By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you sacrifice one of the big 3 for Sega?

Would you?

Down with Nintendo! 57 9.55%

Down with Sony! 93 15.58%

Down with Microsoft! 266 44.56%

Sega stays 3rd party 99 16.58%

Down with Apple! (SR) 82 13.74%

Total:597
TheLastStarFighter said:
I do miss the days of true games companies competing. Nintendo and Sega, games were their business. They lived and died by their arcade machines, consoles and software. Sony and MS joining the games industry was in some ways good - it pushed certain things forward and mainstream - but in many ways bad - they don't truly care about gamers per se, they use machines to push other products. Both Sony and MS have used expensive, money-losing systems as a way to try to conquer the industry. It's bad for it. It's pushed tech further than it should be. As consumers we win because we get systems cheaper than they should be, but the industry loses with unsustainable business models, costly AAA titles and bankruptcies.

I would welcome Sega back as a hardware maker. If I had to pick one to leave to make room, right now it would probably be MS. Nintendo is a true games-only company so I want them to stay forever. 7 years ago I would have said Sony could leave because I was pissed at them for using the Playstation brand to push Blu-Ray. Right now, despite owning XBox1&2, I'm most unhappy with MS. I think the next machine is going to be used to push Windows hard. They are going to push PC connectivity, Windows Phone connectivity... I think it's going to be one big marketing tool. They are also pushing the subcription model harder too, which I hate. Sucking money out of us. I don't really want to see any company gone, but I am always in favor of any company that is in the business for games and for gamers. So right now I'd take Sega over MS, though I hope I'm plesantly surprised by the next XBox and MS's games strategy.

Great post :)

@OP: Would the software exclusive to the system on the chopping block disappear forever? If that's the case, then I say no one should go. Microsoft should stay for Halo alone. However, if the software would endure beyond the closure of the company, then I would sacrifice Microsoft for Sega -- for exactly the reasons StarFighter articulated. I've actually warmed up a lot to Sega over the past two years -- I wish I had supported them earlier in my life, before they bowed out of the hardware business.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i would love to sega get reborn just to get killed again by sony !!!

muahahahhahahhahahhahahh

That's cruel. You know what, scratch that get rid of Sony :P

just let the old SEGA R.I.P.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Netyaroze said:
Yeah the Sega we knew died. I don't need a Sega system tbh. All I need is Sega making more good games. 

Sega CEO: We Can’t Make a Skies of Arcadia Sequel Because We’d Probably Let You Down

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SEGA!!!

:(

Around the Network

no, i dont care for sega one bit

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i would love to sega get reborn just to get killed again by sony !!!

muahahahhahahhahahhahahh

Now I want to redo my vote on the poll. I voted MS, because they have no 1st-party I care about, but now I would vote Sony, only to get the fans of the brand back to earth.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Easily Microsoft. I'd rather Microsoft publish their few good franchises and let companies who can actually create innovative experiences through hardware like Sony, Nintendo and Sega stick around because the industry needs them. Microsoft does much more harm to the industry than good, of course they have contributions like pushing online but that's about it.

take Sony any day

I would love to have Sega back to go back to the golden age where Nintendo and Sega fought over the market

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Ronster316 said:
I would take Shenmue 3 over ANYTHING that sony and microsoft are churning out.

I would probably trade a child for Shenmue 3.  I don't have any so I can't tell you definitively that I would, but I think so.  I would at least trade the entirety of Sony 1st Party releases (even though I would miss God of War BADLY) for Shenmue 3.