By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is the most successful gamin

Why do people keep using this chart?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

...yet, Playstation is number 1 all time in home console sales. Go figure.

It's interesting how much money Microsoft has lost.

The chart is a little outdated, Nintendo has lost money for the first time a year ago and isn't doing so hot this fiscal year either so far (posting operating losses but a net profit thanks to a depreciating yen).

Oh is that time of the year, ...

Around the Network

Add this image for you topic OP.

chidori-chan2 said:

Add this image for you topic OP.

Except it isn't printing them money this time is it? For the first time in their existnce they're seeing losses. All the while MS are currently making billions. I agree with Kowen to an extent, the here and now is much more telling.

And why does this chart keep popping up every few months....?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
This chart has been the centerpiece of a few threads on the site already, so I don't really want to belabor the point.

All I'll say is it's a very impressive accomplishment from Nintendo that it was able to stay in the black for so long, especially considering how poorly GCN did in comparison to its competitors.

However, one could argue that Sony and Microsoft needed to suffer some of these losses to avoid even greater losses in the long term.

the bolded doesn't mean much when we know nintendo wasn't taking losses on gamecube sales.

prayformojo said:

...yet, Playstation is number 1 all time in home console sales. Go figure.

That's what I call bad business, then.

Anyway, the last three years has been of the worst, even with loses.

And no, the today is not the more important thing, without context of the time the OP means.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile