Not Pokemon of course because Pokemon was not developed by Nintendo, Game Freak is not Nintendo and exclusives are not always developed by Nintendo.

Wow.  You are not much of an RPG fan if you haven't heard of Xenoblade, the best and best rated RPG of last gen.  Among the very best games in fact.

Not an RPG fan but of course I've heard of it.  It sold less than a million, was not the best selling RPG of it's generation, and was not made by Nintendo, so you'll excuse my confusion when you said Nintendo made the best RPG's.  

You are quite confused on the topic, It is made by Nintendo.

From what I can tell they used to make games for Sony and Nintendo prior to last generation where they switched to just Nintendo, and they appear to be a subsidiary of Nintendo much like the way Rare is a subsidiary of MS.  Still, owning a company that made a game is not the same  as making it yourself so I believe you are confused on this matter.  It's made by another developer who is owned now by Nintendo, not really the same as being made by Nintendo in house.  

Don't people give MS crap about buying other stuidos to make games exclusively for their platform?  Guess Nintendo is not above it either.  

leo-j said:
Uncharted was a franchise that started on the ps3.... It just became a runaway success selling over 20 million copies as a franchise...... And gran turismo 5 sold more than 11 million copies.. Ur telling me Mario kart wii sold more

page 5 out of 8

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140130e.pdf

35 million

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I am sure they think they are better than everyone else as well, hence why they have so many issues with third parties.

Around the Network

A day later and people are still falling for Rol's trap.. Fascinating.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:

Best RPG?  Which is?  Not Pokemon of course because Pokemon was not developed by Nintendo, Game Freak is not Nintendo and exclusives are not always developed by Nintendo.

Wow.  You are not much of an RPG fan if you haven't heard of Xenoblade, the best and best rated RPG of last gen.  Among the very best games in fact.

Wow, so making one outstanding game, inbetween a whole lot of mediocre ones is already enough to become the best RPG developer in the industry, good to know.

they have more :) Fire emblem is very good! Highest rated handheld game of the generation (if you dont include remakes/ports)

I was talking about Monolith, but fair enough.

Kaizar said:
DerNebel said:
Nice, by that definition Sony makes the best home consoles since the PS+PS2+PS3 have combined easily outsold all Nintendo consoles put together and the Xbox+360 put together as well. After all people wouldn't ever pay money for an inferior machine. :D

The OP was comparing any one game to any other one game.

Where? Actually what's that even supposed to mean?

You will need to apply that logic to systems.

BTW, the DS sold over 150 million. Or were you ignoring PSP & PS Vita sells to make Sony look better, by excluding Handheld Consoles. Unlike Handhelds which are just phones & tablets.

I explicitely said home consoles, so no I wasn't "trying to make Sony look better". If I had said handheld then I would've said Nintendo makes the best.

I think the OP's point is mostly flame baiting nonsense, that said there's a fair arguement to be made that no publisher consistently puts out as many quality games per year as Nintendo does when their full software output is taken into account.

Last year they released Super Mario 3D World and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, both of which scored extremely high, then you also have Fire Emblem, Pokemon X/Y, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Luigi's Mansion which were all high quality games.

@RolStoppable

Unless you're a joke account, I have no idea of why would you incur into these fallacies:

RolStoppable said:

People put their money towards the best games.

People put money on what they know (advertisements and marketing campaigns ring you a bell?) and what they think they will like (first they pay, then they play). Also, different products sell to different audiences. What a 5-year-old kid likes (probably Nintendo kindergarten games) is different from what I like (trully deep games with complex gameplay and structure). And what an inexperienced gamer may value (basic and repetitive experiences) is different than what makes me amazed with a game (simulation experiences and unique contexts/environments).

If you don't believe me and you're still convinced that sales are a great quality indicator, then look at how mobile games crush Nintendo games and paltry mobile apps crush them even more. Look at how pop music easily becomes the best music genre and reality shows become far better than most of great movies, as well as Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey become the best books of recent years. For you this is very obvious...but not for me.

RolStoppable said:

Nintendo software > Third party software
Third party software > Sony software
Third party software > Microsoft software

Third party software has many different meanings and you're playing with them. The average Sony/Microsoft game sells more than the average 3rd party game and that would lead to a very different conclusion. Naturally, Sony/Microsoft produce less games than the rest of the entire gaming industry and so you conveniently pick the totals to make an unfair statement that will do nothing but please your ego.

Furthermore, you certainly don't consider all 3rd party software (only 3rd party titles on Nintendo consoles, which is miserable) when comparing it to Nintendo 1st party games, otherwise Nintendo woul lose hard. But then in Sony's and Microsoft's comparisons you use their 3rd party titles, which is a totally different thing (and they sell much better than Nintendo 3rd party games btw). Thus, you're calling "X" to something and "X" to a different thing. Then you replace one X by the other as if it was pure logic and voilà, you get a false conclusion to put in the title of this thread.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M