By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 250 Favorite Games - 2012 Edition

Amazing job Smeags! Thanks for doing that! I know how long these threads can take.

I'm really surprised that Roller Coaster Tycoon didn't make it. I love that game so much.

Around the Network

Comparing to which of my top 50 didn't make the top 250

44. Sonic Adventure
43. Pokemon Stadium 2
37. Yoshi's Story
34. Wii Sports Resort
33. Wario Land 3
31. Bomberman 64
28. Sonic Heroes
21. Kirby 64
7. Wario Land 2

Interesting to note that every original (eg, not a remake) Fire Emblem that saw Worldwide release made the list.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Awwww Tumblepop didn't appear here, from scanning through during the lists it definately appeared on at least one other list, that game holds a place in my heart that will only one day be replaced by grease/pig valves :D Some really cool games tho as you move up the list even if they weren't my choices I couldn't disagree with any game belonging on there. Really nicely put together from both sign ups to the tallying up I hope it didn't take too much outta your Christmas mr Smeags chasing people about for their votes :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

That's a lot of great games! Soooooo many Nintendo games. lol that 7 of the top 10 are Mario & Zelda... and I can't argue with it. The only thing that REALLY raises my eyebrows is Mario 64 being ahead of Mario Galaxy.

Awesome job! Great list too.
A bit sad to see that there is no love for the classic adventure game genre, not a single one in the top 250.

My top 10 against vgchartz top 250

1. Everquest, not ranked
2. Civilization, original not ranked, civilization 5 at #177
3. Ico, 181 (102 in 2011)
4. Grim Fandango, not ranked
5. Shadow of the Colossus, 29 (25 in 2011)
6. Journey, 170
7. Dark souls, 76
8. Half-Life, 135 (139 in 2011)
9. Okami, 82 (63 in 2011)
10. Zelda Windwaker, 17 (19 in 2011)

Around the Network

Barely any of my games made the list. Nintendo fans really showed up this year.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I don't accept this list. Everyone knows this site is over ran with Sony fans. That alone would put the top 10 all Playstation exclusives but they are all nintendo games except chronotrigger... i demand a recount. (btw the first page really lagged my computer and I am so sorry smeags had to tally everything up 250 games fuck that)

Awesome list. I salute you for all the effort you put into this!

The gamrconnect community has excellent taste in regards to video games = Confirmed!

Good list! Xenoblade is too low though...also interesting to note that every game in the Top 15 either was or still is a Nintendo exclusive, that's something!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Another factoid is that 16 of the Top 20 are available on Wii! Who said it has no gamez?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.