By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is the most successful gamin

Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:
Not really the full story. It's their brand that has lost a lot of value instead. Instead of dipping into their savings to keep a strong market share with aggressive price cuts and marketing, they focused only on keeping out of the red.

Sony can learn a lot from Nintendo.

In what way?

Putting a bigger emphasis on software rather than hardware as far as handhelds go. Actually learning that the handheld market's key demographic is kids rather than teens and adults.

Very true. I don't see how it relates to my original point though, regarding the losses made to the Nintendo brand.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

I found something of equal value to add to the original post:

HURRDURR seems to be leading NOW, which is the important thing.

Osc89 said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:
Not really the full story. It's their brand that has lost a lot of value instead. Instead of dipping into their savings to keep a strong market share with aggressive price cuts and marketing, they focused only on keeping out of the red.

In what way?

Putting a bigger emphasis on software rather than hardware as far as handhelds go. Actually learning that the handheld market's key demographic is kids rather than teens and adults.

Very true. I don't see how it relates to my original point though, regarding the losses made to the Nintendo brand.

Yeah he just kinda went in a different direction from your post, I was just answering in what way Sony can learn from Nintendo. I agree with your first post, it's damaging to a product to get negative feedback like the Wii U is getting. Especially since the leapfrog leappad didn't get the attention and positive feedback Nintendo was hoping for.

Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Like how to get back into the black quick and not lose money for years as a company.

Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Yeah he just kinda went in a different direction from your post, I was just answering in what way Sony can learn from Nintendo. I agree with your first post, it's damaging to a product to get negative feedback like the Wii U is getting. Especially since the leapfrog leappad didn't get the attention and positive feedback Nintendo was hoping for.

Microsoft and Sony gets negative feedback too.  We all know about the feedback Microsoft gets, but behind closed doors at home we talk about how the Sony PS4 looks and the black thing on its controller.  I just don't talk like that online.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Like how to get back into the black quick and not lose money for years as a company.

Very true, but doesn't have anything to do with the value lost to the Nintendo brand.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

PigPen said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Microsoft and Sony gets negative feedback too.  We all know about the feedback Microsoft gets, but behind closed doors at home we talk about how the Sony PS4 looks and the black thing on its controller.  I just don't talk like that online.

Sure, we'll see how the Xbox and Ps fair once they hit the market and months after. But right not the U is on the market and it's not lifting units as a consumer you look at the product and notice it's not very popular/desirable, the longer the Wii U stays on the shelves the more damaging it is to the product, Vita is going through the same thing but imo vita is done, Wii U still has a chance. And I'm not talking about negative feedback from online, the negative feedback is that no ones purchasing this thing so 2 things either Nintendo's marketing is just bad or the product is just bad probably a little of both.

PigPen said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Sony's gaming division has been in the black for quite some time now. It's mostly their T.V. division that's hurting them. Without it Sony would be making a healthy profit. Are you suggesting Nintendo can teach Sony how to run a succesful television business?

Used to be the biggest gaming company. Not anymore.

Lawlight said:
Used to be the biggest gaming company. Not anymore.

Nah the stil are, 3DS assures that.