By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo makes better video games than everyone else

Nice, by that definition Sony makes the best home consoles since the PS+PS2+PS3 have combined easily outsold all Nintendo consoles put together and the Xbox+360 put together as well. After all people wouldn't ever pay money for an inferior machine. :D

Around the Network

Grand Theft Auto and Fallout never sold on a Nintendo system, this is a troll thread.

Also sales =/= quality, Most of Nintendo's best games typically sell around 1 million units (e.g. XenoBlade & Fire Emblem). I disagree with you when you think New Super Mario Bros Wii is better then anything half decent.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Didn't want to read four pages of pointless attacks on OP... but I thought I'd toss in that in the top ten of all time games by sales... all are Nintendo. Top 20? Almost all are Nintendo.

EA, Activision, etc are all very large publishers. They publish games on literally every console known to mankind (except Wii U currently) and yet they still publish fewer titles in terms of sales than Nintendo who only ever really has two platforms its creating content for.

Regardless if your personal flavor is not Nintendo kool-aid.. you cannot deny that Nintendo isn't the best game creator that has ever existed by simply looking at raw numbers. Which is really the only subjective way you an compare.

If only I knew the names of those games, I would buy a WiiU.

And please no Mario/pokemon/zelda remakes/monkey games I'm disgusted with all those.

leo-j said:
Uncharted was a franchise that started on the ps3.... It just became a runaway success selling over 20 million copies as a franchise...... And gran turismo 5 sold more than 11 million copies.. Ur telling me Mario kart wii sold more

:/ It did. Mk wii is over 30m or something like that now. (to lazy to look up)

Around the Network
MegaManX said:
Do they make the best platformer and kart racing, definately the latter mostly the former, there are many great platform games made by others.

Do they make the best FPS? No
Third Person Shooter? No
Racing Game? No
Puzzle Game? No
RPG? Yes
Light Gun/Rail Shooter? No
RTS? No
MMORPG? No
Fighting Game? Yes
Sandbox Game? No
Beat Em Up? No
Run and Gun? No
Vertical/Horizontal Shooter? No
Arcade Games/Arcade Style? No
Party Games? Sure
Text/Point and Click Adventures? No
Survival Horror? No
Stealth Game? No
City Building/Management Sims-ish? No
Strategy? No
Sports? No
Hack and Slash? No
Tower Defense? No

Can't think of any other genres but Nintendo has great Party games (if you don't consider playing online party games), best Kart racers and great platform games but there are plenty of great platformers over the years.

Fixed a couple there.

TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:
Do they make the best platformer and kart racing, definately the latter mostly the former, there are many great platform games made by others.

Third Person Shooter? No
Racing Game? No
Puzzle Game? No
RPG? Yes
RTS? No
MMORPG? No
Fighting Game? Yes
Sandbox Game? No
Beat Em Up? No
Run and Gun? No
Party Games? Sure
Survival Horror? No
Stealth Game? No
Strategy? No
Sports? No
Hack and Slash? No
Tower Defense? No

Can't think of any other genres but Nintendo has great Party games (if you don't consider playing online party games), best Kart racers and great platform games but there are plenty of great platformers over the years.

Fixed a couple there.

Best RPG?  Which is?  Not Pokemon of course because Pokemon was not developed by Nintendo, Game Freak is not Nintendo and exclusives are not always developed by Nintendo.

MegaManX said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:

Third Person Shooter? No
Racing Game? No
Puzzle Game? No
RPG? Yes
RTS? No
MMORPG? No
Fighting Game? Yes
Sandbox Game? No
Beat Em Up? No
Run and Gun? No
Party Games? Sure
Survival Horror? No
Stealth Game? No
Strategy? No
Sports? No
Hack and Slash? No
Tower Defense? No

Fixed a couple there.

Best RPG?  Which is?  Not Pokemon of course because Pokemon was not developed by Nintendo, Game Freak is not Nintendo and exclusives are not always developed by Nintendo.

Wow.  You are not much of an RPG fan if you haven't heard of Xenoblade, the best and best rated RPG of last gen.  Among the very best games in fact.

TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:

Third Person Shooter? No
Racing Game? No
Puzzle Game? No
RPG? Yes
RTS? No
MMORPG? No
Fighting Game? Yes
Sandbox Game? No
Beat Em Up? No
Run and Gun? No
Party Games? Sure
Survival Horror? No
Stealth Game? No
Strategy? No
Sports? No
Hack and Slash? No
Tower Defense? No

Fixed a couple there.

Wow.  You are not much of an RPG fan if you haven't heard of Xenoblade, the best and best rated RPG of last gen.  Among the very best games in fact.

Not an RPG fan but of course I've heard of it.  It sold less than a million, was not the best selling RPG of it's generation, and was not made by Nintendo, so you'll excuse my confusion when you said Nintendo made the best RPG's.  

TheLastStarFighter said:
MegaManX said:

Wow, so making one outstanding game, inbetween a whole lot of mediocre ones is already enough to become the best RPG developer in the industry, good to know.