By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't you support your beloved Nintendo?

Kaizar said:

As long as its at least 720x720, then it's HD, specifically 720p in this case.

I'm pretty sure.

it's exactly the same resolution as for the 360 and ps3 but you said wii u version is the only hd version outside pc. what you see as hd or not is up to you but 720p is 1280x720.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Jay520 said:
Jumpin said:
fordy said:
Are you saying this is how your own beloved brand got sales? With people putting up with mediocre 3rd party titles and buying them anyway? You REALLY should be demanding something better from them....

Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are not mediocre titles. Do you even know what mediocre means?

Mediocre means not very good, so it's subjective by nature. Since this thread is about Nintendo fans, it makes sense to look at those games from the perspective of Nintendo fans. In which case, most may agree that those are mediocre titles.

What are you basing this on?

The fact that the biggest complaints for Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are their heavy focus on presentation and lack of focus on engaging gameplay - the absolute opposite of the games that Nintendo fans tend to enjoy.

Deyon said:

Fixed the OP so you people could stop misunderstanding me. And PLEASE stop quoting the OP!!!

What's there to misunderstand? Your point was that it's "whiney" Nintendo fans' fault (not a good start if you want people to see your point of view, right off the bat), for Wii and now I suppose Wii U "not getting" 3rd party ports. The first thing that is wrong with that argument, is that while not all, many of the launch titles were ports that were rushed to meet the launch window, meaning they didn't get the time for polish and quality that they should have. The second problem is that we have a pretty rough economy right now, so spending $400+ on a new console and some games isn't exactly "Oh OKAY let's do it!" territory for a lot of folks. Third, not everyone likes  some of those games, not even all owners of Xbox or Playstation consoles. It's good Nintendo's console is getting them, and I feel confident it will ultimately continue to get them this time around. But as I said before, the sales won't pick up until the system has a larger user base. Why should most "Nintendo fans" who bought the console right away, feel obligated to buy a bunch of games they don't actually want to play, just to "show 3rd parties these games sell on Wii U"? ACIII's sales so far on Wii U obvisouly didn't deter Ubisoft from bringing ACIV to it, nor bringing Watch Dogs to the console.

Ever since the NES, most of the games I have owned on Nintendo home consoles (meaning over half) have always been 3rd party, non-Nintendo games. I am not this imaginary "Nintendo Fan" you and certain others seem to perceive as someone who ONLY buys Nintendo published games, or ONLY their big franchises, and that's it. I've never been that way and never will be. I play what I like and enjoy. It just so happens that gaming in general has kind of turn down a different direction than the one that appeals to me, so a lot of 3rd party (or even MS or Sony 1st party) games these days simply do not appeal to my gaming sensibilities.  Like I said, I'll buy 3rd party games when ones that I'm actually interested in, like Wonderful 101, etc., come out down the road. If Namco would be nice enough to release Tekken x SF for Wii U, for example, I'd gladly buy that for Wii U instead of my PS3, but if they don't, then what are you gonna do? I was certainly leaning towards getting Aliens on Wii U, but now that it appears the other versions suck complete ass becasue Gearbox sucks at life, and the Wii U version may not ever even come out now.....well then I guess I might not get it after all. I was also strongly leaning towards buying Rayman, but since Ubisoft are money whores who want to go and delay a finished game, making us Wii U owners wait, I might not get it now, because by September there will undoubtedly be other games demanding my $$$$. See how that works?

And honestly man, you can't tell people to quit responding to your OP. The OP is your opening statement, it's the first thing anyone reads when they even bother clicking on this, and it WAS your entire "point" to begin with. So why WOULDN'T people respond directly to it? What else would you like them to respond to? Why else did you even start the thread then?

Just saying.

Probably because Nintendo fans with one of those consoles who were interested in CoD didn't want to wait months to not be able to play with their friends in a online multiplayer-focused game.

Or because Assassin's Creed 3 on PS3 comes with extra content.

But my bet is on Nintendo fans are all talk.

Player2 said:

Probably because Nintendo fans with one of those consoles who were interested in CoD didn't want to wait months to not be able to play with their friends in a online multiplayer-focused game.

So, just like Sony fans? Why have so few of you gotten PSABR? You can play this game both ways :P

Around the Network
KHlover said:
Player2 said:

So, just like Sony fans? Why have so few of you gotten PSABR? You can play this game both ways :P

*cough*sarcasm*cough*relatedthread*cough*

crissindahouse said:
Kaizar said:

As long as its at least 720x720, then it's HD, specifically 720p in this case.

I'm pretty sure.

it's exactly the same resolution as for the 360 and ps3 but you said wii u version is the only hd version outside pc. what you see as hd or not is up to you but 720p is 1280x720.

Well I heard the PS3 & 360 had like 540p for this game, but if that's wrong, then okay.

Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan who bought CoD or Assassin's Creed 3 on the PS3/Xbox360 should've bought those games on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

Well, do you really think significant amounts of Nintendo-fans bought these games at all? Also on PS3/X360? I don't think so.

I didn't bought COD or AC. I bought Batman for WiiU, although it is a year late. I bought Darksiders for WiiU. I bought Sega Racing, Tank!Tank!Tank! and ZombiU. So I buy third-party-stuff for WiiU, even multiplats. But that doesn't mean I start to buy COD although I have no interest in this game. So I think your assumption is wrong, that Nintendo-fans bought these games on other platforms.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Deyon said:
mii-gamer said:

you can't expect every nintendo fan to buy these game. Maybe it's not their type of game, maybe they dont have the money or maybe they dont have a wii u yet. Please don't generalize.

Those are the 2 most popular/biggest franchises this gen, if Nintendo fans don't want them i don't know what they want.

These aren't the most popular franchises this gen. Nintendo-fans probably want WiiSportsResortU - an even bigger franchise. Also Mario Kart and 2D-Mario are bigger franchises. You should've said: two OF the most popular franchises.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, I own 5 games for my wii u, 4 of them are 3rd party games, and the last one was nintendo land that I got with the package.