By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

@Role

The Wii U has superb 3rd party titles. It has the definitive version of video games. It has the exclusives like Bayonetta 2 & Lego City 1 & The Wonderful 101 & ZombiU & etc.

Around the Network

None of those games interest me. Like PSP I got my Vita for Ys series and RPG's. Then on Vita I bought Sly Cooper.Gravity Rush,Dragon's Crown.Wipeout.Blazeblue them some digital games and have Ys IV CE preordered for Vita and will buy Treachery in beatdown City for Vita. I plan to get Ragnorock and Muramasa.

I also have a 3DS XL and love it but Vita is my fave of the two.

RolStoppable said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

This isn't about conspiracy theories to make platforms fail, it's about the blame game that is played on forums. Namely putting forward the argument that consumers have the power to change the effort that third parties are willing to put into their games and if consumers don't buy old/bad/gimped/overpriced games, then they don't deserve any better. Which becomes all the more insulting when the games in question are titles that the person who puts the argument forward would never buy either.

Essentially, it's about gamers telling other gamers to buy trash and blaming them for not buying trash. Something that is ridiculous, yet still common practice.

And to put it in other words, when it comes to the question why certain people don't buy Nintendo home consoles, the usual answer is something along the lines of "I don't care about Nintendo games and the third party games are subpar." So if the third party games aren't good, then why should actual owners of Nintendo home consoles buy them in droves?

I know your headline is a reaction to a very specific argument used to troll Nintendo fans, but I felt you were using the whole thing as a springboard to criticize the third party's platform decisions, hence my post on the subject. If you didn't intend to do that at all, I was just projecting your usual disposition onto an unrelated thread and that's my mistake. 

Ryudo said:

None of those games interest me. Like PSP I got my Vita for Ys series and RPG's. Then on Vita I bought Sly Cooper.Gravity Rush,Dragon's Crown.Wipeout.Blazeblue them some digital games and have Ys IV CE preordered for Vita and will buy Treachery in beatdown City for Vita. I plan to get Ragnorock and Muramasa.

I also have a 3DS XL and love it but Vita is my fave of the two.

Muramasa US version is this week on sale @ Play-Asia for 26,99 US$. (Shipping is free) ;)

Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

I think a reason might be that the Wii U one is a port of the console version they are already making for other platforms, whereas the Vita requires the creation of an original game* which means a higher cost than just a port. 

*yes, they could maybe port a PS3 version, but from what I played of the Vita AC (all of it), it would require significant downsizing and modification 

attaboy said:
Remember the prophecy: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82922/psp2-will-be-dead-on-arrival-says-pachter/

No matter what we did, the Vita has never stood a chance.

Oh, that wasn´t his only prediction, he said that the Vita would outsell the 3DS  at one point.

I take full responsibility for any and all mistakes made by Vita owners.

Except those mistakes regarding Konami. I bought MGS HD.

(I don't think the Square Enix ship has sailed yet either; and I shall do my part by purchasing a HD remake of one of my least favourite games of all time).

fps_d0minat0r said:

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

anyway same applies to wii and 3ds. you guys never buy your 3rd party games.

wait....what do i hear you whisper? 'the games are not good enough'

yeah well black ops declassified is currently the 2nd worst game on vita and OP has a problem with it selling 0.77m units on a system with only 5.9m units sold.

bioshock has never been on a sony portable and as for gta, chinatown wars sold 1m compared to DS' 1.27m even though it came out ages afterwards and there are less psp's than ds's

LOL

Talk about delusional.

orniletter said:
See Vita guys, this is how the WiiU guys are treated.

Well, you want something from EA ? You should have bought the 8month old , full price port of Mass Effect 3 when the other systems got the entire trilogy for less.

I never understand this argument (since it does seem to be a serious point you're making).  Vita owners did go out and buy 8+ month old, full price ports of games.  At least at and around launch:

FIFA (430k)Rayman (350k); Mortal Kombat (350k); Metal Gear Solid HD (210k).

In reality, there's plenty of examples of similar treatment between Vita & Wii-U at the hands of third parties, except Vita owners actually went out and bought the games anyway.  And if these sales figures led nowhere (+ reportedly strong digital), then no wonder the ~ 70 - 80k sales of late ports on Wii-U wasn't enough.

Except Batman.  That was a late port which sold well; and therefore got the sequel.

edit: Actually, I suppose FIFA led to more reskins released every year and Rayman/Mortal Kombat led to a gimped port and a so-late-they-might-as-well-not-have-bothered port respectively, but it's still something.