By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita owners are to blame for the Vita's current situation

RolStoppable said:

The bottom line is that Vita owners didn't buy games. You have nobody but yourselves to blame. You have made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

That's a pretty premature analysis, Rol.  The Vita hasn't even had its third holiday yet.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Play4Fun said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

The two highest selling MH games are on PSP. im sure if the next one is on vita that will take 3rd spot from MH4.

anyway same applies to wii and 3ds. you guys never buy your 3rd party games.

wait....what do i hear you whisper? 'the games are not good enough'

yeah well black ops declassified is currently the 2nd worst game on vita and OP has a problem with it selling 0.77m units on a system with only 5.9m units sold.

bioshock has never been on a sony portable and as for gta, chinatown wars sold 1m compared to DS' 1.27m even though it came out ages afterwards and there are less psp's than ds's

LOL

Talk about delusional.

2.82m is a joke to beat if you combine sony/MH.

im surprised nintendo could only get 2.82m out of a system selling game in a country where millions more are yet to upgrade to a current gen handheld.

anyway, as I was looking up sales, I also found out GTA liberty city stories is a whopping 7.54m on psp, now i have NO idea what OP was going on about.

The game has sold 3.3 milion according to Capcom.

archbrix said:
RolStoppable said:

The bottom line is that Vita owners didn't buy games. You have nobody but yourselves to blame. You have made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

That's a pretty premature analysis, Rol.  The Vita hasn't even had its third holiday yet.

Just hitting its' stride. Year of the Vita.

small44 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony is to blame because of the lack of content. The PSP did just fine until the hacking and pirating issue.

It's not true PSP out without any security hack was available day 1 psp software sold poorly after 3rd party abondon it.

The PSP took a while to gain steam. The PSP Vita might have it harder but eventually it will hit its stride and gain third party support. People arent buying it, thats the problem, not the people who own it.

A lot of Vita owners are skint have purchased the system and the memory card.

And then you buy PS+ and get lots of games to play anyway, so the incentive to buy other stuff has a barrier.

Around the Network

You cant say that considering a lot of vita games sold more than PSP games, you could say it about Wii U owners though

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

S.T.A.G.E. said:
small44 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony is to blame because of the lack of content. The PSP did just fine until the hacking and pirating issue.

It's not true PSP out without any security hack was available day 1 psp software sold poorly after 3rd party abondon it.

The PSP took a while to gain steam. The PSP Vita might have it harder but eventually it will hit its stride and gain third party support. People arent buying it, thats the problem, not the people who own it.

PSP support wa a lot bigger then psvita support that's why psp ,psp get Monster Hunter,Gta and a lot of multiplatform game htat's why psp sold a lot better then Vita.

People aren't buying it because of the terrible support of third party .

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I don't understand with vita situatuon right now. Soul sac hyped just got to buy Vita, and then I was just dissapointed with this game. Then Killzone and I purchased the game but I keep getting kicked out in the middle of mp online, even after I got an update for 1.2 version still get the same trouble. Maybe we need to wait ps vita and ps4 real compatibility. And I decide keep it or sell it.

Salnax said:
oniyide said:
orniletter said:
See Vita guys, this is how the WiiU guys are treated.

Well, you want something from EA ? You should have bought the 8month old , full price port of Mass Effect 3 when the other systems got the entire trilogy for less.

people still mad at this?

I'm not mad anymore. I'll just take a few more years to forgive EA for insulting us like that on top of everything else.

you're messing up by taking it personally

The problem is PS+, people wait the games for free instead of buying. That's hurting a lot software sales, specially to Vita.