By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you sacrifice one of the big 3 for Sega?

Would you?

Down with Nintendo! 57 9.55%

Down with Sony! 93 15.58%

Down with Microsoft! 266 44.56%

Sega stays 3rd party 99 16.58%

Down with Apple! (SR) 82 13.74%

Total:597

Easily Microsoft. They might as well not exist for my gaming tastes. Realistically though Sega as third part, while a sad day, has worked out better than I expected.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Ronster316 said:

sony & microsoft should both sod off to make way (more so sony)

If SEGA could get back their workers that left for the likes of Nuaghty Dog or went independant, then they could be a force again.

PLUS......... extra money & Yu Suzuki given freedom to make a game= Shenmue 3

If anyone should die for the sake of SEGA it should be Sony since the reason SEGA died was due to Sony enterting the console race and sucking up all the market. Nintendo and Sega were rivals, but neither came close to killing the other. Sony killed Sega and damaged Nintendo so badly only motion controls saved them. MS was a friend of SEGA and even partnered to put WinCE on the Dreamcast.

Indeed............ the Famicom-playstation article i have shows the seedy lengths that Ken Kuturagi and sony went to in order to get in to the console business.

I aint shown it here in a while, but documents like that are never too far away from me.

Sega does what Nintendon't, so you can;t sacrifice Nintendo for Sega. I also wouldn't sacrifice Sony because Sony succeeded in developing a console which can hold it's own against Nintendo, and really helped push the JRPG envelop, and remove development obstacles (Like N64/Gamecube Cartridge space).

Microsoft however is it's own thing, but could I sacrifice them? I dunno. Microsoft helped transition western PC games onto consoles, and have a unique library. Gears of War and Mass Effect, while not Microsoft IP's, were brought to frutation because of Microsoft, and they also made Halo last gen. MS has the capability of making a great IP every couple years.

Apple however.... iPad games are mindless crap, and they are hurting Nintendo handheld sales. I say down with Apple.

If I were restricting myself to the big three though, I wouldn't kill anyone off. Instead I think Nintendo should buy Sega/Sammy, and Make sega games exclusive to Nintendo. Sega makes games which mirror Nintendo, and I think they both have an overlapping audience. Having Sega games exclusive to Nintendo would really give Nintendo a portfolio.

-----

Think about it, who makes the best JRPG's? Square Enix (which is shifting a lot of their attention/exclusives to Nintendo lately), Nintendo (XenoBlade, Last Story, Paper Mario, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, etc), Sega (Valkyria Chronicles, Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon, Shining, etc) and Namco (Tales of Series). Tales games typically go exclusive on random platforms, but as long as Nintendo gets 1 Tales exclusive, Nintendo would be king for JRPG's.

Now what about Platformers? What are the big names? Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo Kazooie. Kirby and Yoshi, among others. Nintendo has most of the big names, adding Sonic would give Nintendo another universe of platformers (much like Kirby is in a different universe then Mario/DK/Yoshi). Nintendo wouldn't be the definate king, especially if MS pulls their heads together and develops a good Conker/Banjo Kazooie game, but they would be on top.

Plus Nintendo, Sega, and Konami are the only people who publish Platnium Studio games, this would make that studio appear almost as exclusive to Nintendo.

Plus I think a lot of Sega's smaller franchises suite Nintendo, meaning Nintendo fans would likely purchase them. Games like GunStar Heros, Otogi, Shenmui, Super Monkey Ball, Shinobi, and Vectorman. The only Sega IP which looks out of place on a Nintendo Platform is Yakuza, but that would really help Nintendo.

-----

So no one should be removed, Sega should merge with Nintendo and make a proper 2D Sonic the Hedgehog game, plus a few exclusive JRPG's.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I'd sacrifice Apple as I don't really care for any of the moves they've made in regards to gaming. Sega is fine where they are.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@kain_kusanagi. We could also credit the gameboy/DS line and pokemon for helping Nintendo out, just a bit ;)

Around the Network

I would sacrifice anyone to get an HD version of Valkyria Chronicles 2/3 (and have them localized!)

Ronster316 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Ronster316 said:

sony & microsoft should both sod off to make way (more so sony)

If SEGA could get back their workers that left for the likes of Nuaghty Dog or went independant, then they could be a force again.

PLUS......... extra money & Yu Suzuki given freedom to make a game= Shenmue 3

If anyone should die for the sake of SEGA it should be Sony since the reason SEGA died was due to Sony enterting the console race and sucking up all the market. Nintendo and Sega were rivals, but neither came close to killing the other. Sony killed Sega and damaged Nintendo so badly only motion controls saved them. MS was a friend of SEGA and even partnered to put WinCE on the Dreamcast.

Indeed............ the Famicom-playstation article i have shows the seedy lengths that Ken Kuturagi and sony went to in order to get in to the console business.

I aint shown it here in a while, but documents like that are never too far away from me.

Sweet Jesus...they've partnered.

Lots of sega employees joined microsoft but if i had to choose witch company to kill off it would be microsoft. Microsoft is useless to me. Every game I want on their system is also on the PC. I love nintendo and sony because of their exclusives not on the pc. I can literally name 3 franchises that are exclusive to xbox that are actually good. Plus if microsoft leaves, maybe just maybe rare can be good again.

I dislike Microsoft, but I'm afraid that SEGA would only doom themselves again.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

kill off microsoft? move halo and gears over to other consoles, put fable on playstation, and resurect SEGA?
sounds good :)

they could call it the SEGA Exodus, because they will be liberated from slavery to the other consoles (like Moses n shit)