By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up 15th December 2012

spambot

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
benao87 said:
If we went by the comments in this thread, it would appear that the most important thing is the race to the bottom between WiiU and PSV. PS3 and 3DS are having some fantastic numbers, Sony and Nintendo fans should just rejoice :)

Oh, and those are some beastly 3DS numbers, 1 mill next week?

It's christmas-time. Previous years we already could see the million in this week for some device. But as we have a transition to next-gen it is probably to expect. Only thing that could have done it was 3DS, but it does not good enough outside Japan for this feat yet. With the games localized to europe and US next year, it should do better next year.

Other than that, I don't speak about a race to bottom for WiiU, it does goos in most parts of the world. But it does considerably bad in Europe, and as a european I have no idea why.

Well as you said, we won't be seeing past chrismas numbers because of the age of the gen, and the transition to a new one. PSV is doing quite bad all around, and WiiU europe numbers are rather pathetic, nothing bad saying that, the problem is people launching stealth jabs, and that.

And, do we know how many data collection points are in Europe, is it strongly based in extrapolations of the UK?

At last, glorious numbers! (Are they much later this week? They feel later than usual).

Anyway, beast of a week from 3DS. Japan is really breathing life into the global numbers for it.

360 and PS3 surprisingly close as well. I haven't been following the numbers in previous years, but all the banter on here led me to believe that 360 would dominate PS3 over the holidays.

Wii-U holding alright in US and Japan, but those European numbers are pretty low. Vita doing it's normal trundling along. It really needs to start pulling at least PSP numbers in Japan.

benao87 said:
Mnementh said:
benao87 said:
If we went by the comments in this thread, it would appear that the most important thing is the race to the bottom between WiiU and PSV. PS3 and 3DS are having some fantastic numbers, Sony and Nintendo fans should just rejoice :)

Oh, and those are some beastly 3DS numbers, 1 mill next week?

It's christmas-time. Previous years we already could see the million in this week for some device. But as we have a transition to next-gen it is probably to expect. Only thing that could have done it was 3DS, but it does not good enough outside Japan for this feat yet. With the games localized to europe and US next year, it should do better next year.

Other than that, I don't speak about a race to bottom for WiiU, it does goos in most parts of the world. But it does considerably bad in Europe, and as a european I have no idea why.

Well as you said, we won't be seeing past chrismas numbers because of the age of the gen, and the transition to a new one. PSV is doing quite bad all around, and WiiU europe numbers are rather pathetic, nothing bad saying that, the problem is people launching stealth jabs, and that.

And, do we know how many data collection points are in Europe, is it strongly based in extrapolations of the UK?

Nintendo has yet to release any official shipment numbers for Europe(unlike the US and kinda japan where tracking is pretty much a science) so the low WII U number for Europe and Nintendo lack of saying anything is going hand and hand.

ohh are there any adjustment from previous weeks?

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
benao87 said:

Nintendo has yet to release any official shipment numbers for Europe(unlike the US and kinda japan where tracking is pretty much a science) so the low WII U number for Europe and Nintendo lack of saying anything is going hand and hand.

So you both suggest, that WiiU might be undertracked in Europe? Well, lets see and wait.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Train wreck said:
benao87 said:

Quite true, hopefully next weeks numbers are encouraging enough to allow them to make a official statement, otherwise we will have to wait until FY reports.

Oh and btw, Hitman Absolution is marked down literally everywhere in the UK (GAME are selling their tailor-made edition for £20, it's also £20 on PSN at the moment). Might explain the numbers over here.

jonnybmk said:
3DS is a BEAST.

I'm disappointed the Vita sold as much as it did (was hoping lower) but glad to see the DS outselling it.

I really have no opinion on the Wii U; could be higher I guess.

What do you mean your disappointed the vita sold as much as it did?

bananaking21 said:
ohh are there any adjustment from previous weeks?

Yes...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151720