By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is the most successful gamin

BasilZero said:
Already posted: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136006&page=1

About 2 years ago.

Ehh, i won't close it. Has to be a statute of limitations on that thing, and we would likely have locked that thread if it had been necroed.

if another mod wants to, go ahead, but i say let it lie.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Never lost money on hardware, and silly people talk "going the way of Sega".

kowenicki said:

The reasons why this chart is utter garbage are well recorded over the last 3 years that it has been dragged kicking and screaming from its grave.

So I won't repeat them all here.

It's good for the newbies like myself.  That's a understatement, I not really new.

No one's ever doubted or denied that Nintendo has been the most successful video game company in history. It has been, certainly. Notice that is past tense, though. Nintendo's been posting operating losses for more than two years now. Never before has the company had so much difficulty in console transitions. 3DS and Wii U both had very, very rough starts. 3DS is just now coming into it's own outside of Japan. Wii U needs this holiday's lineup to be very well-received in order for Nintendo to maintain the status quo with their business model, otherwise come next year they will be forced to change their ways. Iwata is not irreplaceable. Not to the shareholders, anyway.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Fusioncode said:
Why do people keep using this chart?

Why do you hate it.

Around the Network
Wright said:

"Proof_that_Nintendo_is_the_most_successful_gamin"

Incomplete title? What I am looking at, OP?

Maybe "gamin" are a gamer version of "Pikmin"

In regards to the chart, it should consider putting Atari and Sega on there.  They DID compete with Nintendo at times.

Wright said:

"Proof_that_Nintendo_is_the_most_successful_gamin"

Incomplete title? What I am looking at, OP?

maybe he died when he wrote it

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

"It prints money"

Seece said:
chidori-chan2 said:

Add this image for you topic OP.

Except it isn't printing them money this time is it? For the first time in their existnce they're seeing losses. All the while MS are currently making billions. I agree with Kowen to an extent, the here and now is much more telling.

Even still with the 3DS kicking a$$, Nintendo never lost money on any generation.

Not really the full story. It's their brand that has lost a lot of value instead. Instead of dipping into their savings to keep a strong market share with aggressive price cuts and marketing, they focused only on keeping out of the red.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89