By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't you support your beloved Nintendo?

I don't buy Nintendo consoles to play CoD or AC3.

I don't buy 360/PS3's for those games either. I don't play them.

I do however have a huge collection of good-great 3rd party games for the Wii. I fully supported every good effort made. However, I've no intention of ever getting a WiiU. And if I did I sure wouldn't be buying the same 3rd party games I could already buy - for less, or already own - on my 360.

Around the Network

Nintendo fans wants quality experiences and they also are very good at doing their research before they invest money on a game. They are'nt easily fooled by marketing hype, bullshit reviews of games that are praised(AC3) but in reality are mediocre. They also have a superior eye for true gaming craftsmanship, and a quick walkthrough of whatever games ep.1 on youtube is a pretty good indication of a games craftsmanship.

So far I only bought a single game for my PS3 this year. That game is Ni No Kuni, a game with superior craftsmanship that rivals Nintendo's best. Games like Uncharted and God of War are just fluff and a waste of time. There. I said it.

I guess a good game is a good game regardless of a platform but it seems like, since the DS, Nintendo has been designing its hardware for unique experiences. Do people want to use this unique hardware for games that don't take advantage of it? Yes, some third party games have additional features and some use the new hardware very well (Hard to go back to Arkham City on the Xbox after playing the Wii U version) but when I buy a new Nintendo console, I look for something that will show off the new features.

Everyone that's a fan of Call of Duty is already on the other platforms. Ditto with Assassin's Creed.

If you want a market on the Nintendo consoles, you'll have to make one there, first. PS360 franchises won't sell on the Wii U. Watch Dogs might do a little better, if there's good controller implementation (doubtful)

JazzB1987 said:
Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan who bought CoD or Assassin's Creed 3 on the PS3/Xbox360 should've bought those games on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

I think you missunderstand something. I am Nintendo Fan and I dont care about third party anymore. Its mostly other people that whine about third party support. I mean sure it would be nice to have the third party support but that wont happen. Btw: 1 Game =/= support. Whining about a fanbase =/= support but thats another story.

I am pretty sure that after N64 and Gamecube well and Wii    alot of Nintendo fans are used to third party being absent. I am. Thats why I bought other systems starting with the Gamecube era but not for EA or Activison games for MORE games in general.

And I dont really care about third party anymore.  I mean they ignored the Nintendo fanbase with stupid excuses etc then promise something break their promises etc. they constantly do this.

They hide come out once per generation try a little bit and then give up   just to come back once per generation. They expect short term profit in a situation like this which is really dumb.

Why third party on Nintendo doesnt really work is this: 
They ignore Nintendo and constantly show N's userbase that third party is nothing you can count on/nothing you need. (the longer they are absent the harder it gets to convince Nintendo players that third party games are worth it) 

Then they try once to reach the nintendo fanbase and give up.
If other people are like me they WAIT and see if the third party game/port is good enough and then maybe buy the discounted game to see how it is or they wait for the second or third game in the series to come out. (to see if devs keep the quality level)

I am not willing to risk my 50-60 dollars anymore only to find out a game is shit thats why I wait for discounted games when it comes to third party games (but publishers automatically assume the game flopped which is not really true and then go back to ignore mode which automatically makes me hesistant to buy the next game again because if there is no constant support or the ports are handled by external studios there is no guaruantee the game will be good)
THIS IS STUPID!

They burned us so often that they NEED to convince us that the games are worth it!
( Yeah! Resident Evil for Wii!  Oh wait its a crappy rail shooter.....   Yeah! Dragon Quest for Wii!  oh wait its a crappy rail-rpg......  Yeah! Dead Space for Wii!  Oh wait its a crappy rail shooter.....   Stuff like this hurts the third party alot the games might be good but its not what people want! Or all those cheap 5 dollar production value games/shovelware....)

Thats the problem. Show me support that LASTS and then I might not be so scared and might actually buy a game. I mean the 60 dollars are worth more to me than to them since I dont earn 100000000 a month like  publishers do! 

