By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you sacrifice one of the big 3 for Sega?

Would you?

Down with Nintendo! 57 9.55%

Down with Sony! 93 15.58%

Down with Microsoft! 266 44.56%

Sega stays 3rd party 99 16.58%

Down with Apple! (SR) 82 13.74%

Total:597
theprof00 said:
MS is about to sacrifice itself, so no need to get our hands dirty.

lol XD

Around the Network

I expect a lot of these people who are complaining about MSFT to pick up a '720' later. :/ Irony?

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

All this talk about sacrifice is making me want to play Soul Sacrifice.

The way the poll's gone I can just picture all these people standing around Microsoft and clenching their right hand.

I would bring Sega back by killing one of the others, however I be afraid they just fuck it up again and be forced out of the console market, and we'd have even less choice than now.

BaldrSkies said:

All this talk about sacrifice is making me want to play Soul Sacrifice.

The way the poll's gone I can just picture all these people standing around Microsoft and clenching their right hand.

I was thinking the SAME thing actually!

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Magnus86 said:
J_Allard said:
Kill Sony, bring back Sega.

Nintendo - Great cheaper "secondary/last-gen" 1st party titles
Sega - Amazing next gen 1st party titles/innovations
MS - Amazing XBLA stuff, Live

Sounds good.

So you would kill the one making games and releasing new IP even at the end of the generation to keep an online service you pay a yearly fee for? Facepalm....................................................................

I think they all make games bro, that's why they all release consoles.

Sega isn't really equipped to be a console manufacturer these days...even in their prime they would not be able to deliver a console that would compete with what people call 'AAA' games these days.

Segas strength was coming up with awesome gameplay mechanics and then using latest technology, developing video games around those mechanics. Games that are fun for 15 minutes at a time or 15 hours straight. That type of gaming has been pushed aside to places like Xbox live and isn't at the forefront of the industry anymore. These days games like Trails or Geometry Wars are more classic Sega like than games Sega are making themselves...

Only path that I see for Sega which could include a console in the future is the path of an Android console manufacturer, much like Ouya. In fact that would be a perfect avenue for Sega to do its own thing and release some of the dozens of great IPs they are sitting on.

This thread makes me miss my dreamcast

If you mean by hardware, no, Sega is better off as a software company.

Nobody likes Microsoft? Interesting.

I do like the idea of Nintendo or even Sony buying Sega though. Too bad that will never happen...