By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 29th December (HARDWARE ADJUSTED)

I actually thought ioi's attempt at Japan sales wasn't terrible. If he had swapped the PSP and PS3 numbers, it would have been an excellent attempt!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I actually thought ioi's attempt at Japan sales wasn't terrible. If he had swapped the PSP and PS3 numbers, it would have been an excellent attempt!

Just goes to show how inaccurate everything else probably is.  We get weekly Media Create numbers from Japan, if they couldn't estimate accurately based on this then how can they estimate US and EU sales when we don't get any data at all?

I'm calling it now. The Vita is probably outselling the 3DS!

VGKing said:
Kresnik said:

Just goes to show how inaccurate everything else probably is.  We get weekly Media Create numbers from Japan, if they couldn't estimate accurately based on this then how can they estimate US and EU sales when we don't get any data at all?

That's a tough one to believe

GT5 (Week 110)

Sold 66,209 (-32%) units in this week.

8,689,729 LTD.

1,639,837 in 2012.

Up from 50th to 40th.

Lowest week: 9,628 (Week 24)

Highest week: 2,335,820 (Week 1)

Average: 78,997 per week

Final sales for the end of the year or expecting adjustments?

PS3 "THE NEW KING" NEW MILLION SELLERS THIS WEEK

168. ModNation Racers

One more to tie the 360 million sellers.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Dishonored should be there pretty soon. Wonder if that'll be the game to tie them? If not, one of the exclusives like GoW or The Last of Us will

As someone else pointed out to me (think it was Barozi), until the 360 gets all the European software added to the games its missing from, then its not really much of an achievement.  Or trophy (baddum chh).

Skyrim reaches 7mil.

Halo 4 holding up amazingly compared to the other big holiday games(CoD, Assassin's Creed, and Just Dance.

Fifa 2013 was so close to 6mil in year 1. While the 360 version is already ahead of 2012's lifetime sales. PS3 has another 8mil seller on its hands and the 360 has another 6mil seller.

Crazy that a yearly sports franchise is able to defy the trend of consoles and software being down yearly.

VGKing said:
Kresnik said:

You just got infected by the turkish virus!!!

Yay!!!

Nice how the PS3 is doing

So we have tons of Exclusives coming up and the 360 only a Gears Spinoff for whole 2013 right?
GTA5 will probably do better on the PS3 too so the 360 has nothing to counter for the next 10-11 months till the Next CoD comes out right?

Well let's see and wait if it will be enough to surpass the 360 finally completely.The whole November month of the 360 every year is messing our conquering up everytime.
Sooner or later it will happen thats a sure thing.

OP updated to include adjusted global HW numbers