Its not working because companies are stupid they want short term profit! With a userbase they abandoned. How should this work? They come out with cheap versions or shovelware and get their short term profit but at the same time establish themselves as crappy companies! The way to go would be  accept short term loss and establish quality brands/games (does not work with absence!!!!)  etc among the Nintendo userbase and then you can expect a steady increase of long term profit. This is how business works.

Lazyness prevents them from earning more money. Well whose fault is that? 

There is tons of ways to fix this problem  start with simple stuff like:

• Don't sell WiiU games for 70!!! while the PS360 version costs 60!!! THIS DOES NOT HELP!!!!!
  • WiiU versions of games should (for a year or so) come out 2 weeks prior to the competitions consoles. People that dont care what platform the game is on but that want to be among the first to play it will buy the WiiU version.
  • It makes no sense to bring out old games  or bring out games 1-2 week later to the new console (Call of Duty where most WiiU owners buy the other version anyway because their friends play other versions NOT WiiU FIX THIS WITH CROSS PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER!!!) or bring out single games and at the same time announce a trilogy for the competition. (Mass Effect).

P.S.
As mentioned above I started to buy other systems because there were not enough games on my Nintendo systems. BUT I almost only own exclusives for any console I have. I have like every first party game for PS2, PS3 and 360. I also have almost every second party game or third party exclusive. And if I have a "normal" third party games its only because the predecessor was an exclusive (like Dead or Alive 4/5)

This shows that my doubt about third party didnt disappear it found its way to my newer systems. Would be interesting to see how many former "Nintendo-only" players ignore games from EA/Activision etc... and bought their new consoles for MORE quality titles and not THIRD PARTY in general.

P.S. I also ignore almost every DLC game until it gets a GOTY edition (Borderlands 1, Batman Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4 etc.) or costs like $10 (Final Fantasy 13-2)

Flawed Summary:

1. Nintendo owners are partially scared to burn money because of third party quality.
  2. Nintendo owners are not used to third party and need time to get used to them.
  3. Nintendo owners cannot get used to third party because third party constantly disappears.
  4. Nintendo owners might be the most "aware"/conservative video game consumers (no DLC games etc.)
  5. Publishers should not focus on short term profit but on long term profit.
  6. Publishers should constantly support and not jump ship after 1 fail they should establish themselves its in their own interest.
  7. Publishers should do a Microsoft and accept a loss to gain access to a userbase/territory (MS doesnt give up Japan!)
  8. Publishers should work not whine!

If anyore made it to the end. Thank you for reading this mess ;)

I would argue that this has been tried and failed.   Ubisoft, EA and Activision all gave Wii solid support, Ubisoft especially, without having much to show for it.

Let's look - Ubisoft gave Wii two launch exclusives - Red Steel and Rayman's Rabbids.  Brought over a ton of other games like Prince of Persia:Rival Swords, Spinter Cell, etc (some rushed crap like Far Cry). Published No More Heroes 1&2, Tenchu, others, maintained the Rabbid series for years,  Red Steel 2, and even late into Wii's life was making quality Wii exclusives like Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (which was rated better than the HD version, was the best of it's genre ever on Wii but sold abysmally) and Driver: San Francisco (which was also very good if taken on it's own merits but also sold pathetically).  Plus of course Just Dance.    JD sold bucketloads of course.  But I'm sure they lost a lot of money making quality Wii exclusives.   Granted they also made some crap Wii versions of games (HAWX, Ghost Recon) but at that point I could hardly blame them.  Wii owners didn't support the good efforts.  With WiiU again massive support with quality games and exclusives.  Where is the Nintendo Fans support for them?  Nearly non-existent despite sold Wii support.

