By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why don't you support your beloved Nintendo?

The problem is that Nintendo fans are really used to get high quality games from Nintendo, when they see a port with not much work on it, we simply ignore it... I bought Assassin's Creed on my WiiU but I played Nintendo Land and Mario 'till I got tired, now I lost interest on AC...

Around the Network

well i am not going to support and spend my personal money on 3rd party software i dont evan want to play. I love all the first party games so I support that as a nintendo fan and a gamer who plays them for fun.. but spending money i dont really have alot of just to support the 3rd parties and make them happy? I would be one huge pathetic fanboy going broke by buying games just make all the 3rd party guys happy lol

I am a gamer with certain tastes not a drone

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan should've bought CoD and Assassin's Creed 3 on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

Actually, recently a lot of Wii U owners have purchased Assassin's Creed 3 for like $40 in the eShop, and have already downloaded it in 6 to 8 hours per Console.

And COD on Wii U is the only HD version outside of PC, plus it does 5 players, so the sales will get at least decent in time.

Deyon said:

Nintendo fans whine about 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U and act like the 3rd party devs hate Nintendo and wants them to fail, which is not true at all.

If you love Nintendo so much why don't you support it by buying 3rd party games on the Wii U instead of getting them on different consoles? .

Every Nintendo fan should've bought CoD and Assassin's Creed 3 on the Wii U, but that didn't happen and now you're blaming the developers for not wanting to make games on a console they won't get any money from.

Sorry broseph, but your point is kind of stupid. I'm not going to waste my money on 3rd party games I don't want to play. I don't personally like Assassin's Creed, or Call of Duty, or Darksiders, or Mass Effect, or most of the other 3rd party games that came out at launch. And beyond that, I spent $350 fuckin' dollars on the system, PLUS money on NSMB U. I didn't have the extra $$$ to waste on something I "might" like such as Scribblenauts, and I'm waiting on buying Arkham City until I finally ever get around to beating Arkham Asylum.

So nice try, and I can truly see what you're TRYING to say, but the attitude needs to go, and the point you're trying to make falls kind of flat, considering that people shouldn't have to buy games they don't actually want just to "show 3rd party support". 3rd party multi-plat support will pick up when Wii U sales pick up, which won't happen until the big guns like Mario Kart come out later this year. I'm fairly certain Watch Dogs will probably sell pretty well, for example. But bottom line is, for me, I'll pay money for 3rd party games when there are 3rd party games that actually appeal to me. And not before.

"Every Nintendo fan should've bought CoD and Assassin's Creed 3 on the Wii U"

No. Nintendo fans shouldn't be obligated to buy third party games for any reason.

Around the Network
Deyon said:
mii-gamer said:

you can't expect every nintendo fan to buy these game. Maybe it's not their type of game, maybe they dont have the money or maybe they dont have a wii u yet. Please don't generalize.

Those are the 2 most popular/biggest franchises this gen, if Nintendo fans don't want them i don't know what they want.

Well, they're Nintendo fans. Fans of Nintendo games. They want Nintendo games, or games like them. Are Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed like Nintendo games?

Most Nintendo fans would probably rather play Rayman than COD.

DevilRising said:
Deyon said:

Sorry broseph, but your point is kind of stupid. I'm not going to waste my money on 3rd party games I don't want to play. I don't personally like Assassin's Creed, or Call of Duty, or Darksiders, or Mass Effect, or most of the other 3rd party games that came out at launch. And beyond that, I spent $350 fuckin' dollars on the system, PLUS money on NSMB U. I didn't have the extra $$$ to waste on something I "might" like such as Scribblenauts, and I'm waiting on buying Arkham City until I finally ever get around to beating Arkham Asylum.

So nice try, and I can truly see what you're TRYING to say, but the attitude needs to go, and the point you're trying to make falls kind of flat, considering that people shouldn't have to buy games they don't actually want just to "show 3rd party support". 3rd party multi-plat support will pick up when Wii U sales pick up, which won't happen until the big guns like Mario Kart come out later this year. I'm fairly certain Watch Dogs will probably sell pretty well, for example. But bottom line is, for me, I'll pay money for 3rd party games when there are 3rd party games that actually appeal to me. And not before.

so much this, I agree fully.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

I plan on buying Call of Duty on Wii U once the price drops (it seems like the superior version), but I already own Assassin's Creed III on PS3.

But it's unreasonable to expect Wii U owners to pay $60 each for games they might not want just to ensure future third-party support.

I can only speak for myself, but I buy my third-party games based on which version is superior and which is cheapest. For example, I plan to buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Wii U because of five-player local multiplayer and exclusive content, but I'm happy to buy Darksiders II on Xbox or PS3 because it's less expensive.

Kaizar said:

Actually, recently a lot of Wii U owners have purchased Assassin's Creed 3 for like $40 in the eShop, and have already downloaded it in 6 to 8 hours per Console.

And COD on Wii U is the only HD version outside of PC, plus it does 5 players, so the sales will get at least decent in time.

the wii u version is also only 880x720. source is digital foundry.

Are you saying this is how your own beloved brand got sales? With people putting up with mediocre 3rd party titles and buying them anyway? You REALLY should be demanding something better from them....