By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't you support your beloved Nintendo?

Devs are lazy and make crappy ports, thats why people dont buy them.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Well, I see this thread is another: "stupid and evil Nintendo-fans don't buy godly 3rd-party". Well, let's take a look. You claim AC and COD are "the 2 most popular/biggest franchises this gen". OK, let's compare with another 3rd-party-franchise - Just Dance.

AC I (X360): 5.26M
AC I (PS3): 4.52M
AC II (PS3): 5.34M
AC II (X360): 5.07M
AC III (PS3): 4.66M
AC III (X360): 4.14M

Call of Duty is much bigger (>10M per title), but it is also that much, that I don't look into the sales detailed.

Just Dance (Wii): 6.95M
Just Dance 2 (Wii): 9.38M
Just Dance 3 (Wii): 9.77M
Just Dance 4 (Wii): 5.19M

You see Just Dance is a smaller franchise than COD but bigger than AC and is fully supported by Nintendo-fans. So the assumption to your thread is already wrong: Nintendo-faans support third-party. The 3rd-party only has to care about the Nintendo-fans.

And just for laughs:
Just Dance 4 (X360): 0.84M
Just dance 4 (PS3): 0.24M
Am I now allowed to assume, that Sony- and MS-fans don't support 3rd-parties?

AC1, 2 and 3 are split between two primary platforms, just dance requires non-essential hardware for the ps3/360 to function, where as with the wii that hardware is included with the console, but i degress, once just dance went multiplatform with 4 (3 appeared on 360 but was somewhat of a misnomer), the overall wii sales for it dropped.

Either way dancing games on the ps3 and 360 are a niche market based on the average age of the core audience, however titles such as AC appeal more to the average gamer on the ps3 and 360, thus splitting the sales, but since we're talking about FRANCHISES, and not individual console sales, combine them and see if your argument still holds true.

AC I (console): 9.78M
AC II (console): 10.41M
AC III (console): 8.80M

AC I (all): 10.54M
AC II (all): 10.88M
AC III (all): 9.25M

The all ammount includes PC version physical copies only, purchases made on steam/origin/etc digital content providers is not included, with are more often than not significantly higher than the physical copy counterparts.

Just Dance (Wii): 6.95M
Just Dance 2 (Wii): 9.38M
Just Dance 3 (Wii): 9.77M
Just Dance 4 (Wii): 5.19M + 1.08m - 6.27m

That's before factoring in the PC sales for AC 1 2 and 3, too.

I bought 6 3rd party games for my Wii U already.

pezus said:
Jay520 said:
Jumpin said:
Jay520 said:
Jumpin said:
fordy said:
Are you saying this is how your own beloved brand got sales? With people putting up with mediocre 3rd party titles and buying them anyway? You REALLY should be demanding something better from them....

Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are not mediocre titles. Do you even know what mediocre means?

Mediocre means not very good, so it's subjective by nature. Since this thread is about Nintendo fans, it makes sense to look at those games from the perspective of Nintendo fans. In which case, most may agree that those are mediocre titles.

What are you basing this on?

The fact that the biggest complaints for Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are their heavy focus on presentation and lack of focus on engaging gameplay - the absolute opposite of the games that Nintendo fans tend to enjoy.

CoD certainly does not fall under that definition

Excluding online of course. Talking about singleplayer.

I vote for the games I want to play with my wallet, but the games have to be worth the cash.

Around the Network
Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan who bought CoD or Assassin's Creed 3 on the PS3/Xbox360 should've bought those games on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

I think you missunderstand something. I am Nintendo Fan and I dont care about third party anymore. Its mostly other people that whine about third party support. I mean sure it would be nice to have the third party support but that wont happen. Btw: 1 Game =/= support. Whining about a fanbase =/= support but thats another story.

I am pretty sure that after N64 and Gamecube well and Wii    alot of Nintendo fans are used to third party being absent. I am. Thats why I bought other systems starting with the Gamecube era but not for EA or Activison games for MORE games in general.

And I dont really care about third party anymore.  I mean they ignored the Nintendo fanbase with stupid excuses etc then promise something break their promises etc. they constantly do this.

They hide come out once per generation try a little bit and then give up   just to come back once per generation. They expect short term profit in a situation like this which is really dumb.

