By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

Kresnik said:

(I don't think the Square Enix ship has sailed yet either; and I shall do my part by purchasing a HD remake of one of my least favourite games of all time).

I don´t want to be mean, but Squeenix is all but done with traditional handhelds at this point.

They are remaking FF IV: The after years with the engine of the DS-remake of III, it would cost them pocket change to throw it on the 3DS as well

...the same about Deus Ex: The fall iOS on Vita (the Vita is a mobile phone in desguise from a hardware standpoint, it would cost them close to nothing to port it)

They just don´t want to....

I think that Theatrythm 2, FF X HD and maybe, if the stars align Dragon Quest XI will be their last handheld titles

Around the Network

*Reads title*

"I bet this is a Rol thread"

*Clicks on it*

"Yup"

*Reads OP*

"Oh, I see what he is doing here. I wonder how many people won't get it"

*Scrolls through a few posts*

*Writes this useless comment*

*Clicks submit*

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

attaboy said:
Remember the prophecy: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82922/psp2-will-be-dead-on-arrival-says-pachter/

No matter what we did, the Vita has never stood a chance.

Every console with no support from third party is destined to fail even ps4

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I bought Dragon's Crown, Killzone merc and Sly 4, Guacamelee at full price on Ps Vita. Also Jet Set Radio, Proteus, Hotline Miami... I think i'm from good support for Ps Vita.

But I could care very less from many third party's game for vita. I'm not expecting anything from Capcom for example. Vita is not suited for Fighting games since the button layout is so-so. I don't care about Monster Hunter, I never understood the success of this franchise.

Same goes for Ubisoft. Watch dogs looks meh and Assassin's Creed is an average franchise. Don't think Rayman is that good too. Same goes for EA, they can keep their FPS, we already have Guerrila Cambridge.

Naughty dogs game seems a lot overated to me. And even if it wasn't the case, they're better to be played on a big screen.

Capcom, Ubisoft, EA, Konami and other big names could go by the window. As far as I am concerned, I don't care about their games.

All I expect is a top notch quality GTA-like game, even if it's not coming from take two. And I also expect Sony will keep their first party dropping some games on vita, the ports and the independant games coming. Other than that, fucking FRESH BLOOD for Vita.

I want fresh developer making quality games for Vita.

How and I would like some games from Square Enix, but since Sony's are major shareholder of Square Enix, that's pretty much a given and it does not rely on games sold at all.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
small44 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Stretching your point a bit with most of those examples, but in essence I don't disagree with you (your 'parody' point, not the reason you made this thread).

I don't think there is a third party conspiracy to make the Vita fail, and I think Ubisoft, Activision, Konami have sound business reasons for not continuing their franchises on the Vita so I just can't be angry at them - I don't expect third parties to support platforms by default, that's not how being a third party works.

So why those three still make game on wii u and not on vita despite every of their game bomb and their game on Vita sold a lot better.

Ubisoft said they are very happy with Assasin Creed sale on Vita so i don't understand why they refuse to make another one on Vita.

I think a reason might be that the Wii U one is a port of the console version they are already making for other platforms, whereas the Vita requires the creation of an original game* which means a higher cost than just a port. 

*yes, they could maybe port a PS3 version, but from what I played of the Vita AC (all of it), it would require significant downsizing and modification 

Ok so why those 3 refuse to even make a port of console version?

I'm sure they will sold better then Wii version

port game from ps3 to vita is easy so your last point is not good

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Play4Fun said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

anyway same applies to wii and 3ds. you guys never buy your 3rd party games.

wait....what do i hear you whisper? 'the games are not good enough'

yeah well black ops declassified is currently the 2nd worst game on vita and OP has a problem with it selling 0.77m units on a system with only 5.9m units sold.

bioshock has never been on a sony portable and as for gta, chinatown wars sold 1m compared to DS' 1.27m even though it came out ages afterwards and there are less psp's than ds's

LOL

Talk about delusional.

2.82m is a joke to beat if you combine sony/MH.

im surprised nintendo could only get 2.82m out of a system selling game in a country where millions more are yet to upgrade to a current gen handheld.

anyway, as I was looking up sales, I also found out GTA liberty city stories is a whopping 7.54m on psp, now i have NO idea what OP was going on about.

Honestly, like many older adults (20 plus) I'm just not interested in ANY handheld device. It used to be cool when I was a kid and I could play some games when away from home.

I guess I just grew up and I realized I don't need to play games when away from home; plus the games aren't that great.

Kresnik said:
orniletter said:
See Vita guys, this is how the WiiU guys are treated.

Well, you want something from EA ? You should have bought the 8month old , full price port of Mass Effect 3 when the other systems got the entire trilogy for less.

I never understand this argument (since it does seem to be a serious point you're making).  Vita owners did go out and buy 8+ month old, full price ports of games.  At least at and around launch:

FIFA (430k)Rayman (350k); Mortal Kombat (350k); Metal Gear Solid HD (210k).

In reality, there's plenty of examples of similar treatment between Vita & Wii-U at the hands of third parties, except Vita owners actually went out and bought the games anyway.  And if these sales figures led nowhere (+ reportedly strong digital), then no wonder the ~ 70 - 80k sales of late ports on Wii-U wasn't enough.

Except Batman.  That was a late port which sold well; and therefore got the sequel.

edit: Actually, I suppose FIFA led to more reskins released every year and Rayman/Mortal Kombat led to a gimped port and a so-late-they-might-as-well-not-have-bothered port respectively, but it's still something.

My/Rol´s argument wasn´t that one device deserves the support it gets over the other, It was more along the lines of gamers blaming other gamers,saying that they don´t deserve better third party support because they wouldn´t buy the games on principle.

On the WiiU for example:

Almost all third party games were late, ran worse, missed features (online), had no DLC and were more expensive.

And there really weren´t many ports that were ,enhanced and or at the very least, the same across the bord. (With the single exception beeing Resident Evil: Revelations,)

I think he wanted to reverse the situation, it isn´t the Vita owner´s fault that they aren´t getting a new CoD and Ass Creed, those games were pretty bad and didn´t deserve to sell many units....the same is true for almost all third party WiiU games.

As much as Vita owners should have bought more the idiots who did not buy the system at all is the biggest issue