By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

KylieDog said:
RolStoppable said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

This isn't about conspiracy theories to make platforms fail, it's about the blame game that is played on forums. Namely putting forward the argument that consumers have the power to change the effort that third parties are willing to put into their games and if consumers don't buy old/bad/gimped/overpriced games, then they don't deserve any better. Which becomes all the more insulting when the games in question are titles that the person who puts the argument forward would never buy either.

Essentially, it's about gamers telling other gamers to buy trash and blaming them for not buying trash. Something that is ridiculous, yet still common practice.

And to put it in other words, when it comes to the question why certain people don't buy Nintendo home consoles, the usual answer is something along the lines of "I don't care about Nintendo games and the third party games are subpar." So if the third party games aren't good, then why should actual owners of Nintendo home consoles buy them in droves?

Because if you only own a Wii U there is no other option.  Subpar doesn't neccessarily mean bad either.   But my answer to people complaining is always just buy two consoles or accept you had a decision between Nintendo games or great third party support and chose the former.

What sucks about Vita is even Sony seem to be abandoning the platform, no moneyhats except maybe the very late Borderlands 2 port which will likely bomb and was a stupid idea, SCEJ have a couple things like Gravity Rush 2 but SCEA don't seem to care at all and SCEE efforts this year have been Killzone and the yet to release Tearaway, at some point following up with  PS Vita pets...

TBH SCEA have followed other western devs and just ignore handhelds for the most part. They treated the PSP almost the same. Europe and Japan seems to care more about handhelds than US.

On a side note its a funny argument anyway because Vita owners dont complain and whine anywhere NEAR as much as Wii U owners have. Some are still complaining about ME3

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

2.82m is a joke to beat if you combine sony/MH.

im surprised nintendo could only get 2.82m out of a system selling game in a country where millions more are yet to upgrade to a current gen handheld.

2.82M in some weeks. I think after golden week next year it should be past 3.5M and should get to 4.5M lifetime. Japan to be clear, but other regions are probably don't add much.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Actually, I blame it on PS+. I would probably buy more games if I don't already have a huge backlog of free games from PS+.

reggin_bolas said:
Honestly, like many older adults (20 plus) I'm just not interested in ANY handheld device. It used to be cool when I was a kid and I could play some games when away from home.

I guess I just grew up and I realized I don't need to play games when away from home; plus the games aren't that great.

Says the person who hasn't experience the 3DS, which is greater then the Wii & PS3 & 360. TRUE STORY.

vita owners are mostly happy with their vita /thread

Around the Network

I havent read through this thread. Im upset I missed it when you first posted it.

This is such a great thread. 10/10