Why third party on Nintendo doesnt really work is this: 
They ignore Nintendo and constantly show N's userbase that third party is nothing you can count on/nothing you need. (the longer they are absent the harder it gets to convince Nintendo players that third party games are worth it) 

Then they try once to reach the nintendo fanbase and give up.
If other people are like me they WAIT and see if the third party game/port is good enough and then maybe buy the discounted game to see how it is or they wait for the second or third game in the series to come out. (to see if devs keep the quality level)

I am not willing to risk my 50-60 dollars anymore only to find out a game is shit thats why I wait for discounted games when it comes to third party games (but publishers automatically assume the game flopped which is not really true and then go back to ignore mode which automatically makes me hesistant to buy the next game again because if there is no constant support or the ports are handled by external studios there is no guaruantee the game will be good)
THIS IS STUPID!

They burned us so often that they NEED to convince us that the games are worth it!
( Yeah! Resident Evil for Wii!  Oh wait its a crappy rail shooter.....   Yeah! Dragon Quest for Wii!  oh wait its a crappy rail-rpg......  Yeah! Dead Space for Wii!  Oh wait its a crappy rail shooter.....   Stuff like this hurts the third party alot the games might be good but its not what people want! Or all those cheap 5 dollar production value games/shovelware....)

Thats the problem. Show me support that LASTS and then I might not be so scared and might actually buy a game. I mean the 60 dollars are worth more to me than to them since I dont earn 100000000 a month like  publishers do! 

Its not working because companies are stupid they want short term profit! With a userbase they abandoned. How should this work? They come out with cheap versions or shovelware and get their short term profit but at the same time establish themselves as crappy companies! The way to go would be  accept short term loss and establish quality brands/games (does not work with absence!!!!)  etc among the Nintendo userbase and then you can expect a steady increase of long term profit. This is how business works.

Lazyness prevents them from earning more money. Well whose fault is that? 

There is tons of ways to fix this problem  start with simple stuff like:

• Don't sell WiiU games for 70!!! while the PS360 version costs 60!!! THIS DOES NOT HELP!!!!!
  • WiiU versions of games should (for a year or so) come out 2 weeks prior to the competitions consoles. People that dont care what platform the game is on but that want to be among the first to play it will buy the WiiU version.
  • It makes no sense to bring out old games  or bring out games 1-2 week later to the new console (Call of Duty where most WiiU owners buy the other version anyway because their friends play other versions NOT WiiU FIX THIS WITH CROSS PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER!!!) or bring out single games and at the same time announce a trilogy for the competition. (Mass Effect).

P.S.
As mentioned above I started to buy other systems because there were not enough games on my Nintendo systems. BUT I almost only own exclusives for any console I have. I have like every first party game for PS2, PS3 and 360. I also have almost every second party game or third party exclusive. And if I have a "normal" third party games its only because the predecessor was an exclusive (like Dead or Alive 4/5)

This shows that my doubt about third party didnt disappear it found its way to my newer systems. Would be interesting to see how many former "Nintendo-only" players ignore games from EA/Activision etc... and bought their new consoles for MORE quality titles and not THIRD PARTY in general.

P.S. I also ignore almost every DLC game until it gets a GOTY edition (Borderlands 1, Batman Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4 etc.) or costs like $10 (Final Fantasy 13-2)

Flawed Summary:

1. Nintendo owners are partially scared to burn money because of third party quality.
  2. Nintendo owners are not used to third party and need time to get used to them.
  3. Nintendo owners cannot get used to third party because third party constantly disappears.
  4. Nintendo owners might be the most "aware"/conservative video game consumers (no DLC games etc.)
  5. Publishers should not focus on short term profit but on long term profit.
  6. Publishers should constantly support and not jump ship after 1 fail they should establish themselves its in their own interest.
  7. Publishers should do a Microsoft and accept a loss to gain access to a userbase/territory (MS doesnt give up Japan!)
  8. Publishers should work not whine!

If anyore made it to the end. Thank you for reading this mess ;)

JazzB1987 said:
Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan who bought CoD or Assassin's Creed 3 on the PS3/Xbox360 should've bought those games on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

I think you missunderstand something. I am Nintendo Fan and I dont care about third party anymore. Its mostly other people that whine about third party support. I mean sure it would be nice to have the third party support but that wont happen. Btw: 1 Game =/= support. Whining about a fanbase =/= support but thats another story.

I am pretty sure that after N64 and Gamecube well and Wii    alot of Nintendo fans are used to third party being absent. I am. Thats why I bought other systems starting with the Gamecube era but not for EA or Activison games for MORE games in general.

And I dont really care about third party anymore.  I mean they ignored the Nintendo fanbase with stupid excuses etc then promise something break their promises etc. they constantly do this.

