By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

RolStoppable said:
orniletter said:
attaboy said:
Remember the prophecy: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82922/psp2-will-be-dead-on-arrival-says-pachter/

No matter what we did, the Vita has never stood a chance.

Oh, that wasn´t his only prediction, he said that the Vita would outsell the 3DS  at one point.

Indeed, and he made his more optimistic prediction closer to launch, so that's the one that counts for more.

Also, in the linked article he says that the 3DS would struggle after a good launch, but closer to launch he said that Nintendo should have priced the 3DS at $300, because the device will likely sell out all year long.

Oh, I remember that, he literally covered every possible outcome to be able to say "See, told you so!" at the end of the day.

He is so full of shit.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Play4Fun said:

LOL

Talk about delusional.

2.82m is a joke to beat if you combine sony/MH.

im surprised nintendo could only get 2.82m out of a system selling game in a country where millions more are yet to upgrade to a current gen handheld.

anyway, as I was looking up sales, I also found out GTA liberty city stories is a whopping 7.54m on psp, now i have NO idea what OP was going on about.

I wonder if you realize you're comparing a game with 6 weeks worth of sale to a game that was released  years ago...

OdinHades said:
I would buy some games, but Sony just keeps on giving them to me for free with PS+!

Who knows if those free games are counted in the sales of 10 games per system?

small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

I think a reason might be that the Wii U one is a port of the console version they are already making for other platforms, whereas the Vita requires the creation of an original game* which means a higher cost than just a port. 

*yes, they could maybe port a PS3 version, but from what I played of the Vita AC (all of it), it would require significant downsizing and modification 

Ok so why those 3 refuse to even make a port of console version?

I'm sure they will sold better then Wii version

port game from ps3 to vita is easy so your last point is not good

Did you play the Vita AC? 

fps_d0minat0r said:

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

Wattt? Do you even see MH4 sales? Are you sure it'll be the third highest in sales? Its currently ahead of 3mil with holidays to come. A MH on vita will do extremely well but its not going to be even close to psp/3ds numbers cuz of install base. MH4 seems like it'll be at least 2nd in sales out of all MH's in japan.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

2.82m is a joke to beat if you combine sony/MH.

im surprised nintendo could only get 2.82m out of a system selling game in a country where millions more are yet to upgrade to a current gen handheld

Are you seriously even trying? 2 things

1. its 2.82mil with at least an extra 400k Digital sales making it over 3.22mil.

2. Do you compare a game that recently came out with a game thats been out for years+ it released in Dec? Really? It just sounds like your mad MH is on 3DS. Anybody calling out MH4 sales saying its a joke is either delusional or simply are just biased.

Pls next time do research cuz then if you compare all 6 week sales vs lifetime sales i guess 99% of all games are flops

Vita owners are to blame for the system getting more and more 3rd party support? Keep up the good work guys and looking forward to more games in 2014.

Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

I think a reason might be that the Wii U one is a port of the console version they are already making for other platforms, whereas the Vita requires the creation of an original game* which means a higher cost than just a port. 

*yes, they could maybe port a PS3 version, but from what I played of the Vita AC (all of it), it would require significant downsizing and modification 

Ok so why those 3 refuse to even make a port of console version?

I'm sure they will sold better then Wii version

port game from ps3 to vita is easy so your last point is not good

Did you play the Vita AC? 

Yes i play it.

I play Superstardust,lbp vita,assasin creed vita,unit 13,soul sacrifice,nfs most wanted and Metal Solid hd collection

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

tbone51 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

Wattt? Do you even see MH4 sales? Are you sure it'll be the third highest in sales? Its currently ahead of 3mil with holidays to come. A MH on vita will do extremely well but its not going to be even close to psp/3ds numbers cuz of install base. MH4 seems like it'll be at least 2nd in sales out of all MH's in japan.

yet still behind the psp and if you stay on topic, the OP was complaining that we dont buy our games.

RolStoppable said: Let's suppose someone wants to have a discussion about a certain game, but the only available person is KylieDog. Does this mean said someone has to talk to KylieDog now?
KylieDog said:

There is always the option to not complain.

Indeed. You could practice what you preach.

Too good. Hats off