By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you sacrifice one of the big 3 for Sega?

Would you?

Down with Nintendo! 57 9.55%

Down with Sony! 93 15.58%

Down with Microsoft! 266 44.56%

Sega stays 3rd party 99 16.58%

Down with Apple! (SR) 82 13.74%

Total:597

You kill Microsoft simple. Why because Nintendo innovates and brings you systems to play Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby and other awesome franchises. Also look at the game pad on WII U and the WII. Sony has a tons of great first party games and the power system Nintendo does not offer. Microsoft has Halo, Fable, Project Gotham Racing, Forza and some good PC games like Age of Empires but the fact they charge users to play half of a game they paid for (online access) and what the way they have criminally misused Rare makes them completely expendable.

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
You kill Microsoft simple. Why because Nintendo innovates and brings you systems to play Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby and other awesome franchises. Also look at the game pad on WII U and the WII. Sony has a tons of great first party games and the power system Nintendo does not offer. Microsoft has Halo, Fable, Project Gotham Racing, Forza and some good PC games like Age of Empires but the fact they charge users to play half of a game they paid for (online access) and what the way they have criminally misused Rare makes them completely expendable.

Be careful what you say about MS some bad stuff can happen with mods.  Just a fair warning I made a very similar statement recently.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

BaldrSkies said:
No, Sega is way more successful now just making and publishing games.

What game is that in your sig?

OP: Microsoft easily...their Kinect focus essientally killed them off to me

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

As much as I dislike a certain company (don't expect me to reveal which one) I think it would be best to keep all 3 at this point. They've all made important contributions.

But if I really had to choose, I'd say down with Microsoft. :D

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

J_Allard said:
Kill Sony, bring back Sega.

Nintendo - Great cheaper "secondary/last-gen" 1st party titles
Sega - Amazing next gen 1st party titles/innovations
MS - Amazing XBLA stuff, Live

Sounds good.

So you would kill the one making games and releasing new IP even at the end of the generation to keep an online service you pay a yearly fee for? Facepalm....................................................................

Around the Network

Microsoft, because I really don't feel like they contribute a whole bunch compared to Nintendo or Sony... or at least to me they don't.

ShadowSoldier said:
BaldrSkies said:
No, Sega is way more successful now just making and publishing games.

What game is that in your sig?

OP: Microsoft easily...their Kinect focus essientally killed them off to me

The upcoming Legend of Heroes game from Falcom!

according to the poll, there are 168 microsoft fans on this site :D

I would sacrifice all of them. But I think I would go with MS, just because they kind of replaced them to begin with.

MS is about to sacrifice itself, so no need to get our hands dirty.