By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

i bought my vita 2 weeks after it launched in America.
i presently have bought only 2 retail games for it: Uncharted and MLB 12: the show.
i also purchased Escape Plan for it.

I preordered Resistance, but canceled it immediately after reviews started reflecting how terrible it was. I was also intending to get Call of Duty, but the found out it was being developed by the same terrible company. proving that both Sony and Activision didnt care about it.

And i really wanted to get Assassin's Creed, but then they forced a french female protagonist in the game. I didnt connect with that at all. So i didnt buy it, and i bet the main character turned off many other potential customers.

I will be getting Killzone though, but i will wait for it to drop to $30.

Around the Network

Im so far backlogged it doesnt matter and I bought just about all those titles. You can step off your soapbox now.

Remember the prophecy: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82922/psp2-will-be-dead-on-arrival-says-pachter/

No matter what we did, the Vita has never stood a chance.

I bought none of these games. I am a terrible customer. Just sitting here with my lonely copy of Dead or Alive 5+ :P

RolStoppable said:

Yesterday somebody created a thread to ask the question where all the Vita games for 2014 are. It should go without saying, but it's looking bleak. There isn't much coming in terms of retail software and that's because you Vita owners didn't do your part in supporting the games that were released for the device.

If you wanted more Call of Duty from Activision, you should have bought more copies of Declassified. The game got a lot of advertisement and was even bundled with the system, yet it didn't even sell a million units.

If you wanted more support from Ubisoft, you should have bought more copies of Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. See CoD: Declassified.

If you wanted more support from EA, you should have bought more copies of their FIFA games. Such a huge brand couldn't even move half a million units on Vita and this year's edition sits at a meager 0.03m.

If you wanted more JRPGs from Square-Enix, you should have bought more copies of Army Corps of Hell.

If you wanted Monster Hunter from Capcom, you should have bought more copies of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken.

If you wanted Metal Gear Solid from Konami, you should have bought more copies of the MGS HD Edition.

If you wanted Valkyria Chronicles from Sega, you should have bought more copies of their games.

If you wanted Grand Theft Auto or Bioshock from Take Two, you should have bought more copies of their games.

If you wanted WRPGs from Bethesda, you should have bought more copies of their games.

If you wanted more first party games, then maybe you should have told your real life friends how awesome the Vita is. But since you didn't, this analyst's prediction became reality.

The bottom line is that Vita owners didn't buy games. You have nobody but yourselves to blame. You have made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

anyway same applies to wii and 3ds. you guys never buy your 3rd party games.

wait....what do i hear you whisper? 'the games are not good enough'

yeah well black ops declassified is currently the 2nd worst game on vita and OP has a problem with it selling 0.77m units on a system with only 5.9m units sold.

bioshock has never been on a sony portable and as for gta, chinatown wars sold 1m compared to DS' 1.27m even though it came out ages afterwards and there are less psp's than ds's

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
It's Iwata's fault

Classic Rol thread

I own both a Wii U, and a Vita and have purchased more than my share of games for both of them. 8 retail games and at about 15 eshop ones for the Wii U, and 4 retail/6 digital for my Vita. The thing is, I do not complain about what third parties owe either system, or try to imagine that there is some conspiracy against them as so many people on this site do.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

fps_d0minat0r said:
RolStoppable said:

Yesterday somebody created a thread to ask the question where all the Vita games for 2014 are. It should go without saying, but it's looking bleak. There isn't much coming in terms of retail software and that's because you Vita owners didn't do your part in supporting the games that were released for the device.

If you wanted more Call of Duty from Activision, you should have bought more copies of Declassified. The game got a lot of advertisement and was even bundled with the system, yet it didn't even sell a million units.

If you wanted more support from Ubisoft, you should have bought more copies of Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. See CoD: Declassified.

If you wanted more support from EA, you should have bought more copies of their FIFA games. Such a huge brand couldn't even move half a million units on Vita and this year's edition sits at a meager 0.03m.

If you wanted more JRPGs from Square-Enix, you should have bought more copies of Army Corps of Hell.

If you wanted Monster Hunter from Capcom, you should have bought more copies of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken.

If you wanted Metal Gear Solid from Konami, you should have bought more copies of the MGS HD Edition.

If you wanted Valkyria Chronicles from Sega, you should have bought more copies of their games.

If you wanted Grand Theft Auto or Bioshock from Take Two, you should have bought more copies of their games.

If you wanted WRPGs from Bethesda, you should have bought more copies of their games.

If you wanted more first party games, then maybe you should have told your real life friends how awesome the Vita is. But since you didn't, this analyst's prediction became reality.

The bottom line is that Vita owners didn't buy games. You have nobody but yourselves to blame. You have made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

anyway same applies to wii and 3ds. you guys never buy your 3rd party games.

wait....what do i hear you whisper? 'the games are not good enough'

yeah well black ops declassified is currently the 2nd worst game on vita and OP has a problem with it selling 0.77m units on a system with only 5.9m units sold.

bioshock has never been on a sony portable and as for gta, chinatown wars sold 1m compared to DS' 1.27m even though it came out ages afterwards and there are less psp's than ds's

Woosh

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

I just bought Fruit Ninja for $5 on my PS-Vita

Aside that, I play Guacamelee and Miami Hotline and Sina Mora and whatever other PS+ promotion games come to it. I am very happy with Vita as a device owner.

I do not need anything grander/more than the PSN cross-play games coming to it.

Both CoD Declassified and AC III Liberation were worse games than the free PS+ promotion games I mentioned.

RolStoppable said:

Call of duty Desclassified is a very bad game but it's still sold 750 000 copy,this game is not even made by activision but by another studio,Desclassified sold a lot better then Call of Duty: Black Ops II but even with this wii u getting Ghost and psv don't.

Assasin Creed also sold well for a such tiny install base,it outsold Assasin Creed 3 on wiiu but still wii u getting Assasin Creed 4 and psv dosn't.

The first Fifa on Vita sold really well of a first one it's outsold psp,3ds and xbox one, the rest of Fifa game on Vita are just the same game as the first one do you think people will buy the same game 3 time so before blaming vita owner why fifa 2014 sold poorly blame EA because they didn't make any effort for this game.

Army corps Party is a niche game and in Japan only big game like Final Fantasy Dragon Quest,Mario etc sold well,many devs are happy with their game on Vita that's why PSV getting every year in Japan a better support from studios.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken are late port,late port always sold not that much because they already buy it in other consoles.And Monster Hunter is a lot bigger then those two games that mean Monater will sold a lot better then those two game in psv.

MGS HD Edition is alreaady in ps2,xbox360 and ps3 that why it dosn't sold well in contrast if Konami will make a exclusive MGS on Vita it would sell a lot better then MGS HD Edition.

About Take two does they even release a game on Vita?

GTA on PSP sold 7 millons if Vita got a GTA on Vita it will sold at least 5 millions

The same think for Bethesda they never release a game on vita lol it look like you want blame people with lies.

So stop blaming vita owner or Sony and blame third party.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m