By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you sacrifice one of the big 3 for Sega?

Would you?

Down with Nintendo! 57 9.55%

Down with Sony! 93 15.58%

Down with Microsoft! 266 44.56%

Sega stays 3rd party 99 16.58%

Down with Apple! (SR) 82 13.74%

Total:597

Sega!

If you were given the choice of making one of the big 3 die in order to get Sega back in the system business would you? I would personally kill off Microsoft because as of now they are my least favorite of the 3. I would want Sega back with the hopes that they would take more risks and bring some of their older IP's back. 

I wouldn't want Nintendo gone because I like their innovations in terms of systems. I like the 3D in the 3DS, and I like the idea behind the Gamepad (even though I never tried it) and I wouldn't sacrifice either innovation for more powerful tech. Plus, I feel if Nintendo went 3rd party they wouldn't try as hard or just stop all together.

I considered "sacrificing" Sony in this hypothetical situation for my own greed of having Sony games go 3rd party. I found this to be wrong though as Sony has enough good IP's to warrant their place in the system market. They wouldn't deserve it IMO. On the other hand, they forced Sega out and I don't think they deserved it...well game-wise at least. They did make some pretty dumb mistakes.

Anyway, I would kill off Microsoft, you?

Around the Network

Microsoft, because they don't give a single crap about us

No, Sega is way more successful now just making and publishing games.

It's too hard to choose one to kill off... but if I could I would choose Nintendo for now. And then bring them back when they're better.

But that's if you put a gun to my head.

if it was the sega of old i would trade all three for them.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
No, Sega is way more successful now just making and publishing games.

Yeah, this.

I would sacrifice Microsoft to get Yakuza 5 localized, though.

sony & microsoft should both sod off to make way (more so sony)

If SEGA could get back their workers that left for the likes of Nuaghty Dog or went independant, then they could be a force again.

PLUS......... extra money & Yu Suzuki given freedom to make a game= Shenmue 3

I'd kill Microsoft without a second thought. Sony and Nintendo are keepers, though. There are very few first-party franchises from Microsoft that I care about, and even then, 343 Industries can give us Halo 5 on PS4/Wii U. Doesn't bother me.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I would take Shenmue 3 over ANYTHING that sony and microsoft are churning out.

Are the people asking for Shenmue 3 referring to this?
http://gematsu.com/2013/03/yu-suzuki-considering-crowdfunding-for-shenmue-iii