By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up 15th December 2012

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
In other news, 3DS reached 25 million worldwide... yeah.

Wow, didn't noticed that. That is great news. The 3DS I was believing is trailing behind the DS, but it get's milestone after milestone and I think it is not doing so much worse than the DS.

Grats to the 3DS and NIntendo for this great milestone.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
kitler53 said:
haxxiy said:
Wii-U and PSVita eating the dust off the ground... 3DS wouldn't look that hot either outside these explosive japanese numbers. I hope these aren't the early signs of a market crash next generation.

i think we've already flown past the "early signs" and are firmly into "early symptoms".  i got laughed at by almost everyone on this site (minus kowenicki, euphoria and like 2 others) that smartphones and tablets are serious forces in the games industry starting like a year and a half ago.  well who's getting the last laugh now?!?

**note: yes i can laugh through my tears.

That would be bad. Smartphones and tablets have by far not the same prices for games as consoles. That is OK for remakes of old games and simple games, but epic games with big worlds, storyline, different musical tracks, polished textures and models cannot be paid with the prices you get for smartphone-games. Yes, you sell more (but not enough, as epic games already reach most of it sales-potential) and you cut some costs as it is only download. But if there is a serious move to smartphones next-gen, when I expect shorter and less polished games and generally less games with an big storyline.

as a gamer, i would agree with you.  i'm going to be really sad if the dedicated gamer space dies out but between big game budgets and the number of kids and adults i see playing ipads on the street ...things are going to collapse all around us.

Jay520 said:
Chandler said:
Jay520 said:
Chandler said:

There is really a lot of goalpost moving going on again. If it suits the agrument suddenly only isolated regions count, or the PSV was never part of the conversation, only surpassing the Wii equals "not doomed". And I'm sure if it passed the Wii it would have been "bu-bu-but only surpassing PS2 means not doomed".

I don't see it. Very few people, if any at all, in this thread have claimed that Vita's future is bright or is "not doomed." (I'm not sure where you got that quote actually). Rather, people are noting the similar sales between the Wii U and the Vita in Europe. This isn't to show the the Vita doing well in Europe. In fact, people seem to be agreeing with the consensus that the Vita is doing poorly in Europe. This is to show that the Wii U is also selling poorly in Europe. Tell me how this is moving goal posts. The Wii U's European sales are a legitimately concern.

Yes, they are. I don't dispute this, but it's just silly that some people here just conveniently leave the other regions off the table just to get another doompost in. Also, I have very clearly answered to a post that mentioned a "race to the bottom between Wii U and PSV" without any mention of europe, so I naturally responded with overall sales and the responses in return were "yes but europe..." and "yes but Wii...". Again, european sales are weak and the Wii U sells worse than the Wii did, but somehow people interpret those two points and conclude "just as bad as Vita". Which is ridiculous.

This is what he said

" If we went by the comments in this thread, it would appear that the most important thing is the race to the bottom between WiiU and PSV"

The key phrase there was that "going by the comments." He was making statements about the users in this thread, not the market.

And if I'm not mistaken, the people saying Wii U sales are bad aren't speaking about overall sales, they are taking about Europe specifically. Unless they're using that to say the Wii U is doing bad globally (which I haven't seen), then I don't see a problem with talking about the Wii U sales in Europe.

You seem to have a problem with people discussing Wii U Europe sales without also discussing other regions, which is silly. People have no obligation to discuss every region when talking about sales.

I don't see how the "key phrase" changes anything. I was adressing the very comments in this thread, and not the market. There is no "in europe" in this sentence, therefor I showed that overall, the race is over. If people only want to adress europe, then fair enough. But I don't see how I am bound to do the same.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Looks like Halo will manage to sell more than 7 million in it's first two months alone. Great numbers to look at.

Chandler said:
Jay520 said:

This is what he said

" If we went by the comments in this thread, it would appear that the most important thing is the race to the bottom between WiiU and PSV"

The key phrase there was that "going by the comments." He was making statements about the users in this thread, not the market.

And if I'm not mistaken, the people saying Wii U sales are bad aren't speaking about overall sales, they are taking about Europe specifically. Unless they're using that to say the Wii U is doing bad globally (which I haven't seen), then I don't see a problem with talking about the Wii U sales in Europe.

You seem to have a problem with people discussing Wii U Europe sales without also discussing other regions, which is silly. People have no obligation to discuss every region when talking about sales.

I don't see how the "key phrase" changes anything. I was adressing the very comments in this thread, and not the market. There is no "in europe" in this sentence, therefor I showed that overall, the race is over. If people only want to adress europe, then fair enough. But I don't see how I am bound to do the same.

You shouldn't had started all that because of my comment, as Jay is saying the "race to the bottom" was addressing some of the comments you are trying to counter. I just can't stand people that say something like "trololol WiiU sales in Europe", it appears that some of them are just releasing some of the feelings they had because of the poor PSV sales. The whole thing is messed up.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Jay520 said:
Chandler said:
Jay520 said:
Chandler said:

There is really a lot of goalpost moving going on again. If it suits the agrument suddenly only isolated regions count, or the PSV was never part of the conversation, only surpassing the Wii equals "not doomed". And I'm sure if it passed the Wii it would have been "bu-bu-but only surpassing PS2 means not doomed".

I don't see it. Very few people, if any at all, in this thread have claimed that Vita's future is bright or is "not doomed." (I'm not sure where you got that quote actually). Rather, people are noting the similar sales between the Wii U and the Vita in Europe. This isn't to show the the Vita doing well in Europe. In fact, people seem to be agreeing with the consensus that the Vita is doing poorly in Europe. This is to show that the Wii U is also selling poorly in Europe. Tell me how this is moving goal posts. The Wii U's European sales are a legitimately concern.

Yes, they are. I don't dispute this, but it's just silly that some people here just conveniently leave the other regions off the table just to get another doompost in. Also, I have very clearly answered to a post that mentioned a "race to the bottom between Wii U and PSV" without any mention of europe, so I naturally responded with overall sales and the responses in return were "yes but europe..." and "yes but Wii...". Again, european sales are weak and the Wii U sells worse than the Wii did, but somehow people interpret those two points and conclude "just as bad as Vita". Which is ridiculous.

This is what he said

He's referring to the fact that the community is more interested in Vita and Wii U negativity more than anything else. No, he didn't specify Europe but he didn't specify worldwide either. Considering Europe is the only region where there is a "race" its safe to assume that's what he's referring to.

Regardless though, I'm not replying to your reply to him. I don't have a problem with you comparing worldwide sales. You can do that all you want. I'm replying to your post about people moving goal posts. You said its silly to only comment on Europe sales while excluding other regions. I'm saying its not silly at all when Europe sales are a clear anomaly compared to other regions, and is naturally more interesting.

Halo 4 is really a beast. In this week alone it almost sold more than any PS3 exclusive released this year.
But still, PS3 sales are really close to the 360 ones. I wonder what the gap is gonna end up being at the end of the year...
And also, how bigger was it last January?

man-bear-pig said:
weaveworld said:
Good sales across the board.
No comments on the Vita yet, are those sales decent enough?

No, they're absolutely terrible. It needs GTA or something ASAP

I've seen worse. 

VGKing said:
man-bear-pig said:
weaveworld said:
Good sales across the board.
No comments on the Vita yet, are those sales decent enough?

No, they're absolutely terrible. It needs GTA or something ASAP

I've seen worse. 

When? :0

has anybody else not noticed that the ps3 was at 70.2 M last week now its only at 70M