They hide come out once per generation try a little bit and then give up   just to come back once per generation. They expect short term profit in a situation like this which is really dumb.

Why third party on Nintendo doesnt really work is this: 
They ignore Nintendo and constantly show N's userbase that third party is nothing you can count on/nothing you need. (the longer they are absent the harder it gets to convince Nintendo players that third party games are worth it) 

Then they try once to reach the nintendo fanbase and give up.
If other people are like me they WAIT and see if the third party game/port is good enough and then maybe buy the discounted game to see how it is or they wait for the second or third game in the series to come out. (to see if devs keep the quality level)

I am not willing to risk my 50-60 dollars anymore only to find out a game is shit thats why I wait for discounted games when it comes to third party games (but publishers automatically assume the game flopped which is not really true and then go back to ignore mode which automatically makes me hesistant to buy the next game again because if there is no constant support or the ports are handled by external studios there is no guaruantee the game will be good)
THIS IS STUPID!

They burned us so often that they NEED to convince us that the games are worth it!
( Yeah! Resident Evil for Wii!  Oh wait its a crappy rail shooter.....   Yeah! Dragon Quest for Wii!  oh wait its a crappy rail-rpg......  Yeah! Dead Space for Wii!  Oh wait its a crappy rail shooter.....   Stuff like this hurts the third party alot the games might be good but its not what people want! Or all those cheap 5 dollar production value games/shovelware....)

Thats the problem. Show me support that LASTS and then I might not be so scared and might actually buy a game. I mean the 60 dollars are worth more to me than to them since I dont earn 100000000 a month like  publishers do! 

Its not working because companies are stupid they want short term profit! With a userbase they abandoned. How should this work? They come out with cheap versions or shovelware and get their short term profit but at the same time establish themselves as crappy companies! The way to go would be  accept short term loss and establish quality brands/games (does not work with absence!!!!)  etc among the Nintendo userbase and then you can expect a steady increase of long term profit. This is how business works.

Lazyness prevents them from earning more money. Well whose fault is that? 

There is tons of ways to fix this problem  start with simple stuff like:

• Don't sell WiiU games for 70!!! while the PS360 version costs 60!!! THIS DOES NOT HELP!!!!!
  • WiiU versions of games should (for a year or so) come out 2 weeks prior to the competitions consoles. People that dont care what platform the game is on but that want to be among the first to play it will buy the WiiU version.
  • It makes no sense to bring out old games  or bring out games 1-2 week later to the new console (Call of Duty where most WiiU owners buy the other version anyway because their friends play other versions NOT WiiU FIX THIS WITH CROSS PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER!!!) or bring out single games and at the same time announce a trilogy for the competition. (Mass Effect).

P.S.
As mentioned above I started to buy other systems because there were not enough games on my Nintendo systems. BUT I almost only own exclusives for any console I have. I have like every first party game for PS2, PS3 and 360. I also have almost every second party game or third party exclusive. And if I have a "normal" third party games its only because the predecessor was an exclusive (like Dead or Alive 4/5)

This shows that my doubt about third party didnt disappear it found its way to my newer systems. Would be interesting to see how many former "Nintendo-only" players ignore games from EA/Activision etc... and bought their new consoles for MORE quality titles and not THIRD PARTY in general.

P.S. I also ignore almost every DLC game until it gets a GOTY edition (Borderlands 1, Batman Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4 etc.) or costs like $10 (Final Fantasy 13-2)

Flawed Summary:

1. Nintendo owners are partially scared to burn money because of third party quality.
  2. Nintendo owners are not used to third party and need time to get used to them.
  3. Nintendo owners cannot get used to third party because third party constantly disappears.
  4. Nintendo owners might be the most "aware"/conservative video game consumers (no DLC games etc.)
  5. Publishers should not focus on short term profit but on long term profit.
  6. Publishers should constantly support and not jump ship after 1 fail they should establish themselves its in their own interest.
  7. Publishers should do a Microsoft and accept a loss to gain access to a userbase/territory (MS doesnt give up Japan!)
  8. Publishers should work not whine!

If anyore made it to the end. Thank you for reading this mess ;)

You're welcome.  I actually agree with almost all of it, too.

done my part :D

Because if you buy Umbrella Chronicles, they'll just give you a shitty UC sequel instead of a true Resident Evil.

So now, we have to buy ports that are better on other consoles?

And according to your logic, if someone already played them, you are supposed to buy them TWICE?