By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Sony fans so opposed to 3DS development?

BasilZero said:
padib said:
BasilZero said:

Sony was already a third party publisher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Imagesoft

Time for Nintendo to be one. I would love to play Super Mario 3D World on PS43.

Nintendo was a 3rd party publisher much longer before 1989.

They made great games when they were third party, even more the reason to go third party.

They make great games in an sitution including now, so what's your point?

Around the Network

Basil is a gaming whore! Watch him closely.

BasilZero said:
chocoloco said:
Basil is a gaming whore! Watch him closely.

;(

y u do dis to me?

That chocobo is just too sexy to resist.

I better go to bed. :3

lol Basil I was just asking a simply question.

Vita is part of a long term plan for Sony to boost the long term sales of PS4 and to also increase subscribers to their services. Sony cant afford to go 3rd party simply because itd lessen the appeal of a Vita and therefore the Sony brand as a whole. Vita + Playstation Mobile and PS4 are a long term plan for Sony to battle against Apple and Microsoft on all fronts.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
padib said:
BasilZero said:

Sony was already a third party publisher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Imagesoft

Time for Nintendo to be one. I would love to play Super Mario 3D World on PS43.

Nintendo was a 3rd party publisher much longer before 1989.

They made great games when they were third party, even more the reason to go third party.

But they made even better games when they became a first party developer. Besides, the home ports of Donkey Kong were not nearly as good as the arcade version.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

PlayMatt said:

I don't want it to happen because:

6 - I don't want live in a world with no dedicated handheld gaming competition, if there's no competition they will get lazy and develop us mostly cheap stuf

Yeah because the DS was cheap and lazy ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

PlayMatt said:
NintendoPie said:
PlayMatt said:

since when cheap = crap?

What I mean is that they would maximise profit and make less investments since they already got 100% of the marketshare

With the competition Sony VS Nintendo, Nintendo would make everything they can to make their product more appealing, like paying for exclusivity with Capcom's Monster Hunter and investing their money on making new games

So you think cheeply made things aren't crap? Odd, but okay.

They (Nintendo in this case) would still want to invest and the sort considering they still need to appeal to the market. If the market doesn't get what it wants, which is quality and quantity, then the market stops buying. This competition argument is practically a dead end.

Ok go live in you communist dreamland...

If there was no competition 3DS would still be costin 249.99, cause that would be the only gaming device available... Also if there wasn't PSP it probably wouldn't have an analog stick... And you know that on the 4DS or whatever it will be called there will be a second analog stick and more stuff cause Nintendo will try to top their competitors.

@Bolded: wait, what? LOL! What NinPie is describing is the OPPOSITE of communism!

Anyways, as has already been pointed out; Nintendo dropped the price on the 3DS BEFORE Vita was out, simply because it was selling. And even without Sony Nintendo does have competition: smartphones - and that competition is probably a lot tougher than the handheld playstations nowadays. The smartdevices will keep Nintendo innovative, sharp and cheap(ish)

MohammadBadir said:
ps3-sales! said:
Sony should drop the Vita for 3rd party support on the 3DS, due to the 3DS actually being successful.

Nintendo should drop the Wii U for 3rd party support for the Ps4, due to the Ps4 actually being successful.

See what I did there?

You countered the countered argument against the original argument by using the original argument that this argument is countering?

LOL! Hilarious :D

DanneSandin said:
PlayMatt said:

I don't want it to happen because:

6 - I don't want live in a world with no dedicated handheld gaming competition, if there's no competition they will get lazy and develop us mostly cheap stuf

Yeah because the DS was cheap and lazy ^^

From the games I played on it, I don't see any that could cost too much, if you can point any for me, I would be glad to fill this lack on my DS games library...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!