By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Sony fans so opposed to 3DS development?

DanneSandin said:
PlayMatt said:
NintendoPie said:
PlayMatt said:

since when cheap = crap?

What I mean is that they would maximise profit and make less investments since they already got 100% of the marketshare

With the competition Sony VS Nintendo, Nintendo would make everything they can to make their product more appealing, like paying for exclusivity with Capcom's Monster Hunter and investing their money on making new games

So you think cheeply made things aren't crap? Odd, but okay.

They (Nintendo in this case) would still want to invest and the sort considering they still need to appeal to the market. If the market doesn't get what it wants, which is quality and quantity, then the market stops buying. This competition argument is practically a dead end.

Ok go live in you communist dreamland...

If there was no competition 3DS would still be costin 249.99, cause that would be the only gaming device available... Also if there wasn't PSP it probably wouldn't have an analog stick... And you know that on the 4DS or whatever it will be called there will be a second analog stick and more stuff cause Nintendo will try to top their competitors.

@Bolded: wait, what? LOL! What NinPie is describing is the OPPOSITE of communism!

Anyways, as has already been pointed out; Nintendo dropped the price on the 3DS BEFORE Vita was out, simply because it was selling. And even without Sony Nintendo does have competition: smartphones - and that competition is probably a lot tougher than the handheld playstations nowadays. The smartdevices will keep Nintendo innovative, sharp and cheap(ish)

It's a company, their only goal is to make money from it, no competition, means no reason to push high investments 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/NINTENDO-ISNT-AFFECTED-BY-FAN-campaigns-or-petitions?abthid=52a062cf5c4a6bb347000008

Yes, smartphones are becoming the biggest competition in the portable gaming market, but I'd rather see another REALLY DEDICATED gaming device then seeing they compete only against cheap smartphone games...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network

Too soon to tell, now that the PS4 is out, Vita sales will at least double. And, remember, it is NOT about winning the gen, it is about making a profit.
As long as the Vita makes a good profit on the long run, it will be alright.
I say: not even drop the price, just let the good times roll.
It is like cars, not only the best selling cars turn a profit. Or bands, not only the best selling bands make money. Or restaurants, not only the best places turn good profits.
It is not a freaking race, if they make profit, it is all good.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

In case you've been determined to read this far into the thread and haven't figured it out yet:

I was being facetious. This was my response to the common "Nintendo should go 3rd party on account of the Wii U's poor sales" topic. I hoped that by switching perspective to the handheld front and targeting the Vita, people would laugh and say "Okay, the Nintendoom is a bit silly from that point of view."

Hopefully at least somebody got something from all this.

On the bright side... look everybody! I made another popular thread!

Love and tolerate.

well... if Wii U will, under perform like the vita is right now, the same can be said about nintendo to drop Wii U and develop home console games for PS4... are nintendo fans opposed to this?

Edit: @ salnax... oh... i see what you did there... i did bite your bait... LOL

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Salnax said:
In case you've been determined to read this far into the thread and haven't figured it out yet:

I was being facetious. This was my response to the common "Nintendo should go 3rd party on account of the Wii U's poor sales" topic. I hoped that by switching perspective to the handheld front and targeting the Vita, people would laugh and say "Okay, the Nintendoom is a bit silly from that point of view."

Hopefully at least somebody got something from all this.

On the bright side... look everybody! I made another popular thread!

Everybody already thought that. Find one person on this site who said that "Nintendo should go 3rd party on account of the Wii U's poor sales" with a straight face, let alone another 20 to fit the definition of "common".

I don't know how people contemplating the idea of enjoying Nintendo software on other consoles can be spun to mean "Nintendo is doomed".

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:

well... if Wii U will, under perform like the vita is right now, the same can be said about nintendo to drop Wii U and develop home console games for PS4... are nintendo fans opposed to this?

Edit: @ salnax... oh... i see what you did there... i did bite your bait... LOL

I like your idea.  Handhelds=Nintendo hardware and software from both.  Home consoles=Sony hardware with software from both.  Or they could just release a powerful joint console with all the strengths and software from each like my dream last night...hell it's every night.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

radiantshadow92 said:
the_dengle said:
radiantshadow92 said:
how does that make any sense? Nintendo's weakness is making the hardware for the handheld. the was 3D is a complete waste (plus the 2ds is just plain ugly) and the online infrastructure is near stone age levels. Sony's weakness is the fact that they just cant get their 1st party studios to develop enough solid handheld driven games to hit the vita. The best outcome for the industry would actually be nintendo making games for the vita because the best thing about the vita is the hardware.

Man, the misinformation and hyperbole about Nintendo's online services needs to stop. They have a fully functioning network. You can download full retail games the day of release directly from the eShop. Their home console is compatible with HDDs up to 2 TB in size, and the 3DS officially supports SD cards up to 32 MB (unofficially, it's been reported that some 64 MB cards work as well), which is more than enough. Not all of Nintendo's first-party titles support online play, but that has nothing to do with the capabilities of their network. Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Kart 7, etc all work perfectly fine online.

ok. what happens when your system breaks or you want to sell it. There is no misinformation the infrastructure they set up is flawed compared to xbox live and psn accounts.

WiiU already has Nintendo Network IDs since launch. Purchases are connected to the NNID. With the next update the 3DS gets it too.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

As poor as Vita is doing, it's still making a profit, more of a profit if Sony were to develop games for Nintendo handhelds. Plus if Sony made games for Nintendo, it would hurt their image on a home console front.

Plus competition makes quality, remove Sony from the handheld game, and expect another 12 year lifecycle like the GB had before.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

How about me make a fair trade here since we are basing this on console sales?

Sony goes 3rd party on handhelds and develops for 3DS. Nintendo goes 3rd party on home consoles and develops for PS4.

I'll live with that any day of the week.