By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 250 Favorite Games - 2012 Edition

Smeags said:
Kresnik said:
Aww. My vote for my favourite game of all time gets completely washed away, with (by the looks of it) no-one else even considering it. Le sigh.

Oh well! :P

Enjoyable to read list, nonetheless.

Yeah... you were the one and only vote for Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. Sorry.

Wtf! I would've voted for it, Kresnik

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
and people say this site is only playstation fans xD

good job smeags

It's been established last year that a lot of Playstation fans are too lazy to compile a list.

Indeed. I didn't bother because it would be too much work. Imagine the work Smeags had to do though! 

Smeags said:

Here's some new interesting info... ^_~

Highest Ranked Game for Each Platform (Late ports and Remakes do not count):

3DS: Super Mario 3D Land (#36)
DC: Soul Calibur (#151)
DS: Pokemon Black/White (#59)
GB: Pokemon Red/Blue (#6)
GBA: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (#100)
GCN: Resident Evil 4 (#3)
Genesis: Sonic & Knuckles (#58)
N64: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (#1)
NES: Super Mario Bros. (#30)
PC: Bioshock (#18)
PSX: Final Fantasy VII (#16)
PS2: Final Fantasy X (#21)
PS3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (#19)
PSP: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (#216)
Saturn: Tomb Raider (#196)
SNES: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (#5)
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy (#4)
X360: Bioshock (#18)
Xbox: Halo: Combat Evolved (#55)

Ok, I'll play devil's advocate

1. N64 (#1)
2. GCN (#3)
3. Wii (#4)
4. SNES (#5)
5. GB (#6)
6. PSX (#16)
7. PC / X360 (#18)
8. PS3 (#19)
9. PS2 (#21)
10. NES (#30)
11. 3DS (#36)
12. XBOX (#55)
13. Genesis (#58)
14. DS (#59)
15. GBA (#100)
16. DC (#151)
17. Saturn (#196)
18. PSP (#216)

Top 5 consoles locked by Nintendo.

Very good games on the list, but also some serious games that are missing and some are criminally too low. PC is especially under-represented, not that it's surprising given that this website is pretty damn console focused and has always been that way.

Is Ocarina really that good or is it one of those snowball phenomenons where it gets mentioned a lot as the best game of all time and then everyone lets that influence their own decision, which leads to more people mentioning it and after a few years it's just set in stone? Sort of like Shawshank Redemption on IMDB I guess.

pezus said:

Very good games on the list, but also some serious games that are missing and some are criminally too low. PC is especially under-represented, not that it's surprising given that this website is pretty damn console focused and has always been that way.

Is Ocarina really that good or is it one of those snowball phenomenons where it gets mentioned a lot as the best game of all time and then everyone lets that influence their own decision, which leads to more people mentioning it and after a few years it's just set in stone? Sort of like Shawshank Redemption on IMDB I guess.

It seems like that. But a ton of people really, truthfully seem to like OoT.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Yea i'll try to play some Zelda games this year. OoT being one of them since it is being recommend by so many. I am sure nostalgia factors into lot of older games being higher up. Why did you not make a list Mr. NinPie?

green_sky said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Yea i'll try to play some Zelda games this year. OoT being one of them since it is being recommend by so many. I am sure nostalgia factors into lot of older games being higher up. Why did you not make a list Mr. NinPie?

I'm pretty sure Smeagsy was making this whole thread when I was still not very active. If I was active then I might've been able to scrape a list of 50 games together, *laughs.*

NintendoPie said:I'm pretty sure Smeagsy was making this whole thread when I was still not very active. If I was active then I might've been able to scrape a list of 50 games together, *laughs.*

Gotcha

Thanks for the work, though this is a bloody awful list with some inarguable crap listed.

pezus said:

PC was the big winner compared to last year, so you guys are getting there.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.