By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is the most successful gamin

The recent sales of 3DS consoles and MH4 show me that not only are they the top dog, if they came out in support of some god awful inhuman things like murder, rape, and genocide; a massive amount of people would have the position of 'let's hear them out.'

It's utterly insane how successful that 3DS is right now.

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
PigPen said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:
Not really the full story. It's their brand that has lost a lot of value instead. Instead of dipping into their savings to keep a strong market share with aggressive price cuts and marketing, they focused only on keeping out of the red.

Sony can learn a lot from Nintendo.

In what way?

Putting a bigger emphasis on software rather than hardware as far as handhelds go. Actually learning that the handheld market's key demographic is kids rather than teens and adults.

Very true. I don't see how it relates to my original point though, regarding the losses made to the Nintendo brand.

Yeah he just kinda went in a different direction from your post, I was just answering in what way Sony can learn from Nintendo. I agree with your first post, it's damaging to a product to get negative feedback like the Wii U is getting. Especially since the leapfrog leappad didn't get the attention and positive feedback Nintendo was hoping for.

Microsoft and Sony gets negative feedback too.  We all know about the feedback Microsoft gets, but behind closed doors at home we talk about how the Sony PS4 looks and the black thing on its controller.  I just don't talk like that online.

Sure, we'll see how the Xbox and Ps fair once they hit the market and months after. But right not the U is on the market and it's not lifting units as a consumer you look at the product and notice it's not very popular/desirable, the longer the Wii U stays on the shelves the more damaging it is to the product, Vita is going through the same thing but imo vita is done, Wii U still has a chance. And I'm not talking about negative feedback from online, the negative feedback is that no ones purchasing this thing so 2 things either Nintendo's marketing is just bad or the product is just bad probably a little of both.

IDK about that. Look at Sony with the PS3. Those things sat on shelves for close to a year and now the are second this gen.

Cubedramirez said:
The recent sales of 3DS consoles and MH4 show me that not only are they the top dog, if they came out in support of some god awful inhuman things like murder, rape, and genocide; a massive amount of people would have the position of 'let's hear them out.'

It's utterly insane how successful that 3DS is right now.

U wouldnt hear them out?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Cj2i3 said:
PigPen said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:
Not really the full story. It's their brand that has lost a lot of value instead. Instead of dipping into their savings to keep a strong market share with aggressive price cuts and marketing, they focused only on keeping out of the red.

In what way?

Putting a bigger emphasis on software rather than hardware as far as handhelds go. Actually learning that the handheld market's key demographic is kids rather than teens and adults.

Very true. I don't see how it relates to my original point though, regarding the losses made to the Nintendo brand.

Yeah he just kinda went in a different direction from your post, I was just answering in what way Sony can learn from Nintendo. I agree with your first post, it's damaging to a product to get negative feedback like the Wii U is getting. Especially since the leapfrog leappad didn't get the attention and positive feedback Nintendo was hoping for.

Microsoft and Sony gets negative feedback too.  We all know about the feedback Microsoft gets, but behind closed doors at home we talk about how the Sony PS4 looks and the black thing on its controller.  I just don't talk like that online.

Sure, we'll see how the Xbox and Ps fair once they hit the market and months after. But right not the U is on the market and it's not lifting units as a consumer you look at the product and notice it's not very popular/desirable, the longer the Wii U stays on the shelves the more damaging it is to the product, Vita is going through the same thing but imo vita is done, Wii U still has a chance. And I'm not talking about negative feedback from online, the negative feedback is that no ones purchasing this thing so 2 things either Nintendo's marketing is just bad or the product is just bad probably a little of both.

IDK about that. Look at Sony with the PS3. Those things sat on shelves for close to a year and now the are second this gen.

Hence why I said Wii U has a chance. The tablet was supposed to be the aspect of the Wii U that forced the consumer to purchase it like the motion controller was. Unfortunately for Nintendo that isn't the case, so it's gonna take a hefty amount of software to pull people in which fortunately Nintendo does have.

Seece said:
Lawlight said:
Used to be the biggest gaming company. Not anymore.

Nah the stil are, 3DS assures that.

How? Just because it is doing well in Japan?

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Like they are doing with the WiiU? lol, come on now.

Lawlight said:
Seece said:
Lawlight said:

Its doing well in USA/Europe, its doing amazing in Japan

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Lawlight said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

He specifically said handhelds

Lawlight said:
Cj2i3 said:
Osc89 said:
PigPen said:
Osc89 said:

In what way?

Last I checked Wii U will be getting its bigger titles in the next few months. While nothing major has been announced for the Vita since Tearaway, KZ MC, and Soul Sacrifice at last years E3. I mean I guess Vita will be getting some LittleBigPlanet costumes soon and Tearaway, so that's pretty big news for Vita.

And just FYI I mentioned handhelds, Sony's fine in the console department. They just need to cut down on R&D and from what I've heard they have.

zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
Seece said:
Lawlight said:

Its doing well in USA/Europe, its doing amazing in Japan

It's doing ok in USA/Europe. It's no PSP, that's for sure.