By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 29th December (HARDWARE ADJUSTED)

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
paulrage2 said:
PS3 beats X360 this year by 1.4 million units.

If there are no adjustments and the gap between the PS3 and the 360 grows by 25%, then the PS3 will have outsold the 360 come this time next year.

I don't see this happening.

After adjustments the gap will be near 1.6 or 1.7 million.

I agree, though both systems will be adjusted down (just not so much with the PS3). So it'd still have to have another year like this one to outsell it. If the 720 comes out early-ish (October) then I see it doing it, if not or if the PS4 also launches worldwide then I see it falling painfully short, and will pass in January 2014.

When do you think PS4 will release?

I'm more inclined thinking that they follow the same release pattern that Nintendo did with Wii U no?

Around the Network

So, after more than 10 months sell less than PS3, the year gap between 360 and PS3 is only less than 2million. I would say good sales to 360 considering all consoles are in the declining trend.

Uncharted 3 is currently at 5:68m
Gears of War 3 is currently at 5:75m

:D

So will the PS3 be selling more than the 3DS next week or the week after?

Somini said:
So will the PS3 be selling more than the 3DS next week or the week after?

PS3 is the new King so I expect it to hold strong sales for while.

Around the Network

PS3 is the new king? pfff... Ethomaz, I know you love PS3, but to describe PS3 is a new king is too much.

Every console is in the decline. So to be the king at this moment means nothing. To be the king when every console is growing is more convinced.

lol, ioi tries Japan sales for the first time and fails miserably. He can't do it without numbers from Famitsu/MC.

CGI-Quality said:
Hmm, so PS3 was actually under-tracked for the week? I wonder how much the 360 outsold it by during the holiday, because it appears that much of its gains were erased just using this week's numbers.

With 180k PS3 erased all the sale gained after the BF week... so the gap for the Holiday period is below 200k.

CGI-Quality said:

Thanks.

Looks like as everything quiets down in preparartion for what's next, PS3 may be the one to hang in there the longest. Must say, I'm surprised at how it's doing, I thought for sure it would stay in 3rd. Looks like either this year or next, it will pull itself out of that spot.

@4k1x3r made the maths for us using the @Gilgamesh tables.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5008704

207,661 (X360) for the holidays and 1,853,370 (PS3) for the year.

zhao3gold said:
PS3 is the new king? pfff... Ethomaz, I know you love PS3, but to describe PS3 is a new king is too much.

Every console is in the decline. So to be the king at this moment means nothing. To be the king when every console is growing is more convinced.

You sound mad. There's nothing wrong with celebrating great sales. It doensn't matter that next-gen is coming soon. PS3 will probably end up as the 2nd best selling console this gen and the #1 console worldwide this year again.