By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

Oh look a Rol thread. I'm too tired right now to read between the lines to figure out what this thread is really about.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

Wattt? Do you even see MH4 sales? Are you sure it'll be the third highest in sales? Its currently ahead of 3mil with holidays to come. A MH on vita will do extremely well but its not going to be even close to psp/3ds numbers cuz of install base. MH4 seems like it'll be at least 2nd in sales out of all MH's in japan.

yet still behind the psp and if you stay on topic, the OP was complaining that we dont buy our games.

Your really in denial. So then we can call COD Ghost a flop after it releases FW right? cuz its sales are MUCH LOWER than BO2 lmao

People like you who compare  First month sales to lifetime are a joke. And your last statement, you started by mentioning MH4 sales on 3ds so that is wat i call hypocrisy since you dont apply it towards yourself.

MH4 Sales are currently over 3.2mil (includes digital) and its going to sell another million or 2 but of course you wont take that into an account *fail

attaboy said:
Remember the prophecy: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82922/psp2-will-be-dead-on-arrival-says-pachter/

No matter what we did, the Vita has never stood a chance.

Oh shit, he's been right about something?

Edit: read the responses to this post, all is right with the world again.

small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

I think a reason might be that the Wii U one is a port of the console version they are already making for other platforms, whereas the Vita requires the creation of an original game* which means a higher cost than just a port. 

*yes, they could maybe port a PS3 version, but from what I played of the Vita AC (all of it), it would require significant downsizing and modification 

Ok so why those 3 refuse to even make a port of console version?

I'm sure they will sold better then Wii version

port game from ps3 to vita is easy so your last point is not good

Did you play the Vita AC? 

Yes i play it.

I play Superstardust,lbp vita,assasin creed vita,unit 13,soul sacrifice,nfs most wanted and Metal Solid hd collection

And have you played the console version? Surely you can see the difference in scope between the two, and how much would have to be pared back. I mean, the PS3/360 versions are pushing those systems as it is. 

I'd remove the Ubisoft comparison because they said they were pleased with its sales. :-/

Otherwise, it's all on point for a Rol thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

I think a reason might be that the Wii U one is a port of the console version they are already making for other platforms, whereas the Vita requires the creation of an original game* which means a higher cost than just a port. 

*yes, they could maybe port a PS3 version, but from what I played of the Vita AC (all of it), it would require significant downsizing and modification 

Ok so why those 3 refuse to even make a port of console version?

I'm sure they will sold better then Wii version

port game from ps3 to vita is easy so your last point is not good

Did you play the Vita AC? 

Yes i play it.

I play Superstardust,lbp vita,assasin creed vita,unit 13,soul sacrifice,nfs most wanted and Metal Solid hd collection

And have you played the console version? Surely you can see the difference in scope between the two, and how much would have to be pared back. I mean, the PS3/360 versions are pushing those systems as it is. 

No i don't like home console i always play in handheld , best game on Vita and PSP are home console like game.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Konami hasn't done anything for Wii U beside porting Super Castlevania IV on Halloween.

Sony is to blame because of the lack of content. The PSP did just fine until the hacking and pirating issue.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony is to blame because of the lack of content. The PSP did just fine until the hacking and pirating issue.

It's not true PSP out without any security hack was available day 1 psp software sold poorly after 3rd party abondon it.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The ignorance... it called to me... someone requires clarity, in the form of this: