By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is the most successful gamin

Around the Network

"Proof_that_Nintendo_is_the_most_successful_gamin"

Incomplete title? What I am looking at, OP?

Well seeing that all they do is make games and nothing else, they really should be.

problem is, SONY and Microsoft for a few years here and there group their gaming divisions up. So it is hard to work out what exactly caused the loss.

There was a thread with this chart a couple of years ago.
Surprised that GC and GBA made more money than PS2, that's what I call impressive.

Around the Network

The chart is probably the most accurate we could get at this point. But it's certainly not a 100%.

Though i have very little doubt Nintendo is indeed the most succesful gaming company.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

This chart has been the centerpiece of a few threads on the site already, so I don't really want to belabor the point.

All I'll say is it's a very impressive accomplishment from Nintendo that it was able to stay in the black for so long, especially considering how poorly GCN did in comparison to its competitors.

However, one could argue that Sony and Microsoft needed to suffer some of these losses to avoid even greater losses in the long term.

Nintendo, Sony and MS are enough? What is with Sega? Atari? EA? Activision? Capcom? Namco Bandai?

This table is severely lacking if you talk about being the most successful gaming company. Even if you talk only about manufacturers it should include Sega and Atari. Also in this case it would make sense to look deeper into the numbers, separating game-revenues from revenues through hardware.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

What's responsible for the big drop in 2010? Announcement of Wii U??

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

So Nintendo has never had a loss or a year?  Wow impressive.