It's legitimately hard to produce a game that sells well with Nintendo fans (that let's face it, only buy long standing existent Nintendo franchises. Even Nintendo struggles with new core IPs).   Last gen there was an argument that it was worth the bother because of the costs of HD gaming.   This was somewhat valid and we saw various efforts, Just Dance, EA Sport Active, Madworld, Goldeneye, etc.  Some flew some didn't.   But WiiU is now HD and if you're going to try to win fickle casuals you can do that now much cheaper and easier on iOS/Android.   Why should anyone make any game for WiiU if it's not a guaranteed seller on Nintendo platforms?   WiiU will get Skylanders , Lego and Just Dance but not much else.   There's just no good business reason to bother.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:

It's legitimately hard to produce a game that sells well with Nintendo fans (that let's face it, only buy long standing existent Nintendo franchises. Even Nintendo struggles with new core IPs).   Last gen there was an argument that it was worth the bother because of the costs of HD gaming.   This was somewhat valid and we saw various efforts, Just Dance, EA Sport Active, Madworld, Goldeneye, etc.  Some flew some didn't.   But WiiU is now HD and if you're going to try to win fickle casuals you can do that now much cheaper and easier on iOS/Android.   Why should anyone make any game for WiiU if it's not a guaranteed seller on Nintendo platforms?   WiiU will get Skylanders , Lego and Just Dance but not much else.   There's just no good business reason to bother.

There's good business reason to create franchises like Skylanders and Just Dance, though. They don't need to be exclusive, but they'll sell best on Nintendo consoles. Not that these are the games Nintendo fans want...

Not much is known at this point, the install base is small and the console just launched. It should be interesting to see how well MH3U does.

Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan who bought CoD or Assassin's Creed 3 on the PS3/Xbox360 should've bought those games on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

I consider myself a Nintendo Fan (I am on team nintendo from that one thread :P ) and I own both AC3 as well as Black OPs 2 for Wii u. I agree with this post really because both are superior ports  and yet have dismal sales. I think we have the same problem as most voters do  and just dont buy them because we have already decided 3rd parties wont support the Wii U so we say to outselves "how will I make a difference?" 

We need more New IP's as well and I feel this is really where 3rd parties are dropping the ball. One can argue that 3rd parties have not performmed too well is because they are putting last gen games on a brand new system - Who wants to buy a wii u for black ops ? Who wanted a wii for red steel? even though red steel was terrible it was unique, exclusive, and popular and I think other 3rd parties should have taken a page out of Ubisofts playbook.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

hatmoza said:
I think a lot of the Nintendo fans on this site support Nintendo. I just think it's the casual gamers that are holding the sales back. Mostly out of confusion.

For the most part, most of us forum dwellers are well informed.

Now if you're talking about third party games that are also multiplat on the PS360. That is not powerful enough to convince people to purchase a Wii U to begin with. Nintendo has something more powerful than third party, that is first party power. What Wii U needs right now is a great line of first party games to support sales of both consoles and software. When that is established, Nintendo will achieve a higher consumer base that can in turn lead to third party support.

I agree... so why that third-party support hate? If the power of Nintendo is first-party then why blame the third-party that not support the platafom?

I think if Nintendo owners wants third-party support then they have to buy third-party games... now if they wants to stay with first-party support so stop to care about third-party.

That's what I think.

if you pretend that i am going to buy an Assassins Creed or Call of Duty (yearly franchises) every year, there is something wrong with you. I am not that a fan of any of those franchises. I do own them on Wii U, but men if I play them every year i would just be bored.

Incubi said:
Nintendo fans wants quality experiences and they also are very good at doing their research before they invest money on a game. They are'nt easily fooled by marketing hype, bullshit reviews of games that are praised(AC3) but in reality are mediocre. They also have a superior eye for true gaming craftsmanship, and a quick walkthrough of whatever games ep.1 on youtube is a pretty good indication of a games craftsmanship.

So far I only bought a single game for my PS3 this year. That game is Ni No Kuni, a game with superior craftsmanship that rivals Nintendo's best. Games like Uncharted and God of War are just fluff and a waste of time. There. I said it.

but, but dod they are mature games!

it's all about being mature..

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(